'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Confirms Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn

Director Marc Webb announced the news on his Twitter page, as the cast begins to fill out on this superhero sequel.
Last month, we reported that Chronicle star Dane DeHaan was one of the top candidates to play Harry Osborn in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, along with Brady Corbet (Melancholia), and Alden Ehrenreich (Beautiful Creatures). Today, director Marc Webb revealed on his Twitter page that Dane DeHaan has landed the role.

We also reported last month that Sam Claflin, Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth, and Boyd Holbrook were in contention for this coveted role, before they decided on Dane DeHaan. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are reprising their roles as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy.

Marc Webb is directing from a screenplay by Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, and Jeff Pinkner, although it isn't known when production will begin.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 comes to theaters May 2nd, 2014 and stars Martin Sheen, Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield, Dane DeHaan, Stan Lee, Sarah Gadon, Felicity Jones, Jamie Foxx. The film is directed by Marc Webb.

Sources: Marc Webb

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx I would love buy you a cup of coffee or tea sometime

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

Oh how the actors in their middle 20s and early 30's can play teen characters. But that is of course the curse of Spidey, no?

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

@ghostman Now why on Earth would anyone want to compare the reboot and the Raimi?

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

4. Brandon S. Todd

I like this choice for Harry Osborn. I do wonder how they will incorporate Norman and Harry Osborn if the villian is going to be Electro. I'm hoping they just go with Green Goblin and go ahead and kill Gwen Stacy in this sequel. It would be implausible if Harry Osborn is in the sequel, with no mention or sight of Norman Osborn. They need to just go with the Green Goblin and explain all the sh*t they left hanging in the first one. The last one felt incomplete. Oh yeah, Marc Webb, put the Daily Bugle and J.Jonah Jameson in there. Make a Spiderman movie, not 500 Days of Summer with Spiderman in it.

1 year agoby @brandon-scott-toddFlag

5. Nicholaus XX

@felipe-11 -- I wish I had a video featuring bad acting in a critically-panned movie, and do a side-by-side comparison featuring the favored movies that feature the aforementioned.

It would be interesting, to say the least.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

6. Replicant

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Just from our previous discussion you called The Terminator a failure. I don't care if you used that exact word or not, I'm not getting into that discussion again.

Saying the movie "failed" to meet YOUR critical expectations is completely valid, but that's about it.

1 year agoby @felipe-11Flag

7. greyhame

Although, I didn't really like the first one I am curious to see what direction they take this series. In my opinion Dane is a great choice as Harry, I'm sure he'll do fine.

1 year agoby @greyhame27Flag

8. Nicholaus XX

@felipe-11 -- I only remember calling one, or two movies failures. Care to show a source, as regards to your "backbone" to prove the contrary?

You make a good point, and it's hard for me to counter that, but I already did, and am in no hurry to repeat myself.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

9. Replicant

Awesome news, he was top notch in Lawless and Chronicle.

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Again with your supposed "failures"?
    "The Amazing Spider-Man received mostly positive reviews by critics upon release."
    "Generally favorable reviews."
    7.3 on IMDB
    73% on RT
    $752 million at the box office

HOW THE HELL is that a failure, in ANY way?
    I respect that you don't like certain movies, but you need to stop calling every movie you don't like a failure.

@thedude1 It's very true what you say about multiple viewings, that in mind, I've already seen this one three times and I can definitely say it holds up to several viewings (much more than The Avengers and TDKR for that matter).

1 year agoby @felipe-11Flag

10. MovieManiac

I was hoping Ezra Miller but i can follow this too.

1 year agoby @moviemaniac66Flag

11. CelluloidDreams

Who the hell is Dane DeHaan?!?!?

1 year agoby @2movieguysFlag

12. Nicholaus XX

@ejk1 -- Nah, I just need some sleep. I'll get around to that, later.

@ghostman -- Yes, I did. Mainly from an acting, and script perspective. The execution of everything else was about the same, though.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx You really should see someone about that problem you're having. It could be a tumor.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

14. Ghostman

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Seriously? You thought Spider-Man 3 was better? Opinions are opinions. Here's how I rank the four:
    1. Spider-Man 2
    2. The Amazing Spider-Man
    3. Spider-Man
    4. Spider-Man 3

1 year agoby @ghostmanFlag

15. Nicholaus XX

@ejk1 -- Ah. From remembrance, it was the other way around. Must be the mental haziness kicking in. It's Tyler Durden all over again.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

16. Nicholaus XX

@ghostman -- I was never positive. I was never the one that sided with optimism. I'll remain open-minded, and if it turns out good, I'll gladly admit I was wrong. But, I'm not holding my breath. I'm giving this movies a chance, I'm just critiquing as I go. It's hard to compliment when all their giving me is cliched plot scenarios, miscasts, and dull marketing.

Damn me for taking all of the above into consideration. No, it wasn't. Spider-Man 3 was noticeably better. And even I can't believe I resorted to saying that.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx I already said that I fear that you wouldn't remember because of your earlier mental haziness. I'm only trying to protect you. Geez, you really need to relax sometimes.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

18. Nicholaus XX

@ejk1 -- I'm starting to get the notion you had nothing to say at all. Well, that's disappointing.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

19. Ghostman

@ejk1 Okay, okay...I'll get the leftovers.

1 year agoby @ghostmanFlag

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx No I wouldn't.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

@ghostman Hey, leave him alone. I'm playing with him at the moment!

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

22. Nicholaus XX

@ejk1 -- You'd be surprised. Now, go on.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

23. Ghostman

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx "I have no faith." what the hell man? Where's the "open-minded, positive, glass half full" kind of guy you used to be? Look, I know you hate a majority of movies (Avengers, TASM, TDKR, Star Trek Into Darkness, etc, etc) but you gotta lighten up a bit and give these movies a chance. Who knows, maybe Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be a better movie and fix the faults it had in the first film. It's way better than Spider-Man 3 that's for sure.

1 year agoby @ghostmanFlag

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Hmm...considering how you don't seem to know what to make of things today, I'm not sure you'll retain anything I say.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

25. Nicholaus XX

@ejk1 -- Yes, please.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

26. Nicholaus XX

@ejk1 -- Go on.

@dan1 -- Redbox?

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

I've yet to see the reboot.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag