'The Dark Knight Rises' Bane Vs. Batman: Anatomy of A Fight Photo Gallery

Break down this memorable sewer fight scene between Christian Bale and Tom Hardy before the Blu-ray and DVD debut December 4th.
One of the most memorable moments of The Dark Knight Rises was the intense fight scene between Christian Bale's Batman and Tom Hardy's Bane in the sewers of Gotham City. In anticipation of the Blu-ray and DVD release December 4, Warner Home Video has unleashed 45 new photos that break down this fight sequence shot-by-shot. These images will be included as a part of the special features on the Blu-ray and DVD sets. Take a look at this superhero beat-down from a number of angles you have never seen before, then click on the gallery for even more shots.

Bane Vs. Batman: Anatomy of A Fight Photo 1
Bane Vs. Batman: Anatomy of A Fight Photo 2
Bane Vs. Batman: Anatomy of A Fight Photo 3
Bane Vs. Batman: Anatomy of A Fight Photo 4
Bane Vs. Batman: Anatomy of A Fight Photo 5
Bane Vs. Batman: Anatomy of A Fight Photo 6
Bane Vs. Batman: Anatomy of A Fight Photo 7
Bane Vs. Batman: Anatomy of A Fight Photo 8
Bane Vs. Batman: Anatomy of A Fight Photo 9
Bane Vs. Batman: Anatomy of A Fight Photo 10
Bane Vs. Batman: Anatomy of A Fight Photo 11
Bane Vs. Batman: Anatomy of A Fight Photo 12
Bane Vs. Batman: Anatomy of A Fight Photo 13

The Dark Knight Rises was released July 20th, 2012 and stars Tom Hardy, Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Liam Neeson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Gary Oldman, Marion Cotillard, Morgan Freeman. The film is directed by Christopher Nolan.

Sources: Warner Home Video

1. Nicholaus XX

@narrator@ghostman -- Psh, it didn't even have "ambition".

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

2. Sean

I wish it was December 4th already. I want to get this movie on Blu-ray already!

1 year agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

Agreed, @ghostman. Fortunately, I doubt that'll be the case for Nolan's next immediate project, which is rumored to revolve around J. Edgar Hoover. Then again, that may be his next films downfall -a lack of ambition. Too little or too much are both dangerous. Yet another reason why TDK worked so well, in my opinion.

Pretty decent cast, @tomp1210, if one can look past replacing the Joker and having two stars from Twilight (which I might be bale to do). The only real problem is your choice in lead for me, but w/e. I wouldn't choose any of them as my first choice, but I've definitely seen worse, man.

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

4. Tomp1210

@ghostman http://www.hark.com/clips/qdwfhfrswv-this-may-be-solid-gold-but-to-us-its-lighter-than-air

lol

1 year agoby @tomp1210Flag

5. Tomp1210

@aoshi Yeh I totally agree - like I kept saying the 'Alfred knowing the inner workings of the league of shadows' and 'robin just knowing he was batman' stuff is ridiculous. Anatomy of a fight scene? Well here it's just - director>characters, bane more stealthy? and outmatching him in speed? it worked for the scene though, really pissed me off lol.

1 year agoby @tomp1210Flag

6. aoshi

@ghostman Begins is better than Rises, it's almost at the level of TDK. TDKR is still a good movie with a great ending, but it has too many technical goofs and plotholes to realistically put it above any of the other two.

1 year agoby @aoshiFlag

@ghostman He'll need an escape rope

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

8. Ghostman

@bawnian-dexeus If so, he has to go deeper.

1 year agoby @ghostmanFlag

@ghostman Unless he's trying to top Inception

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

10. Ghostman

@narrator Good points made. I just hope Nolan doesn't try topping this film by making his next movie even more ambition and in the end have it collapse under it's weight.

1 year agoby @ghostmanFlag

When it comes to ambition, @ghostman, sure, TDKR has it over Begin's. Unfortunately, that's all it's got. Begins was cleaner (editing wise, and less plot holes), deeper (actual depth, not desperate attempts to be greek tragedy turned gothic), and more symbolic than Rises by several football field (zing!). People simply looked for depth in Rises because they've become familiar with Nolan's work, but Begins was so much more elemental than the third installment could ever pretend to be. It just wasn't dissected as much by fanboys upon its release.

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

12. Ghostman

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx What? You think Begins is better than Rises? Dude, TDKR has so much story depth, and action than BB. In fact, here's how I rank the trilogy: 1.TDK 2. TDKR 3. BB

1 year agoby @ghostmanFlag

@bawnian-dexeus Sup.

@thedude-abides It's not isolated. @brian, we've got a problem here, man. Sh*t freezes up, I'm getting messages on my browser about shockwave or whatever plugin timing out. It's something with Movieweb, because it happens on both Safari and Chrome.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

14. thedude-abides

@dan1 From what I understand, it's rampant. @bawnian-dexeus has been pretty vocal about it as well. I'm not sure if @brian and @movieweb are taking the problem serious or not, or if they think it's just me experiencing this problem and aren't really all that concerned about getting it resolved, but now that their #1, 2, and 5 users all-time are saying the same thing, perhaps it won't be too much longer before things are back to normal.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

@thedude-abides Ok, so it's not just me.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

16. thedude-abides

@dan1 Say no more. I know exactly what you mean. Who knows, if @brian and @movieweb can't get this page freezing bug worked out soon, I may have to call it quits altogether. It's disrupting my browser every time I log in. I can't access reviews, forums, and often times my own profile without the page stalling out.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

17. Nicholaus XX

@ghostman -- Of course; we all knew that. But, the fact that it didn't even hold up well against "Batman Begins" is the killer blow.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

@thedude-abides We'll see how it goes. I needed the break.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

19. thedude-abides

@ghostman Well, I'm glad you liked it.

@dan1 People have been asking me all day what I give thanks for. Now I can answer by saying I give thanks for your long-awaited return to the site. Welcome back, man. Hope this finds you sticking around for some time to come.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

20. Ghostman

@thedude-abides The film lived up to my expectations. I knew it wouldn't be as great as TDK, but I enjoyed it for what it was: an entertaining summer action blockbuster.

1 year agoby @ghostmanFlag

Hey, this movie looks pretty cool, when is it..... oh that's right, I saw this already.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

22. moviemouse

awesome scene! you could rely feel batman's anger when his punches where having no effect on bane what so ever, if people didn't like this movie what is it they go to the cinema for??? it was incredibly entertaining

1 year agoby @moviemouseFlag

23. thedude-abides

4 months removed from a subpar film that lived up to absolutely no one's expectations and we're still talking about this one?

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

You fight like a young man!

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

25. AYLAGA5

Lovely

1 year agoby @aylagas55Flag

26. ROFLitschristian

One of the most haunting and well executed scenes in the entire movie. Can't wait to add it to my collection!

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag