Post on Bryan Yentz's Wall
Share
Bryan Yentz reviewed the movie Septic Man

"... With Septic Man, feces don't just serve as a vomit-inducing plot-point, but are given so much screen time that they might as well have been listed it in the credits..."
Bryan Yentz reviewed the movie The Signal

"... The Signal, for 99% of its runtime, emulates the emotional context of District 9; its ending, the remaining 1%, imitates the likes of Michael Bay and all of his Transformers films..."
Mr.K   »  Bryan Yentz
So, how you've been lately?
  • Been doing alright. Keeping busy with a lot of projects and such. You?
  • The same, just finished watching Short Peace, Mallrats ( the theatrical cut), Triplets of Belleville and Hal. So far, I'm writing the review for As Above, So Below.
  • Just finished watching the extended cut of Mallrats. Better than what I expected to be.
@ejk1,

Haha, dude. What an awesome statement, man. Right to the point.
@mr-k,

The comic of Kick-Ass: 2 was actually worse than the sh*t-show that was the movie...
Oh, so they were looking through the "unimportant, has-been" folder for this casting choice.
Bryan Yentz wrote a comment about the news item Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas Trailer
@mr-k,

Haha, it's Cam--for Cameron. He named it after himself.
Bryan Yentz gave this a Thumbs Down
NO. This doesn't need a remake or a third entry unless Kurt plays Snake. He IS Snake. I'm sorry, but Charlie Hnnam's "grizzled"/"tough-guy" American accent is just terrible and overly cheesy. Even with the camp factor of the originals, Plisken and his dialogue were still badass. Hunnam would just make it a comedy with his verbiage as his forced "gruff" attitude is just a joke.

Leave well enough alone.
Bryan Yentz wrote a comment about the news item Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas Trailer
Bahahaha, "CAMFAM Studios"?! Hahahaha... Oh, Kirk...
Bryan Yentz gave this a Thumbs Down
  • Bryan Yentz gave it 0.5 star

Rate This!
Bryan Yentz gave this a Thumbs Down
Bryan Yentz gave this a Thumbs Down
"It's almost impossible to play a superhero anyway. You can't. You just have to play a character that happens to do these amazing things. That's the only way you can do it."

That is, without hyperbole, one of the stupidest things I have ever read. Great job at defining "acting".
Bryan Yentz wrote a comment about his Review of Found
@mr-k,

Somehow, I'm not surprised at Disney's willingness to alter the original material into something else. Unfortunately, I really haven't viewed anything on Big Hero Six before seeing the first teaser.
Bryan Yentz wrote a comment about his Review of Found
@mr-k,

While I haven't seen the Japanese trailers for it, I actually liked Big Hero 6's teaser. I'm not expecting greatness, but I didn't mind what I saw of it thus far.
Bryan Yentz wrote a comment about his Review of Found
@mr-k,

So, with Boxtrolls--while it has a lot of potential, I'm afraid it might replicate the worst of those previous efforts: emotionless voice-acting and horrible, irresponsible messages for children.
Bryan Yentz wrote a comment about his Review of Found
@mr-k,

I love stop-motion animation, but I've been disappointed with their last efforts. Like, Coraline looked beautiful and I'm glad they took a darker path with it, but it all just felt okay. The voice-acting for it I found especially lackluster and soulless. And Paranorman started off great but I found it had an appalling message regarding victims and bullies (victims should simply forgive the abuse while bullies should be allowed to prosper in their attacks on their victims and not have to change/acknowledged their horrible behavior).
  • Bryan Yentz gave it 0.5 star

Rate This!