Joel Schumacher (Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Flatliners and Phone Booth) brought a whole new twist to the vampire genre when he directed the young hunks Kiefer Sutherland (TV’s 24), Jason Patric (The Alamo and Sleepers), Corey Haim (License to Drive) and Corey Feldman (The Goonies). The movie, which won the 1988 Saturn Award for “Best Horror Film,” won over critics and fans with a campy, but cool horror movie ride. Caryn James of The New York Times called the film, “A hip, comic twist on classic Vampire Stories.”
“When The Lost Boys premiered theatrically, it took the world by surprise and quickly became a cult phenomenon that paved the way for hit television series like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel,” states Michael Radiloff, WHV’s Vice President, Theatrical Catalog Marketing. “We’re thrilled to be building on that legacy and the film’s passionate fan base with this fully loaded special edition. The original release of The Lost Boys sold more than 2 million videos. ”
Synopsis: When their parents divorce, Michael (Jason Patric) and Sam Emerson (Corey Haim) move with their mother to their grandfather’s house in a California town nicknamed, “The Murder Capital of the World.” Soon after arriving, Michael gets involved with a hell-raising motorcycle gang of vampires with a charismatic leader (Kiefer Sutherland). When Sam becomes involved with the Frog Brothers (Corey Feldman and Jamison Newlander), who confess to being undercover Vampire hunters, he realizes it’s up to them to save Michael and the rest of the town from the vampire gang.
In addition to a new digital transfer and Dolby 5.1 sound, The Lost Boys Two-Disc Special Edition DVD will feature the following bonus materials:
- Commentary by director Joel Schumacher
- The Lost Boys: A Retrospective with Joel Schumacher, Richard Donner, Keifer Sutherland, Jami Gertz, Corey Feldman, Corey Haim, Jamison Newlander, Greg Cannom, Edward Herrmann and Michael Chapman
- Inside the Vampire’s Cave
- A Director’s Vision
- Comedy vs. Horror
- Fresh Blood: A New Look at Vampires
- The Lost Boys Sequel?
- Vamping Out: The Undead Creations of Greg Cannom, Oscar® winning make-up artist
- The Vampire’s Photo Gallery
- The Return of Sam and the Frog Brothers:
- Haimster & Feldog: The Story of the 2 Coreys
- Multi-Angle Video Commentary with Corey Haim, Corey Feldman and Jamison Newlander
- The Lost Scenes - Deleted scenes
- A World of Vampires - Interactive ancient map of the world and the vampires that inhabit it
- Lost In the Shadows by Lou Gramm, Music Video
- Theatrical trailer
The Lost Boys was released July 31st, 1987 and stars Jason Patric, Corey Haim, Dianne Wiest, Barnard Hughes, Edward Herrmann, Kiefer Sutherland, Jami Gertz, Corey Feldman. The film is directed by Joel Schumacher.