If Ron Perlman has his way, Hellboy 3 will become a reality. Here's what the actor had to say during the C2E2 convention in Chicago this weekend, where he revealed that he is trying to get director Guillermo del Toro to make one final installment.
Hellboy 3 needs to happen says actor Ron Perlman
"I've been giving Guillermo
body shots for two years. We both walked away from Hellboy II
agreeing that there would never be another one. But, with the passage of time, it became clear to me that he really always designed it as a trilogy. He has a very well-articulated idea of what the resolve would look like and it's amazingly theatrical and is epic in scope and would make for amazing cinema, with or without the first two movies. But there are so many questions posed in the first two films that absolutely need to be answered. I said, 'You owe it to the world to finish this trilogy.' I've been giving him Jewish guilt."
Both Ron Perlman and Guillermo del Toro revealed during Comic-Con 2012 that they are trying to make Hellboy 3 a reality, although we haven't heard anything regarding the project since then. The actor also acknowledged that the director does have a lot of projects on his slate, but that he wants to make the sequel very soon.
"He's just so busy, but I'm going to keep working away at the body. I'm pushing seventy so he better f****** do this soon."
2004's Hellboy earned $99 million worldwide, while the 2008 follow-up, Hellboy II: The Golden Army, made $160 million.
Ron Perlman will next be seen in Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim, opening in theaters nationwide July 12.
Hellboy 3 is in development and stars Ron Perlman. The film is directed by Guillermo del Toro.