The Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver May Appear in 'The Avengers 2' Teases Joss Whedon

The director reveals that the first draft of the screenplay is completed, and that a brother and sister duo from the comics are part of the story.
The Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver may appear in The Avengers 2 teases Joss Whedon
Writer-director Joss Whedon hit the red carpet at the Iron Man 3 premiere in Hollywood last night, where he revealed that his script for The Avengers 2 is complete, and that it contains an appearance by a certain brother and sister duo from the comic books.

"I have actually finished a draft, we're in a very good place. I've got these two characters, two of my favorite characters from the comic book, a brother-sister act. They're in the movie."

The Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are the only known brother and sister duo from the Avengers comic books. At first Mutant villains under the control of Magneto, they are recruited to join The Avengers under Captain America. The Scarlet Witch, real name Wanda Maximoff, can control the power of probability. Quicksiler, real name Pietro Maximoff, possesses superhuman speed. It has not been confirmed that The Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are in the movie, and Joss Whedon might simply be toying with the Internet.

The director did go onto explain that he is already meeting with actors, and that The Avengers 2 is in the process of being story boarded.

"It's going really well, eventually someone will explain to me that it's not and pull me out of my bubble. I've been writing and meeting with actors and we're starting to storyboard, all the preliminary processes. This is the part where it's all still fun.

It's an evolution, and that goes on all through shooting and it never stops. I've done enough shows and movies to be comfortable with that. You do come to a point where we all agree...You lock certain things in. But then there's a certain fluidity when you're working with Robert (Downey Jr.). Robert's going to want to do something new on the day, and you're going to want him to, because it's going to be funny. So you always keep yourself open."

He also spoke about not trying to top his blockbuster Marvel's The Avengers, and joked about how Iron Man 3 director Shane Black is not 'helping' by getting his Marvel Phase Two sequel "right."

"I try not to think of it as topping it. I try to think of this as its own movie. Sometime yeah, I feel pressure and by the way, Shane Black, not helping, Iron Man 3, not helping, because I saw this and man he really got it right. But when you're in the story and you're dealing with these characters that you love, that everybody loves, when you've got the new characters sliding in next to them it's very exciting. Then I don't feel pressure, it's like I'm reading my favorite comic."

When asked about his ABC pilot Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the filmmaker revealed they will hear whether or not the project is greenlit very soon.

"Well there's no update in terms of they haven't said 'Go and make many of these for it shall be on the air.' We've finished the pilot, Agent Coulson is in it, and we will explain why in the pilot. It is wonderful and he is phenomenal in it. We should find out in the very near future whether or not everyone else gets to enjoy it as much as we already have."

Click Here! for Joss Whedon's video interview on the red carpet.

Avengers: Age of Ultron comes to theaters May 1st, 2015 and stars Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Mark Ruffalo. The film is directed by Joss Whedon.

Sources: Yahoo! Movies

1. Josh

I also love how people think it's as simple as Marvel deciding to buy back the rights to all their characters, like Fox and Sony are just in the business of selling them. You don't just get to walk up to someone's house and decide, "I like that, I think I will buy it." The owner has to be willing to sell it, and until Spider-Man and the X-Men stop making money for their respective studios (which is to say, never), they're unlikely to go back to Marvel.

12 months agoby @shuabertFlag

2. Josh

I'm inclined to agree with the claim that Fox has ownership of those characters, being mutants and tied to the X-Men. More than likely, Whedon is using the phrase "brother-sister act" to refer more generally to a non-romantic couple team with a sibling-type relationship. Either that, or they signed a back door deal with Fox for those two characters, specifically (because they're so prominent in the Avengers roster), and they're trying to be a bit secretive about it, hence Whedon not giving the names away.

