Debuting an Unrated Director's Cut with even more intense, heart-pounding sequences not shown in theaters and an alternate ending, the Blu-ray Combo Pack includes bonus features that reveal the behind-the-scenes secrets of the heart-stopping thriller's incredible cast, uniquely talented crew and cutthroat characters. In addition, Riddick will be available in a new collection that includes all three movies in the groundbreaking franchise: Pitch Black, The Chronicles of Riddick and Riddick plus The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury from Emmy Award-Winning animator, Peter Chung (Aeon Flux).
In an electrifying return to his signature role, Diesel heads up an internationally acclaimed cast that includes Karl Urban (Star Trek franchise), Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica), Jordi Mollà (Defiance), WWE superstar Dave Bautista (upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy), Noah Danby (Defiance), Danny Blanco (Immortals), Bokeem Woodbine (Total Recall), Matthew Nable (Killer Elite), Raoul Trujillo (Apocalypto), Conrad Pla (Immortals), Neil Napier (White House Down), Nolan Gerard Funk (Aliens in America) and two-time Grammy Award nominee Keri Hilson.
The Blu-ray Combo Pack includes a Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet.
- Blu-ray unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- Digital HD with Ultraviolet lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download movies to watch on iPad, iPhone, Android, smart TVs, connected Blu-ray players, game consoles, and more.
Bonus Features Exclusively on Blu-ray
- The Twohy Touch - In this short film, writer and director David Twohy explains the development of Riddick, the third feature film in his high-concept sci-fi series. Interviews and on-set footage detail Twohy's vision and inspiration, as well as the creative collaboration between the filmmaker and star Vin Diesel that takes the cult franchise to a new level.
- Riddickian Tech - The filmmakers, including Riddick's amazing effects team, talk about the extraordinary technologies used to create Riddick's eye-popping sci-fi elements, from the practical effects to the green screen wonders that made it possible to bring this high-intensity, futuristic thriller to the big screen.
- The World Of Riddick - Key members of the filmmaking team, including director David Twohy, production designer Joseph C. Nemec III and director of photography David Eggby talk about the inspiration and influences behind the film's vivid and unique visuals and savage predators.
- Vin's Riddick - Vin Diesel, his co-stars and the entire filmmaking team provide an inside look at the superstar's passion for everything from the film's production and development to his intensive physical training, as well as just what makes Diesel ideal for the role of the indestructible Richard B. Riddick.
- Meet The Mercs - From Karl Urban and Katee Sackhoff to Jordi Mollà, Dave Bautista, Bokeem Woodbine, and Nolan Gerard Funk, this featurette spotlights the dynamic supporting cast of Riddick and the characters they portray, exploring what the actors bring to their roles, as well as the weapons and clothing styles that define them to enhance this heart-stopping thriller.
- Riddick: Blindsided - A motion comic prequel to Riddick that fills in the gap since 2004's The Chronicles of Riddick.
Global action-superstar Vin Diesel reprises his breakthrough role in Riddick, the much-anticipated new chapter in the epic adventures of the most wanted man in the universe. The all-new thriller finds the title character trapped on a sun-scorched planet and pursued by ruthless bounty hunters eager to collect the reward for Vin Diesel's capture-dead or alive. Savage alien creatures, expansive desert landscapes, monster storms, jet hogs and an arsenal of futuristic weaponry make this the most exhilarating episode to date in writer and director David Twohy's breathtaking series of futuristic blockbusters.
Riddick was released September 6th, 2013 and stars Vin Diesel, Jordi Mollà, Matthew Nable, Katee Sackhoff, Dave Bautista, Bokeem Woodbine, Raoul Trujillo, Conrad Pla. The film is directed by David Twohy.