Two 'The Lone Ranger' Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes

The cast and crew explain why they had to build their own train tracks in this rousing Western, in theaters today.
Two new featurettes for The Lone Ranger illustrate both the epic scope of this Western, and the people who inhabit it. The first shows us how the crew actually assembled their own train tracks for this big-screen reboot of the iconic Old West hero, with director Gore Verbinski explaining that it was their only option, since all of our country's real train tracks are still in use. The second features actors Armie Hammer (John Reid), Johnny Depp (Tonto), producer Jerry Bruckheimer, William Fitchner (Butch Cavendish), Ruth Wilson (Rebecca Reid) and Helena Bonham Carter (Red Harrington) discussing the vibrant and unique characters as set loose on this dusty landscape.

The Lone Ranger was released July 3rd, 2013 and stars Johnny Depp, Armie Hammer, William Fichtner, Tom Wilkinson, Ruth Wilson, Helena Bonham Carter, James Badge Dale, Bryant Prince. The film is directed by Gore Verbinski.

Sources: Walt Disney Pictures

1. Sean

@mr-k No it wasn't ->http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1210819/releaseinfo

1 year agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

2. Mr.K

@themoviefanatic OH MY GOD! Are you sh*tting me here? The Lone Ranger WAS released in July 3 worldwide and it still didn't help in the box-office.

1 year agoby @mr-kFlag

3. Sean

@corey@john-m@mr-k What they should have done was release The Lone Ranger everywhere worldwide on the same day meaning July 3rd. that would have helped it start off better in the box office.

1 year agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

4. Sean

@john-m Yes, and that's good that it's opening overseas, because then that should help its box office total grow a quite a bit, before its completely taken out of theaters and released on Blu-ray :) .

1 year agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

5. Sean

@mr-k Yeah, At least I will probably get to own it Blu-ray sooner, then it would have been released on Blu-ray if it had succeeded in the box office.

1 year agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

6. John M

@themoviefanatic: Well when it does I am sure it will do well just like I said in my comment.

1 year agoby @john-mFlag

7. Sean

@john-m It hasn't open over seas yet ?

1 year agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

8. Mr.K

@themoviefanatic Dude, it will flop like a bitch in the box-office. Pacific Rim is coming next week and Lone Ranger doesn't stand a chance against Pacific Rim.

1 year agoby @mr-kFlag

9. John M

@themoviefanatic: Sean, The Lone Ranger is a terrible film and is actually on pace for only for around a 5 day $50 million opening, but do not worry I am sure The Lone Ranger will make a lot of money overseas. Depp is beloved overseas and especially in Europe for some reason, and is basically box office bullet proof.

1 year agoby @john-mFlag

10. Sean

@corey I guess we'll get to find out how much it will have made by Sunday or Monday, when the box office results for that weekend come in. So yes, as you said, we'll see.

1 year agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

11. Corey W.

So we'll see.

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

12. Corey W.

@themoviefanatic Notice how it says DM2 will most likely take the fireworks....did you even read the article?

Lone Ranger might not flop hard...but I'll still be right about DM2 winning. Remember you told ME that LONE RANGER would top the box-office and DM2 wouldn't get that much.

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

13. Sean

@corey Corey, It's tracking for a $70 million 5 day opening -> http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-preview-desp*cable-me-578148 . That's about $40 million dollars more then John Carter made on its opening weekend.

1 year agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

14. Corey W.

@themoviefanatic Well it's getting sh*t ratings. Mark my words dude, Desp*cable Me 2 is owning this weekend. I told you this a month ago. And I'll tell you again now just to remind you.

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

15. Sean

@corey I respectfully disagree. I think it will do fairly well at least. I saw it earlier today and it is actually pretty good!

1 year agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

16. Corey W.

@themoviefanatic Worst movie of the year. It's gonna flop so bad...

1 year agoby @coreyFlag