'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' London Set Photos with Hooded Rooney Mara

Daniel Craig also appears in new images from David Fincher's upcoming remake of the Stieg Larsson novel.
The Social Network director David Fincher is currently in London, England filming the stateside remake of Stieg Larsson's popular mystery novel The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Cast members Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara were both spotted on set in costume as journalist Mikael Blomkvist and private investigator Lisbeth Salander. You can check out these latest images below.

By request, these photos have been removed.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was released December 21st, 2011 and stars Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara, Robin Wright, Stellan Skarsgård, Christopher Plummer, Joely Richardson, Yorick van Wageningen, Steven Berkoff. The film is directed by David Fincher.

Sources: Celebrity Gossip

1. MrMarQx

Can't wait!!!:D

3 years agoby @mrmarqxFlag

2. K-Man

This is going to be great. It's weird to see Rooney Mara look so hideous because she is actually a really cute girl. BUT the character is supposed to be that way. They made Noomi Rapace look equally as homely in the Swedish version.

But like I said, its going to be a great film........its David Fincher, of course it will kick ass.

3 years agoby @k-manFlag

Wow she's ugly. Perfect.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

4. ridgl

well the pants are just like the original. haha.

3 years agoby @ridglFlag

5. SpaceCowboy

@narrator Popular? Wow, I hadn't a clue. lol. Yeah, I started as HarryPatch just to make random comments on the site but eventually it just took off from there and I regretted the name, so I always changed though I could never do anything about my username in the URL bar. Until just a few days ago.

3 years agoby @SpaceCowboyFlag

6. SpaceCowboy

@moviemaniac66 Well, I've never really seen a point in remakes. But in this case and how it has been for the past few years, foreign lanuage films have been adapted by American filmmakers who go through all the effort of remaking something something for English language audiences that could easily be dubbed. But this remakes are more for people favored in the American community to take over the roles of characters that overwise would have been forgotten if not remembered by these adaptations. These remakes have helped Naomi Watts, Chloe Moretz and now even Rooney Mara's careers.

3 years agoby @SpaceCowboyFlag

@SpaceCowboy, lol. I remember, man. You 'twas also the all to popular Harry Patch. Right?

3 years agoby @narratorFlag

@moviemaniac66, the point of this remake was the same of the Let Me In film (remade from the also Sweedish "Let The Right One In") - to release it to a wider, American audience, to cash on an excellent films cult success. By doing so, they get money (usually), bring the films to the average American audiences' attention, and eventually raise interest in the original pieces as well. In a nutshell - money is the reason for this. We're just thankful they have an excellent director, crew, and cast heading the remake, or I'd be pissed.

3 years agoby @narratorFlag

9. SpaceCowboy

@narrator Yeah, I'm come around every now and again. In fact, when I started off on MW I used the name The Narrator for a little bit. But, obviously that didn't last long.

3 years agoby @SpaceCowboyFlag

10. MovieManiac

@SpaceCowboy - If it is kept the same as the original film, then what is the point of the remake in the first place? I like that they are changing up her look for this film to be honest.

3 years agoby @moviemaniac66Flag

Agreed @SpaceCowboy. It's just all a bit too overboard. Btw, nice to see you still coming by, man.

3 years agoby @narratorFlag

12. SpaceCowboy

Sure has been a while since B. Alan posted something that didn't get riddled with thumbs down.

3 years agoby @SpaceCowboyFlag

13. SpaceCowboy

When I heard about this American remake I was thinking "Hell yes! Daniel Craig is Mikael!" He looks just like an American (well, British) version of the Swedish Mikael. Rooney on the other hand...while I think she is a fine actress and she proved that with The Social Network, I don't think she has the look or the attitude to pull off Lisbeth. Even the remodeling of Lisbeth for the movie is a bit off beat..the shaved eye browes and the longish hair with bowl-cut bangs doesn't strike me as Lisbeth. Maybe I'm just wanting too many things in this remake to be kept the sameas the original film. Either way, I'm looking forward to this movie coming out this December if I'm not mistaken.

3 years agoby @SpaceCowboyFlag

14. CUPID

I have not seen the original and i heard that its really good.

3 years agoby @cupidFlag

While I still don't like Mara's look, I really only want a convincing performance from her. That's my biggest worry. Everything else is a near solid IMO, from Fincher to Craig, to the rest of the cast. This film's hinging on Mara's performance, and if she gets that down, I'll be uber happy.

3 years agoby @narratorFlag

16. vacaslocas

SHE LOOKS HORRIBLE!!! LISBETH IS A "NOT GOOD LOOKING WOMAN" NOT A MONSTER!!!!!!

3 years agoby @vacaslocasFlag

17. Cody Ellsmore

i don't think that rooney mara is the goth type!!!!!

3 years agoby @cody-ellsmoreFlag

18. Cripple

Can't wait!

3 years agoby @crippleFlag

Is that an iPad?

20. The Dark Knight

she has the hair cut of the chick from Die Antwood

3 years agoby @thedarkknight23Flag

21. ZanyZap

Looking good, Mr. Fincher.

3 years agoby @zanyzapFlag

22. thedude-abides

This will be great.

3 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

Never read the books and never saw the original films. That is probably a good thing if i really want to enjoy this movie.

3 years agoby @skywiseFlag