Here's what Regal Entertainment Group chief marketing officer Ken Thewes had to say in a statement.
At its peak, #sharknado registered about 5,000 tweets per minute, and accumulated more than 600,000 social media mentions while taking the internet by storm. Tickets for the midnight shows are available at the box office, online and through the Regal App.
Chris Sylvia, director of digital marketing for Regal Entertainment Group, had this to say in a statement.
For anyone near a theater where Sharknado is forecast to hit, Regal reminds you:
- An umbrella is not much protection. See how Ian Ziering improvises with a chainsaw.
- After going airborne, sharks cannot click their ruby slippers like Dorothy to go home.
- Sharknado disaster coverage in cinemas will not be interrupted by commercials.
- If Jaws made you think twice about the sea, remember Sharknado can hit anywhere.
- Long range forecasts predict another Sharknado will hit New York City next.
When a freak hurricane swamps the Los Angeles area, nature's deadliest killer rules sea, land, and air as thousands of sharks terrorize the waterlogged populace. Surfer and bar-owner, Fin (Ziering), and his friends Baz (Jaason Simmons) and Nova (Cassie Scerbo), set off to rescue his estranged wife April (Tara Reid) and teenage daughter Claudia (Aubrey Peeples). The movie's official tagline of "Enough said!" speaks for itself in this disaster film.
A full list of participating theaters is available online: REGmovies.com/promotions/sharknado.
For more information and to find out how to become a Regal Crown Club Member to accumulate rewards for moviegoing loyalty, visit Regal's website at REGMovies.com.
Sharknado was released July 11th, 2013 and stars Ian Ziering, Tara Reid, John Heard, Cassie Scerbo, Jaason Simmons, Alex Arleo, Neil H. Berkow, Heather Khan. The film is directed by Anthony C. Ferrante.