Two 'Marvel's The Avengers' 'Heroes Stand Together' TV Spots

Hulk smashes his way towards $73 million in overseas box office grosses, while Kevin Feige talks 'Iron Man 3''s ties to 'The Avengers'.
While Marvel's The Avengers is still more than six long days from being released in the U.S., it has already accumulated a strong $73 million in box office grosses worldwide after being released this past Wednesday to high praise from critics and fans alike in various other parts of the world. And now its looking like the film to beat this summer. It delivers on all levels, which is evident in two new TV spots leading up to this Friday's release. Check them out along with three new photos, and then read on for Marvel President Kevin Feige's comments on how Marvel's The Avengers leads directly into Iron Man 3.

Marvel's The Avengers Photo #1
Marvel's The Avengers Photo #2
Marvel's The Avengers Photo #3

Kevin Feige recently spoke to Empire, revealing how Marvel's The Avengers is set to lead directly into Iron Man 3.

"Iron Man 3 has been structured specifically to be the antidote to Marvel's The Avengers...Circumstances in the story separate Tony (Robert Downey Jr.) from having access to anything.

We wanted to take Tony back to, metaphorically speaking, the cave from Iron Man, the first half of Iron Man, when he's cut off from the world and needs just focus on his intellects to get himself out of his situation.

So he's not calling Thor, he's not calling Captain America, he can't press a special button to have the helicarrier come rescue him, so I think that'll be a nice complement to the team up of Avengers."

Here's how Marvel's The Avengers overseas box office breaks down.

• Australia - $11.1M
  • UK - $9.4M
  • France - $6.8M
  • Italy - $5.8M
  • Mexico - $4.7M
  • Korea - $4.5M
  • Taiwan - $3.6M
  • Germany - $3.4M
  • Philippines - $3.4M
  • Brazil - $2.8M
  • HK - $1.8M
  • Spain - $1.7M
  • Other - $14.1M
  • Total - $73.1M

How do you think its going to do in America? Biggest box office weekend of all time?

Marvel's The Avengers was released May 4th, 2012 and stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston, Clark Gregg. The film is directed by Joss Whedon.

Sources: Walt Disney Pictures, Empire Online

1. AYLAGA5

@superman81: wise words my man, I agree with you 150% .Can wait for July 19!!!! TDKR will be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY!!!

2 years agoby @aylagas55Flag

2. Junior Roberts

@superman81 TDKR is not more hyped than TDK for one simple matter. Heith Ledger. His death and AMAZING performance had a large part in making that movie the financial Summer blockbuster that it was.

I've been hearing that Avengers is the best comicbook movie also but in a different manner. The friends of mine who have seen it state that it IS better than TDK because its truer to the essence of the comicbook than Batman was. The powers, the technology, the magic, the aliens. All those aspects from the comicbook are in the film in a spectacular way. In respect to TDK (which in my mind is Top 3 comicbook movie ever), they rightfully stated its not the true essence Batman because of its focus to be realistic, such as Nolan's decision to never feature Mr. Freeze, Man-Bat, or another character like that because its not realistic, which I agree with his choice.

SO in terms of comicbooks, which as realistic as they can be, still feature unrealistic aspects (mutants, powers, Gods, etc), The Avengers have been deemed the best of that form of comicbook adapted movie.

2 years agoby @junior-robertsFlag

3. Accessjam

WHEN THE MOVIE STARTS AND U ARE WATCHING IT U START TO BRAINSTORM ALL THE THINGS U THINK U DON'T LIKE UNTIL IT HAPPENS...AN SUDDENLY U FORGET WHAT U WERE THINKING THAT WAS WRONG IN THE MOVIE BECAUSE THAT ONE SCENE MADE IT ALL WORTH IT.... THAT WAS ME IN THE AVENGERS..... AND THAT HOW AWESOME IT IS DON'T JUGED IT UNTIL U SEE IT

2 years agoby @accessjamFlag

4. Accessjam

JUST SAW THE MOVIE THIS WEEKEND AN LET ME TELL U IT IS F*CKING MASSIVE EMOCION OF AWESOMENES..... IT WILL NOT DISSAPOINT FANS.. EVERY CHARACTER IS WELL PUT IN THE MOVIE.., NOW TO THE WHOLE DEBATE OF AVENGERS VS TDKR IT WILL BE HARD TO PREDICT BECAUSE THE AVENGERS IS ALMOST FLAWLESS THAT WILL ATRACT MORE MOVIEGOERS DUE TO PEOPLE TAKING THAT IT IS ACTULLY REALLY GOOD, TDKR WILL ALSO DO MASSIVE BUT UNTIL IT COMES OUT THERES NO TELLING WHO WILL DO BETTER

2 years agoby @accessjamFlag

5. Superman81

@aylagas55 oh I totally agree that RDJ is going to make the movie. in my opinion he is the best cast of all the Marvel characters. But how many of these actors will win an Oscar? That's why TDK will always be better. because Ledger brought it and Nolan turned it up. the Avengers will no doubt break records but its a glorified special effects movie. come July TDKR will be the movie of the summer.

2 years agoby @superman81Flag

6. AYLAGA5

the movie was awesome, just saw it last night.. it gets really close to TDK cuz of RDJ who is an awesome Iron Man/tony stark, without him the movie would be pointless. Now i still got my hopes up that TDKR would top the avengers

2 years agoby @aylagas55Flag

7. Joshua Hollaway

@superman81 Your delusional, this movie will crush TDK. Batman vs Avengers.. hmm, no contest.

2 years agoby @Joshua-HollawayFlag

8. Superman81

saying that this movie is THE BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME is reaching. I am sure the movie will be very good but I doubt it will be or is the best movie of all time. As far as comic book movies go I doubt it will top TDK. It might beat it money wise or record wise in som areas but TDK will be hard to beat and its up there in my top 5 of all time. TDKR is even more hyped than TDK was and loads of people will be going to see Avengers just to hopefully get a glimpse of the new TDKR trailer. to me TDK is the movie to beat and if any movie does it, then it will be TDKR not the Avengers

2 years agoby @superman81Flag

9. Sean

@psychobilly13 I'd wait for the Blu-ray and Dvd release to come out, considering that it'll be out on Dvd and Blu-ray about 4 to 5 months after it's theatrical release.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

10. psychobilly13

Just bought my copy a few hours ago and it was enjoyable. Still gonna watch it in theaters though.

2 years agoby @psychobilly13Flag

11. Sean

@ghostman Well i just said what i said, because you said less then 5 days, but its actually still 5 days until its released considering Sunday isn't over yet.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

12. Ghostman

@themoviefanatic I know that, you don't need to tell me again :P

2 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

13. Sean

@ghostman No, today it's 5 days until it's released. We stil have Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday to go through to get to the theatrical release of the Avengers.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

14. Ghostman

@themoviefanatic Yeah you're right I was wrong. That what happens when you stay up late haha. So we are less than 5 days....

2 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

15. Joshua Hollaway

@cupid Lol its funny because my dad is super hyped, and I was like " see if you can get that weekend off." His reply was " It's just a movie son." Well i took the day off, and I guess I'll go see it with moms, his loss.

2 years agoby @Joshua-HollawayFlag

16. moviemouse

im glad i didnt watch any of the tv spots before the movie they show to much

2 years agoby @moviemouseFlag

17. Sean

@cupid I have not tried to figure that out. As i have said before, that would be crazy to try and figure out.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

18. Photoman

People who not yet seen this movie : Go for the 2D ! The 3D is kinda useless and makes it a little difficult to watch . Anyway the movie is a massive awesomeness !

2 years agoby @photomanFlag

19. Cartman

@cupid - it got released on the 27th Friday. I took a days off from my work and saw the 1st day 1st show at 11am and then again 7pm show... Im glad that i did it, I enjoyed every sec of the movie!!

2 years agoby @c-a-r-t-m-a-nFlag

20. CUPID

@themoviefanatic Crazy...and i'm sure your trying to figure it out at this very moment, so what did you come up with?

2 years agoby @cupidFlag

21. Sean

@cupid That would be crazy to try and figure out.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

22. CUPID

@themoviefanatic How about in seconds until its released?

2 years agoby @cupidFlag

23. Sean

@ghostman There's today which is now Sunday (considering it's now past midnight for people in eastern standard time), there is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and then lastly, Friday. That's 5 days, so 5 days until it is released to theaters.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

24. CUPID

@ghostman I might as well see it on the weekend, problem solved.

2 years agoby @cupidFlag

25. Ghostman

@cupid Depends on what your job is. I work at a fast-food restaurant, I was told that I can see the midnight show but that still means i have to show up for work that day. so without taking the risk of sleeping in and not getting up early i decided to see it after work with a friend.

2 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

26. CUPID

@ghostman I know what he meant, but a movie isn't worth your job, not like i cant get a day off, i could if i wanted but at the end its just a movie.....wait wtf i'm i saying "just a movie" its the avengers i take that back.

2 years agoby @cupidFlag

27. Cartman

@ghostman - Thanks and thats what i meant!!!

2 years agoby @c-a-r-t-m-a-nFlag

28. Ghostman

@themoviefanatic It's still 6 days if you don't count today. Avengers comes out on the 4th, not the 3rd.

2 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

29. Ghostman

@cupid what @c-a-r-t-m-a-n is trying to say is take a day off from work to see Avengers since it's freaking worth from what everyone who has seen this movie have been saying.

2 years agoby @ghostmanFlag