The First Official Look at Ryan Reynolds as 'Green Lantern'!

Get a glimpse at the first image of the actor in the iconic superhero costume from EW magazine.
Entertainment Weekly has debuted their latest magazine cover which features a first look at Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern, which will hit theaters nationwide on June 17, 2011. Click on the image below to access our photo gallery from the film and take a look below the image for an excerpt from the site's article.

First Look at Ryan Reynolds as The Green Lantern

Ryan Reynolds stars as Hal Jordan, a cocky test pilot who becomes a ring-wearing intergalactic superhero in this massive sci-fi epic from director Martin Campbell (Casino Royale). Though Reynolds has prior experience in the superhero realm from his role as Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, playing Green Lantern involved some major challenges, like getting hurled through the air on a wire at up to 60 feet per second to create the illusion of flight. "The first time you do it, you're seriously considering an adult diaper," Reynolds says. Still, he couldn't resist the chance to play the beloved DC Comics hero, whose power ring can conjure virtually anything he can dream up. "Will and imagination are his superpowers," Reynolds says. "We need a circus of Timothy Learys to think of things Hal would invent with his ring."

We'll be sure to keep you posted with any further developments regarding Green Lantern as soon as we have more information.

Green Lantern was released June 17th, 2011 and stars Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Peter Sarsgaard, Mark Strong, Temuera Morrison, Jenna Craig, Jon Tenney, Mike Doyle. The film is directed by Martin Campbell.

1. Monkeyiron

Awesome suite dude

4 years agoby @monkeyironFlag

2. Emmytt

nice cant wait

4 years agoby @emmyttFlag

3. Newtron

@movie-nut: That's a good point, about the suit looking like it was heavily influenced by Dr. Manhattan. I didn't even think about that before.

4 years agoby @newtronFlag

4. Major Tom

I do heftily prefer the Marvel universe and movies, but sadly, I do have to agree here. The DC movies have almost always been good, unlike Marvel. We don't have to talk about Spider-man 3, do we?

I am really liking this suit. It looks alien and organic, and I'm lookin forward go this now, despite never being a huge Green Lantern fan

The one problem I have with this is that it looks like Dr. Manhattan was a heavy influence in the design. I don't even mind the mask.

4 years agoby @movie-nutFlag

5. Iwannagofast42

Woa.. Nolan is doing Superman too?!?! DC is going to have a Dynasty..

4 years agoby @iwannagofast42Flag

6. Xenon

I'm starting to like that look on him.

4 years agoby @xenon56Flag

7. Xenon

Is it just me or do some of you think of stop reading and watching the mistakes marvel keeps doing. The only thing I'll watch will be Iron-man until the film studio starts controlling Jon. Their mistakes are getting me down.

4 years agoby @xenon56Flag

8. Superman81

I totally agree with Todd89, DC seems to have their act together. And they are commited to making some good films. With Batman 3, Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, and maybe even a JLA movie coming soon depending on how well the next Superman film does. Which it should since Nolan and company are gonna be making it. Everything Nolan touches turns to gold and i think he will make Superman a movie even non Superman films will wanna see.

4 years agoby @superman81Flag

9. I AM FRATSON

@todd - agreed

4 years agoby @iamfratsonFlag

10. Xenon

I sure hope that the DC films beat out Marvel to a degree, so far nothing has gone wrong with them.
    When it comes to the marvel films, there seems to be a bit more unreliable and having more than a few troubles with certain Superheroes or monsters.
    Don't get me wrong I like both Universe's its the choices their making which irritating the hell out of me.

4 years agoby @xenon56Flag

11. Zyclops

looks kind of gay but its alright.

4 years agoby @zyclopsFlag

12. Narzion

not bad

4 years agoby @narzionFlag

13. Fry_3000

actually the mask looks photoshoped?

4 years agoby @Fry-3000Flag

14. Fry_3000

love the suit

4 years agoby @Fry-3000Flag

15. B3njamin

awesome suit but the mask looks stupid and cheap

4 years agoby @b3njaminFlag

16. Cartman

CGI SUIT looks coooooollllllll

4 years agoby @c-a-r-t-m-a-nFlag

17. Ultimatum

Pretty cool suit.

4 years agoby @theultimatumFlag

18. WiseGuy

Sorry but this looks f*cking retarded. And I'm not gonna be seeing this (not big into superhero, comic books movies besides The Dark Knight and Kick Ass) because I cannot stand Ryan Reynolds.

4 years agoby @zgcorleone072Flag

19. Monkeyiron

I wonder how sinestro will look

4 years agoby @monkeyironFlag

20. Monkeyiron

Looks bad ass........for a dc comics movie

4 years agoby @monkeyironFlag

21. Brainiac

i'm not arguing against the texture or the alien look, i think they should have just kept the color scheme a lil closer to the original. they could have added in a bit of black instead of all green just to get it to look a lil more like the comics.

still this isn't bad and i can definitely accept this but i am a lil disappointed.

4 years agoby @thebdFlag

22. Buriblazing

looks great bring it.

4 years agoby @buriblazingFlag

23. Frenzy2001

I don't know what to think. I do wish it had some areas where it was black, I personally don't care for it being solid green from head to toe. However, I will wait for the movie to come out before I sh*t all over it.

4 years agoby @frenzy2001Flag

Like I said yesterday about the Thor still, it needs to be seen in motion. The trailer will tell us more than this picture ever will.

4 years agoby @ejk1Flag

25. Chris

@Superman I agree with everything you said and I'm really looking forward to all the DC movies that will come out

4 years agoby @unknown21Flag

26. I AM FRATSON

def love the biological alien feel. if not it would have looked like a guy, who gets a ring, and then gets a spanex suit. organic, biological, alien constructed suit. love it!!! im digging the mask too. white eyes are sick. i think they are doing a perfect job so far from everything that has popped up today.

@superman - agree with the JLA vs Avengers stuff. WB is smart with what they are doing right now. I still have high hopes for the marvel universe, but, DC/WB teamup is awesome. I heard the Flash is on the quick track right now with the script.

4 years agoby @iamfratsonFlag

27. Superman81

Bring on the haters!!! Im so hyped for this movie and Im totally digging the suit. I love the biological?alien feel and I think its gonna look great on screen. Too many haters who like the comics and the cartoon need to understand not all that will transition to the big screen. I think this will flow nicely! And im sorry but the Green Lantern wore a mask and this mask looks pretty good! Ryan Reynolds was an excellent choice. Looks like DC has their act together while Marvel and Kevin Feige are jacking off the whole Avengers movie. We got Batman 3, Green Lantern, and a future Superman movie with Nolan and company at the helm. Thank god cause as a huge Superman film its bout time we had a bad ass director put his input on a Superman movie!!! I think if WB does as they say and focus on DC movies then the JLA movie will kill the Avengers in my opinion.

4 years agoby @superman81Flag

28. joekerr2e

I'll wait for the trailer as well... before I say "yay", or "nay". It's not horrible by any strech and agreed.... looks kinda organic in design. Who knows, maybe it's ribbed for her pleasure.

4 years agoby @joekerr2eFlag

29. bluedevil

At first glance I hated this but it's slowly growing on me.

4 years agoby @bluedevilFlag