'The Hunger Games' Gets Spoof 'The Starving Games'

Schlock maestros and parody pugilists Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer reunite for this upcoming laugh fest.
Fatniss Evereat takes part in The Starving Games
Fatniss Evereat takes part in The Starving Games
Cinematic terrorists Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg, known for such classic film deconstruction visual essays as Meet the Spartans, Disaster Movie, Vampires Suck, and the upcoming The Biggest Movie of All Time 3D, are reuniting for yet another spoof of pop culture, this time taking aim at The Hunger Games.

Called The Starving Games, the film will follow the same basic plot of this year's blockbuster while weaving in jokes about Marvel's The Avengers, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2.

The main plot will revolve around a group of obese teenagers forced to eat to the death at a Las Vegas buffet by a government who feels fat kids are out of control. Of course, we will be greeted by characters like Fatniss Evereat and Pita Limon Meringue. Maybe Meat Loaf will make an appearance as himself.

The film is set to go before cameras later this year, with rights being sold at the Cannes International Film Festival.

The Hunger Games was released March 23rd, 2012 and stars Stanley Tucci, Wes Bentley, Jennifer Lawrence, Willow Shields, Liam Hemsworth, Elizabeth Banks, Sandra Ellis Lafferty, Paula Malcomson. The film is directed by Gary Ross.

The Starving Games was released November 8th, 2013 and stars Maiara Walsh, Brant Daugherty, Alexandria Deberry, Nick Gomez, Cody Christian, Diedrich Bader, Lauren Bowles, Ashton Leigh. The film is directed by Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer.

1. Tamsin Parker

At least these idiots know who their target audiences are; teenage boys who really, really, REALLY hate girls.

2 years agoby @Tamsin-ParkerFlag

2. Xenon

Years ago I watched a film called the Avengers and thought at first it was the superhero mix up. I actually enjoyed it since it was a spy film.
    I used to like Adam and will only watch certain comedies for people I enjoy.

2 years agoby @xenon56Flag

3. Salemwolf711

really now?

2 years agoby @Salemwolf711Flag

4. FrankenFate

@Mutant Actually, some comedies now a days are still good comedies, it just takes a team of really good comedians to put great and new ideas together, hell some things you see in movies are only funny once, others are funny more than once, depending on how long it's been since you seen it, that is. The last movie I saw that was funny as sh*t was The Avengers, and I mean that movie had everyone in the theater laughing so damn hard.

2 years agoby @frankenfateFlag

5. darkdream

why make spoof films they suck ass they are not funny they all contain fart jokes ppl getting hit with stuff and so on this movie will suck ass

2 years agoby @darkdreamFlag

6. Newtron

Love the premise, love the name "Fatniss Evereat" LOL

2 years agoby @newtronFlag

7. Laura Wood

meh

2 years agoby @Laura-WoodFlag

8. TheSymbiote

"weaving in jokes about Marvel's The Avengers"

THIS MOVIE ALONG WITH AARON & JASON MUST DIE!

2 years agoby @thesymbioteFlag

9. The Knight Has Risen

Please go straight to DVD. At least then I wouldn't have to go see other films with their trailers attached to them. I've never seen any of their (non)films, but the previews are hard to watch.

2 years agoby @thehost91Flag

F*cking retarded.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

11. Bryan Yentz

Wow. I wish I was a talentless hack that sucked the nuts of Hollywood execs day in and out. I mean, seriously, these two guys must be REALLY good at sucking c*ck because their last efforts have been complete disasters. Maybe if I were as pathetic I might be able to get studios to give me millions of dollars to produce total and utter sh*t.

2 years agoby @bryanyentzFlag

12. Lastwerdz

There are many directors struggling to finance their films,yet these clowns always get money to make movies that are nothing but ATROCITIES.

2 years agoby @lastwerdzFlag

13. Brainiac

This article is written like it is complimenting these guys. WHY?!?! these guys suck and i don't know a single person who has seen any of their films and liked them.

2 years agoby @thebdFlag

14. Dragon1991

The plot is god awful, even for a spoof movie.

2 years agoby @Dragon1991Flag

15. Xenon

I hate spoof films and I see no logic in them.
    If it is a good comedy fine I'll see it, stupid comedies shouldn't be made either 'sorry Adam' you're no longer funny.

Stop with the insane silly ones as well, hell most comedies now a days are not funny unless you do drugs and laugh at everything.

2 years agoby @xenon56Flag

16. moviegeek

Let me guess, they'll finish the movie in 3 months.

2 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

17. artkid04

Oh god, wow, i hate to say but I did see Vampires suck! :(
    these movies are bad, hate how they make fun of good movies too

2 years agoby @artkid04Flag

18. ROFLitschristian

Unless a spoof film has the title "Scary Movie" I'm not interested.

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag