The Oscars, in its entirety, will be available to stream within hours of its broadcast completion, beginning Monday, Feb. 25th at 6:00 a.m. EST through Wednesday, February 27, at midnight EST. Here's what Karin Gilford, Senior Vice President of Digital Media, ABC Entertainment had to say.
Christina Kounelias, the Academy's Chief Marketing Officer, also released a statement.
The full streaming will be advertiser supported with :15 or :30 video spots running intermittingly from Blue Diamond, Diet Coke, Hyundai, JC Penney, Samsung and The University of Phoenix.
Hosted by Seth MacFarlane, the show included:
- A Celebration of Movie Musicals: Jennifer Hudson (Dreamgirls) and Catherine Zeta-Jones (Chicago) joined this year's Oscar nominees from Les Miserables, Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, Aaron Tveit, Samantha Barks, and Helena Bonham Carter
- A very special performance from Barbra Streisand
- Norah Jones performing "Everybody Needs a Best Friend" from the motion picture Ted
- Adele singing the Oscar-nominated theme song from Skyfall
- Appearances by: Jack Nicholson, Dustin Hoffman, Jane Fonda, Jennifer Garner, Kristen Stewart, Kerry Washington, Jennifer Aniston, Michael Douglas, Jamie Foxx, Paul Rudd, Salma Hayek Pinnault, Melissa McCarthy, Liam Neeson and John Travolta, Ben Affleck, Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry, Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon, Mark Wahlberg, Ted, and Marvel's The Avengers cast members Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo; returning 2011 Oscar winners Jean Dujardin, Christopher Plummer, Octavia Spencer and Meryl Streep; Chicago cast members Richard Gere, Queen Latifah, Renée Zellweger and Catherine Zeta-Jones; special guests Charlize Theron, Channing Tatum, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Daniel Radcliffe; and performers including Kristin Chenoweth, Jennifer Hudson, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, Aaron Tveit, Samantha Barks, and Helena Bonham Carter, Adele, Shirley Bassey, Norah Jones and Barbra Streisand.
The Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2012 were presented on Oscar Sunday, February 24, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center, and were hosted by Seth MacFarlane. The Oscar presentation was televised live on the ABC Television Network and in more than 225 countries worldwide.