Underworld: Rise of the Lycans Brings the Battle to DVD and Blu-ray on May 12th
The Underworld series gets the prequel treatment with this third outing that fleshes out the story of the ancient war between the vampiric Death Dealers and their wolfman counterparts, the Lycans. F/X technician Patrick Tatopoulos (Godzilla, Independence Day) steps out of the effects lab and into the director's chair with this entry, which sees stars Bill Nighy returning as Viktor, the King of his vampire clan and father to Sonja (Rhona Mitra), a free-minded heir who tests her parent by heading outside of their castle's borders and doing battle with the ravenous werewolves of the surrounding area. Sonja also harbors a secret love affair with Lucien (Michael Sheen), the first of the Lycans, a race of lycanthropes who were bred by the vampires to be slaves and protectors to the bloodsucking clan. As the news of their love spreads to Viktor, ranks of the vampire elite help Lucien escape, leading to a revolution of the Lycans against their masters and setting up the mythology of the later latexed adventures featured in Len Wiseman's two previous films.
- "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans - From Script to Screen" Featurette
- "The Origin of the Feud" Featurette
- "Re-Creating the Dark Ages - The Look of Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" Featurette
- Music Video: "Deathclub" By William Control
- Filmmakers' Commentary
- cinechat: Send on-screen instant messages to your friends around the world while you watch the movie together! (Blu-ray only)
- Behind the Castle Walls: Picture-in-Picture (Blu-ray only)
- "Lycanthropes Around the World" Interactive Map: Learn about werewolf sightings that span throughout the past five centuries! (Blu-ray only)
- BD-Live: Access Exclusive Content and Downloads! (Blu-ray only)
Sources: Video Business
Do you like this story?
BEST OF THE WEB