'The Smurfs 2' Full-Length Trailer!

These small blue creatures must rescue Smurfette from Gargamel in this animated sequel, in theaters July 31st.
Patrick (Neil Patrick Harris) and Grace (Jayma Mays) team up with The Smurfs again on an important adventure in the first full-length trailer for The Smurfs 2. The evil Gargamel (Hank Azaria) has captured Smurfette (Katy Perry), with the help of his new creation, Smurf-like creatures known as The Naughties (Christina Ricci and J.B. Smoove). As the Smurfs try to rescue their beloved Smurfette, she develops a "naughty" streak of her own in this animated adventure from director Raja Gosnell. Watch as The Smurfs travel to Paris in this summer sequel, hitting theaters July 31.

The Smurfs 2 was released July 31st, 2013 and stars Hank Azaria, Neil Patrick Harris, Brendan Gleeson, Jayma Mays, Jacob Tremblay, Nancy O'Dell, Karim Babin, Gaston Howard. The film is directed by Raja Gosnell.

Sources: Yahoo! Movies

1. Monkeyiron 2.0

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx I have on/off feelings towards Raja, I loved The Scooby-Doo films, liked Home Alone 3 even though it is a rehash of the 1st two movies, Big Momma's House was fun, The Smurfs was fun to. But then you look at Yours, Mines, and Ours, Beverly Hills Chihuahua. He has alot of promise, if only he can do something that is truly mind blowing or a game changer.

10 months agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

2. Zak Lee Ferguson

I am not even going to give this trailer a moment of my time.

10 months agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

3. Zak Lee Ferguson

The first one is passable as flush and colour for the children but for anyone to go on to defend this accused series and its growth and its potential is a lame witted Smurf Loving knoob who knows nowt about what makes cinema and a good children s film. This film and the previous can pass onto the Television, for all i care, or NETFLIX it, two and two of the absurdest creations to grace our world would benefit each other. I will pass on this. Raja Gosnell has been very disappointing. What was gone with Scooby was it was a pastiche and niche film that was everything Doo and everything that translates well about the T.V series onto screen and making it a fun, oddball very surreal film for children, with great horror conventions and fully realized characters.

10 months agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

4. Nicholaus XX

@ejk1 -- I knew you were one of the fans, as other users and I only discussed the matter less than a handful of times. You, however, were one of the most consistent ones. Now, don't be such a @monkeyiron2-0, and enjoy the growing fan base.

@mr-k -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-rGGmXpLjw

10 months agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

5. Monkeyiron 2.0

@Kill-Bill Now that was funny

10 months agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

6. Kill-Bill

@ejk1@monkeyiron2-0@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx@mr-k I think it will win many prizes.... At the Raspberries

10 months agoby @Kill-BillFlag

7. Kill-Bill

I don't necessarily call it a animated movie. A big part of it is live action

10 months agoby @Kill-BillFlag

8. The_Crow2k

The first one was so bad, I had hard time to sit through it ... Just like I had with this trailer.

10 months agoby @the-crow2kFlag

9. CelluloidDreams

PASS!!

10 months agoby @2movieguysFlag

10. Monkeyiron 2.0

@mr-k Dude I'm Grouchy Smurf....

10 months agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

11. Mr.K

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx *sniff* Go forward my young smurfs! It is your destiny to "smurf" us with happiness and joy!!

10 months agoby @mr-kFlag

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Well, it was a joke, but I'll just direct you to your first comment on this thread. Your tagging of me pretty much proves my joke and/or point, if a joke really needs one.

10 months agoby @ejk1Flag

13. Nicholaus XX

@mr-k -- Exactly! It's the animation we've all pictured in our heads as children, but never seen brought to life....until now.

10 months agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

14. Nicholaus XX

@ejk1 -- What are you talking about? Many of us have been speculating it's potential since the day it was announced.

10 months agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

I can't wait to see Hank Azaria's Oscar acceptance speech. I hope he does it in the voice of Moe the Bartender.

10 months agoby @ejk1Flag

16. Mr.K

@ejk1 But.... 8S We were mocking it for you.

@monkeyiron2-0 I sense that you have no sense of humor in your soul.

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Then it's real. This movie will be genius. People may say that it capitalizes on the youth but the REAL truth is that this movie will re-define and perfect the art of animation. Watch out Don Bluth and Pixar cause this movie will beat the living "smurf" out of you!

10 months agoby @mr-kFlag

Award winning.

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx@john-m@bawnian-dexeus@mr-k Get your own film to mock. This one's been taken for months :P

10 months agoby @ejk1Flag

18. Monkeyiron 2.0

@john-m@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx you all are just horrible

10 months agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

19. Nicholaus XX

@mr-k -- That's a strong possibility. We're working with an immensely talented cast, and there's rumors going on about how the voice acting is borderline groundbreaking. The cast members were so compelled by their characters, that at times, they wore nothing more than shorts and painted themselves (and sometimes each other) blue. The animation is actually better in the full-length film, as they didn't want to spoil any the luscious visuals. The story is simple, but brilliant, and will include a post-credit scene no one will ever see coming. And let's not forget about the Raja Gosnell; the genius behind the project. He stumbled a little bit with Home Alone 3, but all of his other films are nothing short of great. Both live-action Scooby-Doo films were hilarious, fitting flicks that the entire family enjoyed, and Big Momma's House was easily one of the best comedies of the decade, as it proved to be a black(literally) comedy worthy of praise. Tyler Perry may some day come close, but he will never grasp the ingenuity that Raja did with Big Momma's House. Then you have Beverly Hills Chihuahua, Yours, Mine, and Ours, and Never Been Kissed; all great films that entertained, and enthused all who've viewed them.

What else can I say? "The Smurfs 2" is shaping up to the most anticipated movie of the year.

10 months agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

20. John M

@monkeyiron2-0, @mr-k is right I am having fun with the film. You can say that my joking around is a sort of catharsis for watching the trailer for this masterpiece in film making. I am sorry that you enjoyed the first film and this trailer, but relax and do not be a dick about some of us having fun with this trailer and film.

10 months agoby @john-mFlag

21. Mr.K

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx But wait... What if the percentage of The Smurfs 2 goes higher than the usual 100%?

10 months agoby @mr-kFlag

22. Mr.K

@monkeyiron2-0 You know. You don't have to be a complete dick, @john-m is just kidding about The Smurfs 2 being the Best Animated film in the Oscars, which it won't happen. It's called having fun, so stop being a sour puss.

10 months agoby @mr-kFlag

23. Nicholaus XX

@john-m -- No way, man. You've gone way too far.

Your percentage was absolutely ridiculous; it'll more than likely have 110%, minimum.

10 months agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

24. John M

@monkeyiron2-0: And I pray that you were being sarcastic with your first comment.

10 months agoby @john-mFlag

25. Monkeyiron 2.0

@john-m your sarcasm suck

10 months agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

26. Monkeyiron 2.0

The 1st movie was actually good, it had a underdog story, Gargamel was excellent and funny, the story was iffy but still passable. This is what everybody expect the last one to be; obnoxious, crude humor, sex innuendos, and f*cking annoying little creatures. The only redeeming factor of this trailer is Gargamel....I laughed at his stupidity once again.

10 months agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

27. John M

WOW! THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST FILM EVER! Smurfs 2 will win Oscars and be the highest grossing film of all time along with having a 100% rating at RT. I can not wait to see it.

10 months agoby @john-mFlag