12 months agoby @shuabertFlag

@bane5000 But in Viper's case, it makes some sense. Unless Marvel Studios is planning on calling them Pietro and Wanda, I can't fathom a loophole here. FOX should also own their abilities, even without mentioning their lineage or source of power. But I'm just speculating here on my own. Don't exactly know how the contracts were drawn out 15 years ago

12 months agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

4. Bane5000

@bawnian-dexeus ...i know, not to much of a big deal, just a loophole i guess they found when it came to ownership of the characters.

As I said with The Wolverine, FOX is using Viper but Marvel Studios can still use her under her other alias Madame Hydra, same person different name

12 months agoby @bane5000Flag

5. Bane5000

@bawnian-dexeus...Actually Kevin Feige said it himself during an Avengers press junket when it first hit theaters that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver can be used...however their could no mention of their father (Magneto) or Mutants in general, but still on the flip side Fox can also still use both in any Xmen movie they like.

12 months agoby @bane5000Flag

6. Kill-Bill

@Michael-Kolesik@bane5000 They are characters that are owned by any of them. The first that will use them are the ones that are allowed keep them

12 months agoby @Kill-BillFlag

7. Fry_3000

Hmmmm.........does that mean 'vision' will appear? Wasn't he before scarlet in avengers? Or am I getting mixed up here? And why quicksilver? Is that so they get there 'flash' character out before dc do 'flash film'?

12 months agoby @Fry-3000Flag

8. Nicholaus XX

@ejk1 -- For one of the first times ever(not that it means anything), I can kind of see your point. Enough is enough.

12 months agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Those that refuse to or simply cannot back up their words should shut up:

movieweb/news/j-j-abrams-officially-confirmed-to-direct-star-wars-episode-vii

Focus on Ottley, Brian, Corey, and myself, if you choose to read the linked thread.

12 months agoby @ejk1Flag

10. Nicholaus XX

@ejk1 -- Then what the hell was that all about?

12 months agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx On the contrary, I had a splendid day.

12 months agoby @ejk1Flag

@bane5000 I don't think that's how it works

12 months agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

13. Nicholaus XX

@ejk1 -- Someone's not having a good day.

12 months agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

14. Bane5000

@jayaottley ...That would be awsome to see...so long as its not as quick and as lame as Johnny Cages' death in MK: Annihilation LoL

12 months agoby @bane5000Flag

15. Bane5000

@Michael-Kolesik ...Not entirely necessary, FOX and Marvel Studios are both allowed to use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, so long as Marvel Studios makes no mention of them being mutants and any relation to Magneto

Same can be said with The Wolverine movie which features Viper, who is also known in comics as Madame Hydra...FOX is allowed to use her under the name Viper and Marvel Studios is still allowed to use her under the name Madame Hydra.

12 months agoby @bane5000Flag

@jayaottley Shut the f*ck up.

12 months agoby @ejk1Flag

17. Jay.A.Ottley

Meh looking forward to the possible opening sequence

Hint
    An avenger gets snuffed off

12 months agoby @jayaottleyFlag

18. Sean

@ejk1 There is nothing wrong with you agreeing with me.

12 months agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

God, what the hell is happening to my life when I'm in total agreement with @themoviefanatic?

12 months agoby @ejk1Flag

Scarlet Witch is one of my fav Avengers but since Fox owns the rights to all things mutant...it feels like i am missing something.

12 months agoby @skywiseFlag

21. Sean

Awesome! But, what about Ant-Man and Wasp? They should be in The Avengers 2 as well !

12 months agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

22. Xenon

I rather see all of them revert back to Marvel.

12 months agoby @xenon56Flag

I'd rather have Ms. Marvel and Black Panther.

12 months agoby @dan1Flag

24. Michael Kolesik

This would mean that Marvel would have to buy back the movie rights from sh*tty Fox. Then they could save the X-Men movies.

PLEASE MARVEL, DO IT!!! I F*CKING BEG YOU FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, BUY BACK THE X-MEN RIGHTS!!! PLEASE!!!

12 months agoby @Michael-KolesikFlag