'The Avengers 2' Eyes Emily Blunt and Ruth Wilson for Ms. Marvel

The British actresses are the top two contenders for this sought-after role in the upcoming Marvel Studios sequel.
Emily Blunt may star as Ms. Marvel in The Avengers 2
Emily Blunt may star as Ms. Marvel in The Avengers 2
We still have several years of waiting before The Avengers 2 hits theaters in 2015, and we know that the main cast members of Marvel's The Avengers will be reprising their superhero roles. Today, a new report reveals British actresses Emily Blunt and Ruth Wilson are the front runners to play Ms. Marvel in the sequel.

The character first appeared in a 1968 issue of the Marvel Super-Heroes comic book as Major Carol Daniels, a member of the U.S. Air Force. While the character originally didn't have any super powers, she was exposed to an explosion of a Kree device that turned her into a human-Kree hybrid.

This is the first we're hearing about this character's inclusion in the upcoming sequel, and the news has not been confirmed by Marvel Studios as of yet, so treat this as a rumor for now. We'll be sure to keep you posted on any new developments regarding The Avengers 2.

Emily Blunt can currently be seen in the sci-fi thriller Looper. Ruth Wilson is starring in the upcoming Anna Karenina, Saving Mr. Banks, and The Lone Ranger.

Avengers: Age of Ultron comes to theaters May 1st, 2015 and stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr., Elizabeth Olsen, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Cobie Smulders, Jeremy Renner. The film is directed by Joss Whedon.

Sources: The Daily Mail

1. darksektor1971

Sexy Emily...yes please!

1 year agoby @darksektor1971Flag

Hell no to both of them. I love Blunt and I enjoy Wilson in "Luther", but neither of them physically or characteristically embody Carol Danvers. Get a legitimate blonde and one who actually knows the material, unknown or not.

2 years agoby @narratorFlag

@moviemouse You made your point. Moving on?

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

4. moviemouse

@skywise in what part of our conversation am i trying to convince him not be who he is?? i just don't like the way he comments sometimes and that's all there is to it

2 years agoby @moviemouseFlag

Welcome to the Internet

@moviemouse ahh well thats just who he is. Take it or leave it but trying to convince someone else that they should not be who they are is a pointless endeavor.

the high road.

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

7. moviemouse

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx ha there you go again calling me kid trying to patronize me you rely think you know it all don't you "god of movieweb" pfffffffffffffffffff

2 years agoby @moviemouseFlag

8. Nicholaus XX

@skywise -- Great points, all around. Much appreciated.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

9. Nicholaus XX

@moviemouse -- Says a random stranger over the internet.

How hurtful.

Terrible comeback, kid. Try again.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

10. moviemouse

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx and your not a real film critic learn to deal with that @skywise my problem isn't him expressing difference in opinion its the way he does it "I pity anyone that's going to be in this mess of a film" ???? he's so smug

2 years agoby @moviemouseFlag

11. THE JOKER

@bawnian-dexeus Yeah, both are pretty talented ladies I must say... But I think Blunt has the edge in ability to act. Like I said, it's a real toss up for me!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

@mcleve02 Basically, she's not hero material. Ok, I can understand that, but I'm sure much of the cast for these movies at one pont didn't "look the part" and they surprised the hell out of us. I'll keeo an open mind for Blunt, never seen anything with Ruth Wilson so I can't fully judge, and I would again throw in Ali Larter for the role, given her experience with heroine character personalities

13. THE JOKER

@skywise Lord knows I have had some pretty colorful ones! haha It's fun to use profanity and be negative every now and then!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

@mcleve02 Its just silly to think that people expect only positive comments on every story. Sh*t man, my negative comments are just as important! And generaly much more colorfull.

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

15. THE JOKER

@skywise They do have the option to either thumbs up or thumbs down for a reason... haha But I can't really say much I get along with all the parties on here... or at least I think I do anyways!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

16. THE JOKER

@bawnian-dexeus First off before I actually explain... *looks down and laughs* and you know why!

Now if you were to sit back and picture what Ms. Marvel would look like, or even for that matter look up her pictures. That Heroin look that they give the female characters. I think that Emily Blunt just looks too sweet... while we all know she is truly badass, she doesn't look like a Heroin figure. I think that Ruth Wilson does!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

@moviemouse I for one appreciate @XxNickTheFilmCriticXx views although they usually differ greatly from mine. What is the point of all this if we can't have a civil discusion over differing opinions.

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

@ROFLitschristian That would definatly work for me. And probably the only real way to do it in the world they have created.

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

19. Nicholaus XX

@moviemouse -- You bet =/= Reality. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but there's a difference.

Shocking, I know.

No, I don't. Go ahead, and see for yourself. Of course I will. A critic sees EVERY movie. It's an obligation. And who knows, maybe it'll actually be good this time around?

People comment on things they hate. Learn to deal with it.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

20. moviemouse

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx something we all do once and a while yes but we get it u hate the movie but i bet you will still insist on commenting on every bit of news we get, its like me constantly commenting on twilight articles do i like the movies? no so i don't comment or bother opening them and after all the negativity you will probably still go and watch it

2 years agoby @moviemouseFlag

21. Nicholaus XX

@moviemouse -- Because I can comment without liking the movie/decision/news?

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

22. Sean

@bawnian-dexeus It means when someone has more of the right look, than someone else does for a role in a movie.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

"Look more the part" What does that even mean? @mcleve02

24. Sean

@mcleve02 I would think Ruth Wilson would be the better choice for the role, because she would look more the part like you've said.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

25. moviemouse

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx if you found the avengers so "boring" why show any interest in any article related to its sequel??

2 years agoby @moviemouseFlag

26. THE JOKER

Tough choice... I feel like there are better choices out there... Emily Blunt I think has a little more talent, but I think Ruth Wilson would look more the part... But Joss Whedon is there, so I will have faith!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

27. T. King (Red Camera Man)

Emily Blunt for the role please! She's awesome! :-)

2 years agoby @redcameramanFlag

28. Josh

Welcome edition to the cast! Avengers 2 needs more badass women. Presumably, they would go with the newer Captain Marvel (black bodysuit, short hair) over the older Ms. Marvel look. I pictured a blonde actress in the role, but I also really love Blunt, so it would be interesting to see her go blonde, like Scarlett went red for Avengers.

2 years agoby @shuabertFlag