Lisa Cholodenko's critically acclaimed movie The Kids Are All Right will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on November 16. No pricing details were given yet, but you can take a look at the cover art and special features details below. The movie stars Annette Bening, Julianne Moore, Mia Wasikowska, Josh Hutcherson and Mark Ruffalo.
Directed by Lisa Cholodenko (Laurel Canyon) from an original screenplay that she wrote with Stuart Blumberg (Keeping the Faith), The Kids Are All Right stars Academy Award nominees Annette Bening (American Beauty) and Julianne Moore (Boogie Nights). Nic (Bening) and Jules (Moore) are a suburban couple raising their two teens, Joni (Mia Wasikowska, Alice in Wonderland) and Laser (Josh Hutcherson, Journey to the Center of the Earth), in Southern California. But when the kids track down their "donor dad" Paul (Mark Ruffalo, Shutter Island), an unexpected new chapter begins for everyone as family ties are defined, re-defined and then re-re-defined.
- The Journey to Forming a Family: Director/Co-writer Lisa Cholodenko reveals how her five-year long journey to write and bring the film to the screen was motivated by her desire to put down roots and create a family of her own.
- The Making of The Kids Are All Right: It's all about family - and cast, and crew...
- The Writer's Process: Lisa Cholodenko & Stuart Blumberg discuss their writing process.
- Feature Commentary: With Director/Co-writer Lisa Cholodenko.
- BD-Live: Access the BD-Live Center through your Internet-connected player to watch the latest trailers and more! (Blu-ray only)
- pocket Blu: USHE's groundbreaking pocket Blu app uses iPhone, iPod touch, Blackberry, Nokia Smartphone, Android, PC and Macintosh to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray player. Also available on the iPad, owners can enjoy a new, enhanced edition of pocket Blu made especially to take advantage of the tablet's larger screen and high resolution display. Consumers will be able to browse through a library of Blu-ray content and watch entertaining extras on-the-go in a way that's bigger and better than ever before. pocket Blu offers advanced features such as: (Blu-ray only)
- Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live functions with ease. (Blu-ray only)
- Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.(Blu-ray only)
- Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere. (Blu-ray only)
- Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket Blu-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray Hi-Def. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device. (Blu-ray only)
- Keyboard: Enter data into a Blu-ray player with your device's easy and intuitive keyboard. (Blu-ray only)
- My Scenes: Bookmark your favorite scenes from the film. (Blu-ray only)
- uHear: Never miss another line of dialogue when you're watching The Kids Are All Right with this innovative feature that instantly skips back a few seconds on your Blu-ray disc and turns on the subtitles to highlight what you missed. (Blu-ray only)
The Kids Are All Right was released July 9th, 2010 and stars Julianne Moore, Annette Bening, Mark Ruffalo, Mia Wasikowska, Josh Hutcherson, Yaya DaCosta, Kunal Sharma, Eddie Hassell. The film is directed by Lisa Cholodenko.