The Polar Express Presented in 3-D joins a cherished group of holiday films like It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story, Miracle on 34th Street and A Christmas Carol to be part of family celebrations at this time of year.
The Polar Express is based on the beloved Caldecott Medal children's book by Chris Van Allsburg about a doubting young boy who takes an extraordinary train ride to the North Pole on Christmas Eve. He embarks on a journey of self-discovery that shows the wonder of life never fades for those who believe. The Polar Express - which has sold nearly 7 million copies in print and ranked #2 on the National Education Association's Teachers Top 100 Books for Children - was selected as "Critics Choice" by the Broadcast Film Critics Association (BFCA); won the Grammy for Best Song Written For a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media and was honored with a Golden Globe nomination for Best Original Song and three Academy Award nominations including Best Original Song, Sound and Sound Editing.
- Smokey and Steamer Song not seen in theaters
- You Look Familiar: The many Polar faces of Tom Hanks
- A Genuine ticket to Ride: 5 featurettes
- True Inspirations: Profiling author Chris Van Allsburg
- Believe: Josh Groban performance and behind the scenes
- Flurry of Effects: 5 motion-capture sessions
- Snow Angels: Moviemakers' Christmas memories
- Theatrical trailer
The Polar Express was released November 10th, 2004 and stars Tom Hanks, Leslie Zemeckis, Eddie Deezen, Nona Gaye, Peter Scolari, Andy Pellick, Josh Eli, Mark Mendonca. The film is directed by Robert Zemeckis.