'Twilight' Sequel 'New Moon' Officially Announced

Summit Entertainment unveils 'Twilight''s franchise plans.
Twilight 2 New Moon
Twilight 2 New Moon
Summit Entertainment announced today that the studio is officially moving forward with the production of New Moon, the second installment of its filmed franchise Twilight, the action-packed, modern day vampire love story. The movie will be based on the second novel in author Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series titled, New Moon. The first movie in the Twilight franchise, the self-titled Twilight, arrived in theaters this weekend to sold-out showings.

Stephenie Meyer stated, "I don't think any other author has had a more positive experience with the makers of her movie adaptation than I have had with Summit Entertainment. I'm thrilled to have the chance to work with them again on New Moon."

Starring Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, Twilight tells the story of 17-year-old Bella Swan who moves to the small town of Forks, Washington to live with her father, and becomes drawn to Edward Cullen, a pale, mysterious classmate who seems determined to push her away. But neither can deny the attraction that pulls them together...even when Edward confides that he and his family are vampires. Their unorthodox romance puts her in physical danger when Edward's nemesis comes to town and sets his sights on Bella.

The Twilight Saga: New Moon was released November 20th, 2009 and stars Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner, Robert Pattinson, Billy Burke, Ashley Greene, Anna Kendrick, Christian Serratos, Michael Welch. The film is directed by Chris Weitz.

Twilight was released November 21st, 2008 and stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Billy Burke, Peter Facinelli, Elizabeth Reaser, Cam Gigandet, Ashley Greene, Christian Serratos. The film is directed by Catherine Hardwicke.

1. Alyce (Uh-Lease)

Suprise suprise....like we all coundnt see that one comin

5 years agoby @alyceepoohFlag

2. -comrade-

No, Great news would be if they decided to merge the two of the movies and delete a bunch of characters. That'd piss some people off.

5 years agoby @taberjohnson18Flag

3. Shadow Of The Day

Great news.

5 years agoby @asifFlag

4. CelluloidDreams

Of course a "Twilight Sequel New Moon Officially Announced"....."Twilight" made money, so as long as the films & books make mnoney, Hollywood will turn every book into a film..."Twilight" is a cash cow!!

Bad or good it made money!

I read the 1st book, well I tried..I made it through the 1st 2 chapters and gave up it was just to silly for me!

"Twilight" remined me of a Re-Working of "Lost Boys"!

After I saw 1 film on Fri. (11/19/08) W./a friend, we ducked into a shwoing of "Twilight" (Yes, we sneaked in!)...I stayed for about na hour and left..."twilight" was just to silly and unbelievable...

I'm more of a Harry Potter fan...the reason Harry Potter was moved was to make way for the "Twilight" phenomenon!!

Give me 'True Blood' on Showtime for my vampire fix..or even better yet 'Dark Shadows'!

5 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

5. Oli

Twilight sucks, in my opinion. The books are average, and the movie was mediocre, etc. Harry Potter, why did you have to move to next summer?!?

5 years agoby @reviloleeFlag

6. -comrade-

Look how pissed and brooding Pattinson is in that picture. He's so cool, and rebellious, and not a sellout.

5 years agoby @taberjohnson18Flag

7. Drewski37

ya sure it hasn't been said yet..but how do you know for sure? things change...they could have left harry potter and it still would have brought in just as much money, iam sure it still will....

5 years agoby @drewski37Flag

8. MovieBuff

Nothing new... just made it "official".

5 years agoby @moviebuff123Flag

9. propertyofcaleb

im a guy and i read all the books. loved em. i saw the movie and thought it was perfect and went with the book 98% of the time. of course there was the whole Carlisle history that wasnt in there that i would have liked to see but other than that minor thing this movie was superb. i saw it twice on the same day. and what i have to say is people who havent read the book and want to see the movie should read the book first because then they'd get more out fo the movie experience.

