'The World's End' Set Photos with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost

The actors join director Edgar Wright in shooting scenes of their early days attempting this legendary pub-crawl.
The infamously British Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy comes to its inevitable conclusion with The World's End, which finds actors Simon Pegg and Nick Frost reuniting on-screen once again for director Edgar Wright. Their previous ventures together include Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and the TV series Spaced. Now, the trio will attempt to complete an epic pub crawl, which finds a group of childhood friends reuniting to finally make it to the renowned watering hole known as The World's End. Halfway through their quest; they realize that something sinister is lurking about, bound and determined to destroy planet earth! We have your first look at the set, which finds Simon Pegg and Nick Frost watching on as Edgar Wright directs the first pub-crawl from (flash)back in the day. The names of the young actors have not been revealed, but the chubby teen is playing a younger Nick Frost, while the black trench coat wearing Goth kid is playing a young Simon Pegg. If you've ever wondered what became of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial's Gertie (Drew Barrymore), check out Nick's T-shirt. Apparently she's in Arizona running a sandwich shop in what is one of the gang's many nods to their own pop culture past.

The World's End Set Photo 1
The World's End Set Photo 2
The World's End Set Photo 3
The World's End Set Photo 4

The World's End was released August 23rd, 2013 and stars Thomas Law, Zachary Bailess, Jasper Levine, James Tarpey, Luke Bromley, Sophie Evans, Samantha White, Rose Reynolds. The film is directed by Edgar Wright.

Sources: Screencrush

1. THE JOKER

@redcameraman haha with what exactly? I do have quite a few posts! Like always... XD

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

2. T. King (Red Camera Man)

@mcleve02: Glad I'm not alone.

2 years agoby @redcameramanFlag

3. THE JOKER

@zanyzap haha it is bipolar at it's best!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

4. ZanyZap

@mcleve02 I was joking (sadly, not many people know of the trilogy), but your mediation skills are delightful. Perhaps you should apply for a job in the West Wing.

2 years agoby @zanyzapFlag

5. ruforeel

I love this comedy ensemble, they are a great example of British humor.

2 years agoby @ruforeelFlag

6. THE JOKER

@crypt@zanyzap Is this a real fight or joking around...
    joking comment: haha

Fighting and serious: I think if we are on a movie site, not liking those films does not force you to leave this site... He didn't come on here and pretend like he knew everything, and yet really knows nothing... At least he had the balls to admit he did not know that those two piles of sh*t that have nothing to do with each other are in fact a trilogy... There are a lot of films out there that are better than these piles of garbage...
    Unabomber... no we do not hate you... stay as long as you would like!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

7. THE JOKER

@redcameraman I am with you on this one. There were a couple of moments in them that made me smile, not laugh... Not a fan of these films or their work...

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

8. Ahraman

@redcameraman I absolutely loved Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and Scott Pilgim! They not only made me laugh but I thought they were beautifully shot/edited. Just different tastes I guess. That's not to say I don't enjoy more conventional comedies, but Edgar Wright's style is very unique and i dig that.

2 years agoby @ahramanFlag

9. The Cryptkeeper: Resurrected

@zanyzap Um what's got you today? I have seen Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead, but seeing as though they're not related to each other I had no idea they were part of a trilogy. F*ck off and die... JK... Maybe.

2 years agoby @cryptFlag

10. ZanyZap

@crypt Please educate yourself about these things. If you don't know about hilarious trilogies featuring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, then you have no purpose here on this site. Leave. We hate you. You're awful.

JK. (Maybe).

2 years agoby @zanyzapFlag

11. T. King (Red Camera Man)

@Agent-Cooper: That's fine. But I also forgot to say that I saw "Scott Pilgrim" too, and that's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Such a f*cking abomination of a film and to human society. It's just the main attraction for Nintendo video game nerds and stoned hipsters, and so many fanboys praising that movie is making me hate it even more...AND Edgar Wright because it's his worst film yet to date. SO glad I've seen WAY funnier stuff than that overhyped garbage.

2 years agoby @redcameramanFlag

12. Agent-Cooper

@redcameraman Fair enough. Just a matter of taste I guess ;)

2 years agoby @Agent-CooperFlag

13. SpaceCowboy

It's PAUL without Paul.

2 years agoby @SpaceCowboyFlag

14. The Cryptkeeper: Resurrected

@jayaottley Hm really? Weird, but ok! Haha I liked both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, so cool

2 years agoby @cryptFlag

Looking forward to this.

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

16. Jay.A.Ottley

@crypt The previous 2 films were Shaun Of The Dead & Hot Fuzz, in which all three Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg & Nick Frost were involved in making.

The ideal of the 'Cornetto trilogy' is that in each of the films one or both main characters eat a Cornetto, which is reference to 'The Three Colours Trilogy' by Krzysztof Kielowski'

2 years agoby @jayaottleyFlag

17. Jay.A.Ottley

@narrator I;m very much looking forward to it, since i've been on the set and also the title of the film is named after my local pub 'The World's End' In Camden.

2 years agoby @jayaottleyFlag

18. The Cryptkeeper: Resurrected

@jayaottley Ok... hahaha do you know what the previous 2 films are in the "trilogy" then?

2 years agoby @cryptFlag

I'm looking forward to this. Wright is talented, despite being hit-and-miss with me, and I like Frost and LOVE Pegg. The younger version of Pegg seems inaccurate though.

2 years agoby @narratorFlag

20. Jay.A.Ottley

@crypt No idea, as far as I'm concerned it's called 'The Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy.'

So i'm guessing its just an inaccuracy on behalf of the @balanorange

2 years agoby @jayaottleyFlag

21. The Cryptkeeper: Resurrected

"British Blood and Ice Cream trilogy".... What does that mean?

2 years agoby @cryptFlag

22. T. King (Red Camera Man)

@Agent-Cooper: I've seen both those movies and I did NOT like them at all. There are WAY more funnier movies/TV shows out there than those 2 films, and I don't like Edgar Wright's work either, although I do like Simon Pegg.

2 years agoby @redcameramanFlag

23. Agent-Cooper

@redcameraman Don't know how that is possible. At least if you have seen Shaun of The Dead and Hot Fuzz. Some of the best comedies in recent years.

2 years agoby @Agent-CooperFlag

24. T. King (Red Camera Man)

Have no interest in this movie at ALL.

2 years agoby @redcameramanFlag