Tom Hanks Is an Older Walt Disney in 'Saving Mr. Banks' Photos

Jason Shartzman and B.J. Novak are song-writing duo Richard and Robert Sherman in this true life tale of 'Mary Poppins'' journey to the big screen.
Tom Hanks is seen as an aging Walt Disney in the latest set of stills from Saving Mr. Banks, which recounts the Disney founder's long quest to bring the family musical Mary Poppins to the big screen. Here, we see that Walt has been after P.L. Travers (Emma Thompson) for quite sometime. We also get another look at the supporting cast of Jason Schwartzman and B.J. Novak playing song-writing brothers Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman as they create the classic tune 'Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' at their piano.

Saving Mr. Banks Photo 1
Saving Mr. Banks Photo 2

Saving Mr. Banks was released December 13th, 2013 and stars Emma Thompson, Tom Hanks, Annie Rose Buckley, Colin Farrell, Ruth Wilson, Paul Giamatti, Bradley Whitford, B.J. Novak. The film is directed by John Lee Hancock.

1. CelluloidDreams

Oscar!

7 months agoby @2movieguysFlag

2. undeadslayer4

@gumperman seen forrest gump, cloud atls, and cast away all great movies

9 months agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

3. Xenon

@gumperman he's done other TV series. He Knows You're Alone is his first film, personally I need to catch up. he's one of the few that would keep anyone watching, unless they are not a fan.

9 months agoby @xenon56Flag

4. gumperman

@xenon56 I need to watch all of Bosom Buddies! I have seen a few episodes when I was a kid, but the entire series would be cool. I love You've Got Mail & Sleepless in Seattle! I consider those, along with JVTV of course, the Tom Hanks & Meg Ryan trilogy. I have never seen He Knows You're Alone, but I'm sure my sister owns it. She is a Tom Hanks fanatic! I love all the Spielberg directed Hanks films too! Saving Private Ryan, Catch Me If You Can & The Terminal are wonderful films! Cheers!

9 months agoby @gumpermanFlag

5. Xenon

@gumperman I haven't seen Cast Away, The last film I saw of Hanks was The Da Vinci Code.
    Seen all of his early films - his TV series Bosom Buddies.
    Enjoyed He Knows You're Alone to You've Got Mail. I haven't seen a lot of his films lately but I do have Catch Me If You Can. And a few other films. I thought Saving Private Ryan was a great film.

9 months agoby @xenon56Flag

6. gumperman

@xenon56 I once thought everyone loved Hanks and that no one thought negative of him, until I worked at a movie theater years ago and a guy I worked with said he couldn't stand him. It was the first time I ever heard anyone bad mouth Tom Hanks and it blew me away. I couldn't understand how anyone would not like Tom Hanks, but to each their own I guess?

9 months agoby @gumpermanFlag

7. gumperman

@undeadslayer4 You got to see Joe Versus the Volcano! I agree with you too, that Forrest Gump & Cloud Atlas are a must see! I also love Splash, Big & Cast Away, to name a few.

9 months agoby @gumpermanFlag

8. gumperman

@xenon56 Me too. A lot of my friends love it, and think that's somehow why we became friends, but others out there are still unaware of it.

9 months agoby @gumpermanFlag

9. undeadslayer4

@xenon56 there was this rumor that his was doing some kind of belief

9 months agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

10. Xenon

@undeadslayer4 all of us are insane, some more than others but take a look at the ever growing actor base. Most of us are insane or weird.

9 months agoby @xenon56Flag

11. undeadslayer4

@xenon56 for some reason lots of people are saying he's weird like he insulted a celeb and started doing these crazy in interviews

9 months agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

12. Xenon

@undeadslayer4 I'm a big fan of Hanks and Cruise, I do realize some people don't like Cruise, one of the people I work for doesn't like him.

9 months agoby @xenon56Flag

13. undeadslayer4

@xenon56 and if i were u should watch atlas right now

9 months agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

14. undeadslayer4

@xenon56 i totally agree with u he should've said tom cruise

9 months agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

15. Xenon

@undeadslayer4 Loved Forest Gump thou I have to admit I haven't seen Cloud Atlas yet. A certain person said to me 'Hanks is a talentless hack'. I was hurt by the words and I refuse to speak to him.

9 months agoby @xenon56Flag

16. undeadslayer4

@gumperman how come i never heard of it

9 months agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

17. undeadslayer4

@xenon56 dont forget forrest gump and cloud atlas

9 months agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

18. Xenon

@gumperman very few people do like it a lot, I've encountered others that regard it like us.

9 months agoby @xenon56Flag

19. gumperman

@xenon56 I'm glad you mentioned Joe Versus The Volcano! It's my favorite Tom Hanks film and it doesn't get mentioned a lot. Though when it does get mentioned, it's usually negative because not everyone gets it. It's very rare when someone will mention it and love it like I do. :)

9 months agoby @gumpermanFlag

What gave it away?

9 months agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

21. Xenon

I'll watch any of Tom's films, been a fan for a long time, since Joe VS the Vocano.

9 months agoby @xenon56Flag

22. thedude-abides

Will certainly be a frontrunner come awards season. Looks great.

9 months agoby @thedude-abidesFlag