'Thor: The Dark World' Set Photos Reveal The Army of Dark Elves

Chris Hemsworth and Christopher Eccleston's Malekith the Accursed are also featured in these shots from director Alan Taylor's sequel.
As production continues on Thor: The Dark World in London, we have more photos from the set, offering our first look at the villainous Dark Elves. We reported in August that Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith the Accursed, who leads his Dark Elves of Svartalfheim into battle against the mighty Asgardian played by Chris Hemsworth. It seems that Malekith and these elves pack quite a punch, since a few of these shots feature a bloodied Chris Hemsworth. Check out these villainous elves and Malekith the Accursed in action on the London set of director Alan Taylor's superhero adventure.

By request, these photos have been removed.

Thor: The Dark World was released November 8th, 2013 and stars Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Hopkins, Christopher Eccleston, Jaimie Alexander, Zachary Levi, Ray Stevenson. The film is directed by Alan Taylor.

So happy that Eccleston is playingMalekith the Accursed, hes perfect for that role.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

Not gonna lie, I expected them to look blue with blond hair

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

3. ROFLitschristian

I hate their look, but I also really like it. I'M SO CONFUSED!

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

Sure, @bawnian-dexeus. If they're going the "Ultimate Hawkeye" route, mere hunting shades would suffice. They did go the "Ultimate Thor" direction, after all. I just hate the fact that the helmet for Thor was so well received (which was a big thing coming from fanboys) and they still refused to even show it in The Avengers. Tsk.

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

5. Josh

@bane5000 Wait. Wikipedia already has her listed as Janet Van Dyne (though IMDB does not). If that's true, she looks perfect for the part, and it's awesome as balls that they're bringing the character in.

1 year agoby @shuabertFlag

6. Josh

Looks badass. I love the design of the elves, with the creepy masks.

1 year agoby @shuabertFlag

7. SpaceCowboy

GO! GO! POWER RANGERS! (silly putties)

1 year agoby @SpaceCowboyFlag

8. Sally Ann Price

Those are great photos of Christopher Eccleston. That is a great costume. I think he is such a great actor. Handsome guy.

1 year agoby @Sally-Ann-PriceFlag

9. Julián Dylan

No worry my friends... CGI will come to rescue!!

1 year agoby @Julin-DylanFlag

10. Ghostman

@bawnian-dexeus That must make him a "demi-god" then lol.

Anyone else notice the black marker dots on Christopher Eccleston's face? Must be mo-cap for them to add in CGI face touch up.

1 year agoby @ghostmanFlag

@narrator For Hawkeye, I say just give him some sunglasses

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

I'm liking the Dark Elves outfits... is it me, or do they look a bit short, though?

I'm definitely liking the slight changes to Thor's outfit, but wear the goddamn helmet already! It was designed to be worn for longer than two minutes in some ceremony scene! I'm tired of actors and studio execs trying to sell their films based off of their lead's constant facial appearance in the film. We KNOW who they are underneath it all, so let them wear their damn helmets already (Iron Man, Hawkeye, Thor)!

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

13. Bane5000

AVENGERS 2 NEWS:

Some more interesting tweets from the infamous Roger Wardell....

1. Inside News: When Stephanie Szostak's role is for Iron Man 3 is announced, fans will go crazy.

2. The Avengers was about assembling to save the world, but in Avengers 2 the team will be assembling to save themselves.

1 year agoby @bane5000Flag

14. Bane5000

That pic of Malekith reminds of that song Mr Burns sang on The Simpsons " See my vest, see my vest, made from real gorilla chest " :]

1 year agoby @bane5000Flag