The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Blu-ray combo pack includes deleted scenes, an interactive lineage tracker that allows fans to delve deeper into the characters in The Mortal Instruments, the "Almost is Never Enough" Music Video by Ariana Grande featuring Nathan Sykes, and five behind-the-scenes featurettes exploring the exciting journey of bringing this No. 1 New York Times best-selling book to dazzling life on screen.
Synopsis: Based on the best-selling book series, a seemingly ordinary teenager, Clary Fray (Collins), discovers she is the descendant of a line of Shadowhunters, a secret cadre of young half-angel warriors locked in an ancient battle to protect our world from demons. After the disappearance of her mother (Headey), Clary must join forces with a group of Shadowhunters who introduce her to a dangerous alternate New York called Downworld filled with demons, warlocks, vampires, werewolves and other deadly creatures.
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones was written by Jessica Postigo Paquette (upcoming Tarzan) and is based on the novel by Cassandra Clare. It was produced by Don Carmody (Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, Resident Evil: Retribution) and Robert Kulzer (The Three Musketeers, Resident Evil: Afterlife).
Executive producers are Bob Shayne (The Lord of the Rings series), Michael Lynne (The Lord of the Rings series) and Martin Moszkowicz (Resident Evil: Retribution). Co-Executive producer is Veslemøy Ruud Zwart (Agent Cody Banks).
The film has a run time of approximately 130 minutes and is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of fantasy violence and action, and some suggestive content.
Blu-ray and DVD Bonus Material:
- Bringing Them to Life - Filmmakers & Cast discuss the characters of The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
- Descendants of the Cup - A look at the stunts and the cast's transformation into Shadowhunters
- Music Video: "Almost is Never Enough" by Ariana Grande featuring Nathan Sykes
- Deleted Scenes
Blu-ray Exclusive Bonus Material:
- Interactive Lineage Tracker - Allows users to learn more about all the characters in the world of The Mortal Instruments
- Deadly Attraction - Lily Collins & Jamie Campbell Bower on their roles as Clary Fray & Jace Wayland
- Entering The Shadow World - Creating the extraordinary creatures of the shadow world
- Into the Shadows: From Book to Screen - A look at this monumental book's journey from page to screen
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones was released August 21st, 2013 and stars Aidan Turner, Lena Headey, Lily Collins, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Robert Sheehan, Jamie Campbell Bower, Kevin Durand, Kevin Zegers. The film is directed by Harald Zwart.