'The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones' Character Posters

Lily Collins and Jamie Campbell Bower are featured in these new one-sheets for this fantasy drama about a young girl who realizes what special powers she possesses.
Two new character posters for The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones showcase Lily Collins as Clary Fray, a young woman who learns she comes from a long line of demon slayers known as Shadowhunters, and Jamie Campbell Bower as Jace Wayland, one of the Shadowhunters Clary teams up with. Harald Zwart directs this adaptation of Cassandra Clare's novel, which follows Clary as she descends into a New York City underworld known as Darkworld, full of demons and other creatures she never knew existed. Check out these one-sheets for this upcoming adaptation, premiering in theaters nationwide August 23.

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Lily Collins Poster
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Jamie Campbell Bower Poster

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones was released August 21st, 2013 and stars Aidan Turner, Lena Headey, Lily Collins, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Robert Sheehan, Jamie Campbell Bower, Kevin Durand, Kevin Zegers. The film is directed by Harald Zwart.

Sources: Yahoo! Movies

1. Xenon

@corey there's two back stories, I'm reading the fourth book in the intital series, began the prequel trilogy but beyond that there's nothing else that I can think of.

1 year agoby @xenon56Flag

2. Corey W.

@ejk1 Oh, yeah, no worries. I won't spoil anything. I read the book a good two or three years ago too. Most of the Mortal Instruments information I know is from book four and five. I barely remember the story way back in the City of Bones/City of Ashes/City of Glass trilogy.

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

@corey Oh, I was just reminding you not to spoil anything. Sorry for the lack of clarification.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

4. Corey W.

@ejk1 I don't see how I spoiled anything. I just don't want people to mix this as another love-triangle YA franchise...

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

5. Corey W.

@xenon56 The Mortal Instruments actually has five books, two prequels, and a sixth on the way :p

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

6. Corey W.

@dan1 To be fair, the writers really f*cked The Host up. I don't even think they were adapting the book, I think they just took the premise and turned it to sh*t. The Mortal Instruments is just as great a read as HG was, and I think once the movie comes out people will start raving over the books. The Hunger Games and Twilight books didn't start getting hyped up until the marketing for the movies started to spark, and I think the same will happen for Mortal Instruments.

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

@dan1 Collins looks like she belongs in my bed.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

@dan1 Well, as far as that show goes, it completely backfired any interest I had. As for The Host, I can't say anything good or bad about it at this point. I never continued past chapter 10 when it was a hot topic in high school and all I've read from the reviewers is that the script was poorly written, given that it's a source material stronger (as some say) than the Twilight saga.

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

@bawnian-dexeus@ejk1 Collins looks like she belongs in Buffy The Vampire Slayer with that poster.

Having said that, this will prob be another forgettable YA novel turned movie adaptation. I remember people saying The Host was different and better work from Stephenie Meyer, and the reviews thrashed it, as I knew they would. Not very many Suzanne Collins or J.K. Rowlings out there.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

@xenon56 Can't help but agree. They are Ya novels, yet 90% of the time, have female leads.

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

11. JonSpidey07

I will go see this just for Lily Collins alone

1 year agoby @jonspidey07Flag

12. Xenon

@ejk1 try books, they are so much better than Twilight. 4 books so far and their is a prequel story as well. As much as I like female hero's, I'm starting to get a little tired of them.

1 year agoby @xenon56Flag

13. Brizzy

@ nice way of showing your maturity level, dude. I didn't even call you anything, yet you took it upon yourself to go ape? *applaudes you*

1 year agoby @BrizzyFlag

14. Titon

@skywise Agreed

1 year agoby @TitonFlag

@corey No spoilers, dude. People on FB are spoiling Walking Dead's season finale (before anyone starts denying, saying you're disappointed is spoiling; it brings down expectations). I couldn't take anymore spoilers tonight. Besides, I'll be reading the first book this summer.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

16. Corey W.

The Mortal Instruments is one of my favorite book franchises. These films can be as great as Harry Potter if they follow and adapt them correctly. It's not just another "love-story" either, guys. Believe me, you don't know the half of it. I think a lot of people are going to be shocked with what's to come with these characters. I was shocked reading it.

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

@ejk1 I hope you like it my friend. Cassandra did a good job at world building with the first book

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

18. Dumbumm

I heard the books are really good. The posters look weak. Hopefully some better ones soon.

1 year agoby @DumbummFlag

Posters are boring

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

@bawnian-dexeus I plan on reading the book this summer, so I hope good things will be found within both book and film.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

This will give the girls something to chew un for the time being. Can't wait for the movie. I hope it doesn't suffer the Twilight formula and succeeds the Hunger Games formula

@ejk1 Agreed.

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

22. Brizzy

@ Have you SEEN the f*cking movie? Keep your cynical f*cking thoughts to yourself, noone else gives a rats ass about them. Honestly, Im getting sick and tired of the negative people on this website, don't f*cking judge ANYTHING unless you've seen the final material. Im about to f*cking erupt, honest to god.

1 year agoby @BrizzyFlag

23. Monkeyiron 2.0

what this is about

1 year agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

Not a huge fan of posters in general, but that top one is worthy.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag