'The Wolverine' First Look Photo of Hugh Jackman!

James Mangold directs the chiseled actor in this continuation of 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' that takes the mutant's story to Japan.
Production has been under way on The Wolverine for the past few months, and we have already seen a number of different set photos featuring star Hugh Jackman. Today, 20th Century Fox unveiled the first official photo of the actor, through the movie's official Twitter account. Take a look at the actor showing off his adamantium claws and his chiseled physique.

The Wolverine First Look Photo

The Wolverine was released July 26th, 2013 and stars Hugh Jackman, Tao Okamoto, Rila Fukushima, Hiroyuki Sanada, Svetlana Khodchenkova, Brian Tee, Hal Yamanouchi, Will Yun Lee. The film is directed by James Mangold.

Sources: 20th Century Fox

1. ruforeel

That must have been one helluva chisel. I'm trying "P90X" I hope I look that good in 90 days. If not, I'll just get out the old photoshop software and have that look in minutes.

2 years agoby @ruforeelFlag

2. THE JOKER

@moviemouse obviously a rough sketch, but if the outfit could be all black like that with a samurai influence, it could be cool!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

3. moviemouse

@Number1Wolverine cool find! though i dont think it would suit the tone this movie seems to be taking

2 years agoby @moviemouseFlag

4. THE JOKER

@Number1Wolverine Well being the Batman nerd that I am you should know I love Frank Miller! haha But to each his own... Joeb is one I really like... Hush is absolutely brilliant!!! But yeah, I did battle the monkey and win... I am quite the... interesting one... sometimes I'm filled with profanity, sometimes I am a fanboy, other times I am intelligent... It's fun when I can do all three!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

5. BERSERKER

@mcleve02 - Thank you, I saw you get into a fan boy knowledge battle with I believe it was Iron Monkey, so I figured you would appreciate it. I'm with you, I don't know what we see in this movie until we get a teaser trailer, because truth be told I only remember about 50% of the story. I haven't read it in a while, and I'm not that big of a fan of Frank Miller, he's really a hit or miss type artist to me.

2 years agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

6. THE JOKER

@Number1Wolverine haha well played with the Mr. J! Oh Harley... anywho, yeah I think that is exactly what they need to do... I mean it's hard to tell what exactly is going on with him being in Japan and whether he is a prisoner or what! Of course, if he does wear the outfit or even the beginning stages of that outfit, I doubt they will ever show it before the film comes out!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

7. BERSERKER

@mcleve02 - Very true, my apologizes Mr. J lol. You make an excellent point, that's why I think this would be the perfect movie for him to wear the suit, or maybe even show the suit's origin being made from samurai armor. I believe @moviemouse
    had this same ideal as well.

2 years agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

8. moviegeek

looks fake.

2 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

9. THE JOKER

@Number1Wolverine haha hey I was in that convo before you! XD

But yeah, it does have a very Japanese feel to it, so I could see that working for sure... but it need to be combat oriented... not just a suit!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

10. BERSERKER

@mcleve02 - "Why So Serious" Joker, lol j/k. Of course I don't mind a peek, it was meant for all you guys to look at, it just took me a sec to find something that resembled the alternate Wolverine suit that I couldn't find so I just linked it with me and
    @moviemouse discussion :).

2 years agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

11. THE JOKER

@Number1Wolverine I did not... this is why you are Wolverine and I am The Joker! I hope you don't mind but I took a peek at that photo, and that would be awesome if he would look that way!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

12. BERSERKER

@moviemouse@mcleve02@felipe-11 - Don't know if you guys know this, but on The X-Men Ultimate Collection disc set they actually had Wolverine original costume, mask and everything before deciding to just use his hair.

@moviemouse - I agree with you in that if they just take away or maybe even tone down the suit colors it wouldn't look cheesy. It should look something like this, http://thedarkestseason.deviantart.com/art/Wolverine-Back-In-Black-178345101?q=boost%3Apopular%20wolverine%20costume&qo=66.

2 years agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

13. moviemouse

@felipe-11 looking at the wolverine suit it isn't that cartoony if you take away the colors it could definitely be pulled off, and like i said it could be a type of Samurai Armour he wears during combat or training or w.e. doesn't this take place in japan after all?

2 years agoby @moviemouseFlag

14. Xenon

Great picture, this aussie needs to know a few things about the character and he's ignoring them. Full fury, loner by nature and above all, vicious killer. Hope this is rated R

Certain Marvel characters need to stay as dark as possible. R rated,
    pg 13 isn't good enough.

kid: mommy why is he cutting off that mans head
    Mom: he's a killer dear, not even close to Spiderman

If it were me I would make a trilogy of where this character meets Spiderman and a few other superheroes.

2 years agoby @xenon56Flag

15. THE JOKER

@felipe-11 Possibly... and his cap to me seems to have an Asian influence on style so I could see him picking that up maybe towards the end... but they would have to find a logical reason for him switching to a costume... That is also a part of my cartoony theory... It's difficult to come up with a reason as to why he would wear the uniform in the first place...

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

16. Replicant

@Dark-White-Knight He's in great shape for any age lol

@mcleve02 I think with the right concept artists they could pull it off. I mean if they made Spider-man not look cartoony then anything's possible. Maybe a mix between the X-Men First Class uniforms and the TDK suit...

2 years agoby @felipe-11Flag

17. THE JOKER

@felipe-11 I said I doubt they would do that and just that I would like to see it make an appearance... But like I also said, I would worry that if they ever even remotely tried it, it would just look cartoony...

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

18. justatadmatt

it looks like a disease is spreading up his arm...

2 years agoby @justatadmattFlag

19. Khaotician

Damn! Hugh Jackman + photoshop = Badass! lol

2 years agoby @KhaoticianFlag

20. Dark-White-Knight

The guy is in great shape for his age

2 years agoby @Dark-White-KnightFlag

21. Replicant

@moviemouse@mcleve02 Why would he wear any type of costume if this takes place years before he joins the X-Men?

2 years agoby @felipe-11Flag

22. The Real Goku

Personally I like the hair style from the very first xmen movie. That was wolverine to me. And Hugh could put on a little weight. But I like it

2 years agoby @therealGokuFlag

23. ROFLitschristian

Holy shish kabobs.

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

@ghostman He looks normal to me

25. jasdjqs

fake

2 years agoby @jasdjqsFlag

26. THE JOKER

@ghostman haha I think it looks fine!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag