'Trailer Park Boys 2' Returns Bubbles, Julian, and Ricky to the Big Screen

The film is currently shooting in Halifax for an October of 2009 release date.
Great news for all of you Trailer Park Boys fans out there. Mike Smith, who plays the iconic shed dwelling Bubbles, told Toronto’s Now magazine that they are currently shooting a sequel to Trailer Park Boys: The Movie, an off-shoot of the popular Canadian TV series, and it will be hitting the U.S. and Canada in October of 2009.

The gang is currently in Halifax shooting the comedy, which will wrap on October 10th. The entire gang is returning for another go around with Ricky, Julian, Bubbles, Mr. Lahey, and Randy all involved in another greasy cheeseburger scheme. The plot finds our trio of trailer park misfits being released from jail only to find that their beloved home, the Sunnyvale Trailer Park, has been taken over by a meaner, leaner park supervisor. This new Jim Lahey has some big changes in mind for the park, changes that don’t exactly go over well with the Boys, who will now face their biggest test since Grade 10.

Original series director Mike Clattenburg co-wrote the new screenplay with Trailer Park Boys: The Movie actors John Paul 'Julian' Tremblay, Robb 'Ricky' Wells and Mike 'Bubbles' Smith. Clattenburg will co-produce the film with Barrie Dunn and Michael Volpe. There was no word of original film producer Ivan Reitman’s involvement.

Trailer Park Boys: The Movie was released January 25th, 2008 and stars Robb Wells, John Paul Tremblay, Mike Smith, Lucy Decoutere, Lydia Lawson-Baird, Cory Bowles, Michael Jackson, Gord Downie. The film is directed by Mike Clattenburg.

1. monreal915

i hope they make at least one more season im from chicago and only found out about the show by renting the movie then i bought all 7 seasons i cant get enough of these guys

6 years agoby @monreal915Flag

2. Space101

On wikipedia, it states that they will make another last season but with this information, I'm not sure anymore...

6 years agoby @space101Flag

3. monreal915

any word on another season

6 years agoby @monreal915Flag

4. Space101

Nice! I got a couple of my friends who actually seen the park that they filmed in. I dunno which one since they changed parks a couple of times but it was pretty kool. The suppose to make a final season as well so I dont know how it's gonna play out with the movie coming out and stuff.

There's also a TPB Christmas special out too. It's a bit old school but the whole gang is there....should check it out...

6 years agoby @space101Flag

5. lozza1978

Hey Space,

I first see TPB on Paramount comedy channel(I think). I instantly loved it and watched it every single night it was on!. Here in UK, the whole 7 series and movie are now available, needless to say I invested in the 1-6 boxset, the movie and the single series 7 DVD. I would regard myself as a dedicated international fan of TPB for sure!.

6 years agoby @lozza1978Flag

6. Space101

Ya TPB is a Showcase original show. But I believe it had started to play on another station...gonna have to do some researche on that one and if it's a US station as well.
    Some of my friends from the Maritime had actually met Julian (in character) and he had his rhum n coke glass. Funny sh*t.

Lozza, I'm glad that you discovered TPB all the way in the UK. Does it play on tv or did you download them? Hope your enjoying them as well as all the fans. I'm originally from the Maritimes so I'm glad I have this show to represent!

6 years agoby @space101Flag

7. lozza1978

Just made my day!! I am a die hard UK trailer park boys fan. It's a shame that the show is not really promoted over here in UK. I am thinking of starting TPB UK website in an effort to drum up some positive support and exposure to this great Canadian comedy gem! and also to get a UK terestrial(not satellite) tv channel to start showing TPB to show the British just what they are missing out on!. Anyone interested in joining me to start work on a UK TPB website? If so please email me at laurence_b@btinternet.com

6 years agoby @lozza1978Flag

8. Err

no, we dont.
    i have one of the seasons on my computer, and the little showcase logo appears in the bottom of the screen, is the only reason i even know what it is.

6 years agoby @err2005Flag

9. Space101

It also plays on Showcase...I don't know if you guys get that in the states...

6 years agoby @space101Flag

10. Err

what a great show.
    i'll be looking forward to this.

anyone who wants to watch the original series you can find all the episodes linked-to at www.alluc.com

6 years agoby @err2005Flag

11. Space101

SAAAAWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEETTTT! I heard that they were doing another movie but I didn't think it was so soon. But they were also suppose to make there final season too. If not, a sh*t storm is gonna be coming!

Canada represent!

6 years agoby @space101Flag

12. Raoul Duke

6 years agoby @raoulduke33Flag

13. tremendoustroy67

I loved the first movie..The Big Dirty.I hope the 2nd is just as funny

6 years agoby @tremendoustroy67Flag

14. DarkTower19

Grade 10...gotta love it. Go Canada!

6 years agoby @darktower19Flag