5 years agoby @propertyofcalebFlag

10. T.Clark

Drewski, no where in any thread does it say "new moon will replace the wolfman" Where'd ya pull that one outta? Stop saying it

5 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

11. J.A.Ottley.Writer / Director

This is to Zombie, the sequel to Twilight was announced about 3 months ago as going into pre-production, so before the movie was even released they knew the film would be an instant hit, the studios never speculated that, they knew it.
    Summit Entertainment announced New Moon going into Pre-Production in the end of July, they aim to release one every year, so hopefully this bull will fade away in 4yrs time.

I've read the book and it was average on retelling the Vampire mythology, but i hated sparkling vampires, it juss seemed tooo i don't know 'lovey dovey.'
    The book was average young adult fiction novel, but to read the masters at work read Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles or Laurel K Hamilton's Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series.
    OR WATCH TRUE BLOOD

5 years agoby @chronicFlag

12. Drewski37

Ya here we go, the second movie will be the reason the wolf man movie which looks like a masterpeice is pushed back...because some dumb-ass suit listening to his little whiney-ass pubescent daughter crying because she has to see the book turned into a movie.....f*ing PUKE!

5 years agoby @drewski37Flag

13. T.Clark

Just because you love the book doesn't mean the movie will be good. Bad acting, bad directing, and bad FX=bad movie. I haven't seen it, but I've noticed that most people who read the book hated the movie and people who didn't read the book actually liked the movie, so that means it's just a bad interpretation of the book

5 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

14. MissMandy37

i love all your negative opinions..-sarcasm
    the books were great i loveee them, yeah we all know the movies are different from the book but whatever.

ive been waiting for this movie since i herd there was going to be one. im all for the movie! yeah i was kinda upset that they added and deleted stuff but they did there best to satisfy us twiligters!

5 years agoby @missmandy37Flag

15. MissMandy37

i love all your negative opinions..-sarcasm

5 years agoby @missmandy37Flag

16. MissMandy37

i love all your negative opinions..-sarcasm

5 years agoby @missmandy37Flag

17. MissMandy37

i love all your negative opinions..-sarcasm

5 years agoby @missmandy37Flag

18. CelluloidDreams

I found the 1st book just boring ...never read the rest of the books in the series....Sorry give me Harry Potter any day!!!

5 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

19. Structure (ONSTRA)

pretty sure it was vampire. I actually can't wait to gat to a theater to watch it. I read the book which makes me wait more.

5 years agoby @gaj1992Flag

20. ALor2

TWILIGHT SUX!!!

5 years agoby @champ2Flag

21. ALor2

TWILIGHT SUX!!!

5 years agoby @champ2Flag

22. Vamp

Awesome, but I already knew this was gonna happen. "Twilight" was an awesome movie. Just got back, in fact.

5 years agoby @vampire2000Flag

23. Orionbolt

Yay Nice avatar pic The Cryptkeeper. At least there is something good on this page.

5 years agoby @orionboltFlag

24. sakai23

..sure. we all knew it would happen. bite our tounges we will though when we see it.

5 years agoby @sakai23Flag

25. The Cryptkeeper

I guess I shouldn't be talking, because I haven't seen the first yet. But it looks terrible, and I'm sure this will be just as good or bad as the first. Guessing bad, but I son't know.

5 years agoby @americanpsychoFlag

26. WiseGuy

Damn.
    i knew this would happen no suprise here but common this movie wasnt really that good was it?
    cause it looks like horse sh*t to me.

5 years agoby @zgcorleone072Flag

27. Structure (ONSTRA)

hahahahaaa, the boywonderyears, you're funny even if I don't agree with you but that's funny.

5 years agoby @gaj1992Flag

28. The Boy WonderYears

Damn it! That means there's more posters of this kid doing the Blue Steel face. Maybe by the time the sequel comes out Magnum will be ready.

5 years agoby @theboywonderyearsFlag

29. Zombie

You guys are so smart, how did you ever figure it out? Actually, this is news, because before this, a sequel was just retarded fan speculation, which you've displayed here. This is official word from the studio...morons.

5 years agoby @zombieFlag

30. Molemanjoop

Somebody please KILL me now !!

5 years agoby @molemanjupeFlag