'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Begins Shooting in April of 2013

Director Bryan Singer begins pre-production on this anticipated follow-up to 'X-Men: First Class'.
X-Men: Days of Future Past begins shooting in April of 2013
X-Men: Days of Future Past begins shooting in April of 2013
One person not in the running for Star Wars: Episode VII is Bryan Singer, who is instead taking on the prequel sequel X-Men: Days of Future Past, his third go as director of an X-Men film.

It's being widely reported today that X-Men: Days of Future Past, a direct follow-up to the critically acclaimed and fan favorite prequel X-Men: First Class, is set to begin shooting this April. Originally, cameras were supposed to role in January, but the loss of original director Matthew Vaughn set things back a couple of paces.

Pre-production is already underway, as indicated by Bryan Singer on his official Twitter page.

Matthew Vaughn, who is rumored to be a contender for the highly coveted director's seat on Star Wars: Episode VII, is still attached to this upcoming adventure as a producer, and has contributed to the script. The story is rumored to be based on a 1981 plotline from the comic books, in which the young X-Men try to prevent a dystopian future ruled by Sentinels, giant pink and purple robots that hunt down and slaughter mutants.

It will be interesting to see how this story unfolds in what is still being considered a prequel to the original series of movies, as the comic takes place in 1981, some twenty years after X-Men: First Class. An older Kitty Pryde and a war torn Wolverine are the main protagonists, as they fight to restore a world where Senator Robert Kelly is still alive, and the mutants are locked away in an interment camp...Which will surely make Magneto (Michael Fassbender) very, very angry.

X-Men: Days of Future Past comes to theaters May 23rd, 2014 and stars Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Peter Dinklage, Hugh Jackman, Evan Peters, James McAvoy, Ellen Page. The film is directed by Bryan Singer.

1. Bane5000

AVENGERS 2 NEWS:

Some more interesting tweets from the infamous Roger Wardell....

1. Inside News: When Stephanie Szostak's role is for Iron Man 3 is announced, fans will go crazy.

2. The Avengers was about assembling to save the world, but in Avengers 2 the team will be assembling to save themselves.

1 year agoby @bane5000Flag

2. Bane5000

@skywise... I hear ya man, classic stories like theses are called classics for a reason and mean alot to fans...Unfortunately not alot to FOX

1 year agoby @bane5000Flag

@bane5000 Maybe the leather costumes will be for the older, future x men while the younger gen retains their color. If they are tying these all together that would make sense....a little.

Wolverine was definatly important in the DoFP...as you can see from the cover above which was the 2nd issue in the 2 issue run. I would be irritated if Wolvie came back in time. Racheal was pivitol in sending Kitty's mind back thru time into her younger body and they were the best of friends for a loooong time. (Ever read Excalibur?)

But As I have said before, I am really over the fact that FOX pays no attention to the character continuity. They really f'ed that up a long time ago so I expect changes to be made in who appears in what timeline. I hope its not Wolvie, it wouldnt make much sense...his mental state has never been what one would call "sound".

Oh man I am crossing my fingers on this one. Chris Claremont is my favorite X Men writer. His stories have always held such weight sand it would be a shame to see this awesome story falter.

I was too young when DoFP came out but I managed to get it in a comic shop by my house when I was in JrHigh....and comic shops were common. I fell in love with the story because it was so bizarre.

This one means a lot to me.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

4. Bane5000

Lets see how long it takes MW to post about the costume designer from the previous films being hired for DOFP

1 year agoby @bane5000Flag

5. Bane5000

@skywise...Yeah, but remember this is FOX were talking bout here...U know they are gonna wanna get their most popular character as a pivitol part of the film to get people to go see it, who more than Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, i wouldnt put it passed them if they already have that in mind instead of using Kitty, Rachel or hell even Bishop like in the Animated Series.

Oh P.S- Word is Singer has re-hired the costume designer from the previous X-men trilogy...so dont expect the colored costumes, they may go back to black leather :-/

1 year agoby @bane5000Flag

@bane5000 Oh lord no. That would kill it for me. I could deal with Racheal Summers as she is a fairly prominent character in the story but there would have to be a hell of a lot of exposition explaining that bizzare inception. If they use Racheal it might be better just to leave out the whole Goblin Queen saga and just have her the mysterious (alternate reality) offspring of the Summers and leave it at that.

i can deal with a lot of what FOX has done to my X Men character wise. I'm over it. But if they do not use Kitty, I will be...furious.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

7. Bane5000

@skywise...True, Kitty is a must as she was the key figure in both timelines in the story, but im sure FOX will make it a diffferent character from the future linking to the past and warning the X-Men of wat will be...watch them go ahead and make it Wolverine :-/

1 year agoby @bane5000Flag

@bane5000 At t his point its useless to get upset over the character timelines in association with the comic books but there are definatly key elements that must be involved. Kitty Pryde is first and formost on my list of musts.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

9. Bane5000

Heres a good question for all: What are you MOST looking forward to and hoping to see in "X-Men: Days of Future Past???

For me, anything involving SENTINELS, show them hunting and killing mutants and seeing an all out battle ala the Avengers with X-Men vs Sentinels, also want to see the mutant graveyard with familiar names on tombstones and the idea that Magneto was behind JFK's assaination and thats wat kicks off the SENTINEL Program.

1 year agoby @bane5000Flag

10. Bane5000

@cheetoboy...The Sentinels were created by Bolivar Trask

1 year agoby @bane5000Flag

11. Bane5000

This movie better be...and i repeat...better be faithfull to the storyline, im talking full blown DOFP adaptation, not just a general X-Men story with a hint of DOFP.

Oh and there better damn well be Sentinels lol

1 year agoby @bane5000Flag

12. Corey W.

Huh...does this mean we'll be seeing Jackman in more than just a cameo? Or will a younger star take the face of Wolverine? If Wolverine isn't in it I'll lose hope in the project. Ya gotta have the character there.

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

13. Cheetoboy

Wow, all I hope is that its way better than the first. I hope Wolverine will show up in this one, I also forgot the name of the guy who invented the sentinals in the first place, he I think was also a cyborg, If anyone knows please tell me.

1 year agoby @cheetoboyFlag

14. Pjwolsker

Sooo will Wolverine be in this then?

1 year agoby @pjwolskerFlag

15. ROFLitschristian

That's not soon enough, but I guess it'll do.

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

16. Xenon

I doubt Wolverine will be in it, but since it's a messed up universe one never knows. alternate universe

1 year agoby @xenon56Flag

17. David garcia

Please let wolverine and colossus go berserk on the sentinals.

1 year agoby @David-garcia-67788063Flag

18. the MovieGhost

So we should be getting this around 2015 then? If so, we are going to have one HELL of a year for movies.

1 year agoby @the-movieghostFlag

19. SherlockHolmes2009

I wonder how Wolverine will be in this one

1 year agoby @SherlockHolmes2009Flag

20. Equialuv

one question - is Azazel coming back? thats all I really care about for this movie

1 year agoby @equialuvFlag

21. Robertswww

With Vaughn as a Producer and helping with the script and Bryan Singer back in the director's seat... This is going to be good!

1 year agoby @robertswwwFlag