'World War Z' Trailer Starring Brad Pitt!

Get your first look at Marc Forster's highly-anticipated adaptation of Max Brooks' zombie novel.
Following the poster debut earlier in the week, Paramount Pictures has finally unleashed the first trailer for World War Z. Brad Pitt stars as a United Nations employee, traversing the globe to interview survivors of the worldwide zombie apocalypse. How can you go wrong with zombies and Brad Pitt? Check out the first footage from director Marc Forster's living dead thriller, also starring Matthew Fox, David Morse, and James Badge Dale.

World War Z was released June 21st, 2013 and stars Brad Pitt, Mireille Enos, Daniella Kertesz, James Badge Dale, Ludi Boeken, Matthew Fox, Fana Mokoena, David Morse. The film is directed by Marc Forster.

Sources: Apple

Ugh... all my worst fears realized...

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

2. caifa

Resident Evil and I am Legend just had a had a baby.....

1 year agoby @caifaFlag

3. FilmWiz

Enough already with the god damn zombie movies!!! ow and World War Z? Z like in Zombie right? your movie title is bad and u should feel bad!

1 year agoby @filmwizFlag

4. Manuelalmanza

the wave was pretty fuzzy, over all it doesn't look bad. seems pretty cool, so i'm sure i'll be looking forward to this

1 year agoby @ManuelalmanzaFlag

I thought the wave was utterly ridiculous, @the-movieghost. However, it'll probably be a pretty cool albeit extremely cheesy "wow" moment within context upon watching it in theaters. We'll see how it goes, but I liked the sloppy and chaotic way that zombies seemed to be mowing down the streets. It's like the infected from 28 Days and 28 Weeks Later on steroids. :P

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

6. Brian

@jonquest Well said.

1 year agoby @brianFlag

7. Escapist

Pretty cool, the zombies move like they have the rage virus from 28 days later.

1 year agoby @escapistFlag

8. the MovieGhost

Anything to say on the "Wave o' CG Zombies" @narrator?

1 year agoby @the-movieghostFlag

9. Ezmobot

Well good thing movie are for people who don't give a sh*t about books!! I think it looks pretty intense, and the zombies are refreshingly super active and savage. Hope the CGI gets a touch up. But Im in all the way on this one.

1 year agoby @EzmobotFlag

10. John2347

I think that's one of the coolest previews ever. I think it looks better than Lone Ranger.

1 year agoby @john2347Flag

11. Xenon

having not read the book, I'm so looking forward to this film. It looks awesome to me.

1 year agoby @xenon56Flag

12. David garcia

What! No battle of Yonkers, what's the meaning of this.

1 year agoby @David-garcia-67788063Flag

13. Superman81

If you love the book and are mad that this film isnt true, then just go see the film for what it is and like it or hate it. I think this will be a very good movie and look forward to it.

1 year agoby @superman81Flag

14. jonquest

As a fan of the book, this is disappointing. I understand things need to change to translate to a movie audience--I'm fine with that, but from this trailer it looks like they've gone out of their way to make this as different as possible. If it didn't have the name "World War Z" on it, I wouldn't even recognize it.

1 year agoby @jonquestFlag

15. Bane5000

@narrator...Ur right about it not being fully faithfull to the book, here's what i found about how they came about doing and changing the screenplay from the book to just making it a zombie action flick:

" The screenplay was written by J. Michael Straczynski, with Marc Forster directing, and Pitt starring as the main character, United Nations employee Gerry Lane. Despite being the draft that got the film green-lit, Straczynski's script was tossed aside, so that production, which was to begin at the start of 2009, was delayed while the script was completely re-written by Matthew Michael Carnahan to set the movie in the present, leaving behind much of the premise of the book to make it more of an action film. "

1 year agoby @bane5000Flag

16. Bill Louis

LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!!

1 year agoby @Bill-LouisFlag

17. kingbrady

those were zombies? damn they move f*cking fast....looks good

1 year agoby @kingbradyFlag

18. ollie-styrene

Damn,.. this looks good.. Whats not to like here??

1 year agoby @ollie-styreneFlag

19. moviegeek

Did not expect it to be so epic.

1 year agoby @moviegeekFlag

20. Nicholaus XX

Another picture I'm no longer looking forward to. Sad.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

21. Brandon S. Todd

Brad Pitt. Awesome. Marc Foster not so awesome. Zombie movie. Great. CGI zombies. Not so great.

1 year agoby @brandon-scott-toddFlag

I really want to see the defecting submarine story and the Louisiana (mysterious radio) story. If you've read it, you know what I mean.

There are some very effecting tales in Brooks' novel, more so than what I was expecting. I cant wait to see how this turns out.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

I am sooo happy to see that moment when the zombies are climbing over the ...er....dead zombies.

I love love LOVE this book and couldn't see how it would be filmed without it being an anthology of flashbacks (so to speak). I hope they found a way to tie all the stories together without feeling too disjointed but also keep it faithful t Brooks' brilliant book.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

24. SherlockHolmes2009

Now this is f*cking awesome

1 year agoby @SherlockHolmes2009Flag

Yeah, definitely not looking to be a faithful adaption. If there isn't even a mention of the Battle of Yonkers, there will be hell fire from the novels fans (myself included). I was really hoping they were going the "reporter" route with Pitt, but it looks like that isn't the case here. Some of the CGI looked a bit like I Am Legend, but they have time to sharpen that up. And of course, as @bawnian-dexeus pointed out, this trailer blare is ever present and really annoying.

Now, that being said, this looks kick ass and I can't wait. :P

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

26. supermanvenom

@2movieguys Yep me too. Looks badass

1 year agoby @supermanvenomFlag

27. CelluloidDreams

...Brad Pitt and Zombies.....I'm game!!

1 year agoby @2movieguysFlag

28. cyberrblob

I will see this, although I am pretty sure it is nothing like the book! which is a shame because why use the name?

1 year agoby @cyberrblobFlag

29. Replicant

I don't know anything about the book, but I'll see this just for Brad Pitt and the running zombies.

Seriously, why the f*ck would zombies be slow? Zombies running towards me at full speed? Now that would be scary...

1 year agoby @felipe-11Flag