'The Dark Knight Rises' Dr. Hugo Strange Rumor Reignited by Bald Headed Tom Hardy

The actor was recently spotted with a shaved head and a beard, offering fans another reason to believe he is Batman's main villain.
It has long been speculated and rumored that Tom Hardy will be playing Dr. Hugo Strange in The Dark Knight Rises, appearing in a script that is rumored to be based on the Batman graphic novel Prey. In what many of you will call non-news, Hardy recently appeared in public sporting a shaved head and beard growth, which is now inflaming fan speculation that the Inception actor really is playing Dr. Hugo Strange. As there is no other reason for him to be shaving his head with The Dark Knight Rises set to shoot very soon. You can check out the images of Tom Hardy below, which also find him wearing a hat. Is he hiding something more than just a baldhead? Only time will tell:

The Dark Knight Rises: Set Photos #2
The Dark Knight Rises: Set Photos #1

The Dark Knight Rises was released July 20th, 2012 and stars Tom Hardy, Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Liam Neeson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Gary Oldman, Marion Cotillard, Morgan Freeman. The film is directed by Christopher Nolan.

Sources: Worst Previews

1. alan mighell 3

i would like to see steve austin wwe play the part hugo strange please please

3 years agoby @alan-mighell-3Flag

Smoke Screen. That is all.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

3. slysnide

Dear MWT, stop these non-stories and wait till the real stuff is confirmed!!!

3 years agoby @slysnideFlag

Agreed with @JAckytreehornn.

3 years agoby @narratorFlag

5. TheMime

is this a picture of Tom doing a P.U......daaaaaaamn....jk.... come on guys..enough of the rumors and confirm sh!t already man......

3 years agoby @themimeFlag

6. TheDude1

@insertusernamehere Damn it. I really thought I was going to be Hugo Strange especially since I have a beard and I have an shaved head.

3 years agoby @thedude1Flag

7. Perickson81

What we can probably assume happened after the taking of this pic is that Tom probably kicked the cameramans ass for spying and photographing him taking a piss.

3 years agoby @perickson81Flag

8. Cripple

Do these people not know that he is filming The Wettest County in the World soon? It could be for that. I won't believe any of these rumors until Nolan says so.

3 years agoby @crippleFlag

9. T.Clark

I sent the MW Team a better TDKR link that probably would have been better to post, though. It's not legitimate, but neither is this.

3 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

10. T.Clark

@TheDude1: You're also not set to star in the next Batman movie.

3 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

@TheDude1 Lol :P

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

12. TheDude1

I also shaved my head and I have a beard guess Movieweb will be doing a story on me next.

3 years agoby @thedude1Flag

13. ZanyZap

And from what I've read on Wikipedia (I have not read the actual graphic novel), "Batman: Prey" sounds like reasonable inspiration for The Dark Knight Rises. With a little tweaking, to fit Nolan's Universe, and a few additions, to offer closure to the trilogy, it could make for a promising and exciting framework. Didn't Nolan use other sources for his past films? I'm just pulling a name out of the hat that I believe bounced around with The Dark Knight: The Long Halloween? Either way, I'm excited for more details.

3 years agoby @zanyzapFlag

14. ZanyZap

Non-news! :P
    If it's true: cool! If it's false: I'm digging the new haircut, Hardy!

3 years agoby @zanyzapFlag

15. Jackytreehornn

Tom Hardy is currently filming 'The Wettest County in the World' which is probably why his head is shaved. Also, Dr. Hugo Strange as well as The Riddler will not appear in 'The Dark Knight Rises', and that comes from Nolan. No one except Chris Nolan and a couple execs at Warner Brothers know who Tom Hardy is playing. In fact, not too long ago, even Tom Hardy admitted he didn't know who he would be portraying. There has not been a script leak, so basically anything and everything on the internet without quotation marks attributed to Chris Nolan should be taken as rumor and most likely false; like Commissioner Gordan, Chris Nolan keeps everything very close to the chest.

3 years agoby @jackytreehornnFlag

16. thedude-abides

I'm more interested in the photo above of him in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Looks badass.

3 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

17. Leng T'che

It totally looks like he's taking a piss in the second picture.

3 years agoby @leng-tcheFlag

18. ed_wood

It would be cool if this is true.

3 years agoby @ed-woodFlag

You know, @Alan, ever since Movieweb changed its layout with displaying who the authors are for each article, your writing has changed and become more smart-alecky. I don't know if this is because we know who it is that is writing them now, so you feel the need to be that way to get your digs in before anyone even comments, but it's not necessary, dude. Just my 3 cents.

Other websites, like IGN, are also reporting similar news. I'm cool with this if it's true.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

20. Jimthar

definately a 'non-news' article.

3 years agoby @jimtharFlag

21. blazingfirexp

the second picture looks like he is taking a piss.

3 years agoby @blazingfirexpFlag

22. bud2fresh

If this turns out to be true then i'm ok with this.Nolan knows best!

3 years agoby @bud2freshFlag