'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Set Photo Hints at a Strong FBI Presence

Director Marc Webb's latest look at the set finds the feds gunning for our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man in this Marvel sequel.
We know that Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) will have plenty to contend with in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, from the villainous Electro (Jamie Foxx), to Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), to a potential new love interest in Mary Jane Watson (Shailene Woodley). Director Marc Webb released sixth photo from the set today, teasing yet another potential thorn in Spidey's spandex-covered side: the FBI. Of course, we don't know for certain that the FBI is looking into the web-slinger's activities. It is possible that they could be investigating Oscorp. Perhaps even Aunt May (Sally Field) has a shady past we never knew about. At any rate, take a look at the latest image from the set of this Marvel superhero sequel.

The Amazing Spider-man 2 Set Photo 6

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was released May 2nd, 2014 and stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Felicity Jones, Paul Giamatti, Sally Field. The film is directed by Marc Webb.

Sources: Marc Webb

1. Writer220

these two look like cops playing FBI agents

1 year agoby @writer220Flag

2. Monkeyiron 2.0

@bawnian-dexeus it will just got to have faith my friend

1 year agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

3. undeadslayer4

he's screwed

1 year agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

@monkeyiron2-0 As long as Sony keeps pumping out movies, it won't

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

5. The_Crow2k

Looks terrible like everything else in this film or the previous one.

1 year agoby @the-crow2kFlag

6. Monkeyiron 2.0

@corey agreed @bawnian-dexeus when it happens i will comment you all over your profile

1 year agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

@ejk1 That was my thought process. He simply won't exist in it ever. And they have plenty of avengers to use in lieu of him, anyways.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

@rudy@dan1 I don't think Spider-Man has to exist in the MCU. They could make a passing reference to some kid "swinging" around Manhattan, but it's clear from the take of the films that he isn't needed.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

@rudy Or they never mention Spider-Man in Disney's MCU. Which is equally odd.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

10. Rudy

Here's the thing though, If they don't say this Spider-Man is actually in the MCU then that means that the MCU has their own spider-man and that's just gonna cause a big ass constipation with two spider-mans.

1 year agoby @rudyFlag

@corey Well, that's how I felt with the first movie. A wasted opportunity. Maybe you'll start feeling the same way then when they don't do that. I'm thinking in terms of how the studios would handle that, not how it fits in with the story. Maybe Disney won't care if Sony uses SHIELD, but I have my doubts.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

12. Corey W.

@dan1 That would be f*cking stupid. This trilogy is selling itself as "the untold story" and revolving around the secret of his parents. They better reveal they were SHIELD agents and play that angle, especially since they've set it up. If they done all this just to say they had close eyes with Osborn, it'd be a waste of perfect opportunity.

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

@corey They won't use that angle. They will say his parents had close ties with Norman Osborn, and likely leave it at that. I will be shocked if it's anything more.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

14. Corey W.

@dan1 I don't see why they won't use SHIELD. Since Parker's parents *spoiler* are agents of SHIELD I wouldn't be surprised to see the movie bring it up at some point. I can't see them ending the trilogy without SHIELD being mentioned as the twist at all.

And if the parents big secret or whatever isn't that they are SHIELD agents, I'll be put off completely because that's what is supposed to happen.

But these two dudes are nothing other than F.B.I agents.

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

They won't be SHIELD. SHIELD is being used in the MCU, and I just don't see both studios playing ball like that if Sony attempted it. Disney would put a stop to it or demand a big check. If they were able to use SHIELD, the first ASM would have referenced the organization since Parker's parents are part of it (traditionally).

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

16. Monkeyiron 2.0

@ejk1 then again maybe you are right but I won't be surprised when they go like "S.H.I.E.L.D."

1 year agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

17. Monkeyiron 2.0

@ejk1 remember when the s.h.i.e.l.d. agents in THor went by the FBI and in Incredible Hulk the was referenced as a the C.I.A in capt.america

1 year agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

@monkeyiron2-0 No, I'm fairly certain you're reading too much into things.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

19. Monkeyiron 2.0

@ejk1 that's what they want you to think

1 year agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

20. Roberto Mata

They don't look like FBI agents, they look awkward and somewhat funny looking. I wonder what or who the FBI is investigating, Norman Osborn perhaps?

1 year agoby @Roberto-MataFlag

@monkeyiron2-0 FBI, judging from the badges that say FBI.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

22. ROFLitschristian

@bawnian-dexeus But if you hit the "Page Up" and "Page Down" keys back and forth really quick, it looks like they're shoving the badges in your face!

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

23. ROFLitschristian

How does this hint at a strong F.B.I. presence? Does one photo of a spider hint at a strong presence of Spiders? Get your chiz together, guys.

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

@narrator About how I felt with the first one :P

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

25. Monkeyiron 2.0

F.B.I or S.H.I.E.L.D. ;)

1 year agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

This whole double posting is getting tired fast

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

They look equally constipated and bored... seems legit.

1 year agoby @narratorFlag