'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' Photo Featuring A Battle Weary Bilbo Baggins

Martin Freeman picks up a sword as J.R.R. Tolkien's legendary Hobbit in this latest look at Peter Jackson's upcoming prequel.

I see the cave again

@k-man, lol. I'm well aware of that, and I still hold to the fact that this is Mirkwood, and Bilbo just dropped the ring in a scuffle with the spiders. The lighting, setting, and even wardrobe (I think) is pretty different in the scene above and the one where he's beneath Gollum in the trailer, just as that scene looked different to the shot we saw in the trailer of the ring on the ground.

3 years agoby @narratorFlag

3. K-Man

This is a GREAT photo! Really shows a more serious side that seemed to be lacking in the trailer.
    @narrator - I would absolutely agree that that SHOULD be Mirkwood considering there are spiderwebs everywhere......However, in the trailer, at the very end when they reveal the ring, you can see Bilbo in the background and he is surrounded by Spider-Webs and is covered in webbing himself. So, even though in the books the only time we see Spiders and Webbing is in Mirkwood, it is possible that Peter Jackson has made some slight alterations. Check out the trailer once again and let me know what you think.
    The main reason why I caught this was because when I was watching the trailer, that was one of the first things I noticed, how there was Spiderwebs when there should, according to the book, only be cave walls. Therefore, I'm actually inclined to think that this photo reveals the moment when Bilbo finds the ring.

@barkx - David Tennant was never confirmed.....that was just a rumor.

3 years agoby @k-manFlag

4. Gandalf05

frumoasa poza

3 years agoby @gandalf05Flag

5. lance123

I hope this good and not 3 hours long like the others one I did not like the others ones but I like the actor in it

3 years agoby @lancelievenseFlag

6. Nicholaus XX

Finally, a decent screenshot!

3 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

And, yeah. Is Tennant in the film, or not?

3 years agoby @narratorFlag

Mirkwood (cobwebs in the background). Noice!

3 years agoby @narratorFlag

9. ZanyZap

Oh yee.

3 years agoby @zanyzapFlag

10. ROFLitschristian

Oh, f*ck yes!

3 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

11. Barkx

Hmmm... I thought Tennant was too! Just doing a quick google search, it was rumored that he was to play Legolas' father, King Thranduil (as reported on Movieweb itself)... However, IMDB has actor Lee Pace listed in that role. And there is no mention of Tennant anywhere in their full cast list... So maybe he isn't?!

3 years agoby @barkxFlag

12. Ana Cristina

... and don't forget Richard Armitage!! Are you sure that David Tennant is part of the cast? ;)

3 years agoby @Ana-CristinaFlag