'The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn' Trailer

Jamie Bell stars as a young reporter who gets mixed up in the evil dealings of Daniel Craig's Red Rackham in Steven Spielberg's 3D adventure.
Paramount Pictures has debuted the first trailer for the highly-anticipated 3D tale The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn, which arrives in theaters across the country on December 23. Click on the video player below for your first glimpse at director Steven Spielberg's new adventure, which stars Jamie Bell as Tintin and Daniel Craig as the nefarious Red Rackham.

Paramount Pictures and Columbia Pictures Present a 3D Motion Capture Film The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn directed by Steven Spielberg from a screenplay by Steven Moffat and Edgar Wright & Joe Cornish. Starring Jamie Bell (Billy Elliot, Defiance) as Tintin, the intrepid young reporter whose relentless pursuit of a good story thrusts him into a world of high adventure, and Daniel Craig (Quantum of Solace, Defiance) as the nefarious Red Rackham.

The Adventures of Tintin was released December 21st, 2011 and stars Daniel Craig, Simon Pegg, Jamie Bell, Cary Elwes, Andy Serkis, Nick Frost, Tony Curran, Sebastian Roché. The film is directed by Steven Spielberg.

Sources: Apple

1. Kllrgldfzh

my intrest have gone up some, not much just some!!

3 years agoby @kllrgldfzhFlag

2. Zak Lee Ferguson

actually cant wait now!

3 years agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

3. The Boondock Saint

@nautical05 I try to watch most stuff in 3D. sometimes it just doesn't interest me though.Like I didn't see TRON in 3d, not seeing green lantern 3d, not seeing captain america 3d, didn't see thor in 3D, Didn't see last airbender in 3D, and I didn't see clash of the titans in 3D either. I only see it when it looks like it can actually improve the film quality. Like AVATAR and TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON.

3 years agoby @combatmadness360Flag

4. Nautical

@combatmadness360 Yeah this movie is going to be SICK in 3D. At first i was against the whole 3D thing but now i try to watch everything in 3D.

3 years agoby @nautical05Flag

5. Replicant

Wow, that looks amazing!

3 years agoby @felipe-11Flag

6. moviegeek

@2movieguys I'm a TinTin addict. So there's one more for ya. And a new movie will draw people back to the source material if they don't already know what it is. After you read them, you'll be on our side. It WILL be epic.

3 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

7. Diaigma

@bawnian-dexeus - good man :)
    @shuabert - glad to know you, @moviegeek and I are on the same page :P

3 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

@diaigma After June 30, 200,000,001 copies sold :)

9. Josh

@2movieguys I grew up reading Tin Tin and watching the animated series. I'm crazy excited for this. Though this teaser doesn't show much, the animation is great and it looks to be in the spirit of the source material.

3 years agoby @shuabertFlag

10. Diaigma

@kguy - nice! You've already got happy jig down! :P

@2movieguys - "acll?" "Ewent?"

3 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

11. Monkeyiron 2.0

WHAT THE F*CK..............is all i said

3 years agoby @Monkey-ironFlag

12. K.Guy

As I was saying, Yohoho and a bottle of rum December 23rd here we come!

3 years agoby @kguyFlag

13. CelluloidDreams

The animation creeps me out!!! But how can you acll this an "Evvent"!!!???

3 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

14. Diaigma

::removes @kguy's gag::
    Sorry, man. Forgot I left that on :P

For someone who doesn't care that much about Tintin, you're sure raising a stink about it, @2movieguys. Whether you like it or not, this is going to be incredible. :P

In answer to your question (even though you won't respond), people of all ages, with a world wide fan base spanning 80 years with 200 million copies sold.

Hate to break it to you, but you can't speak for the rest of the world :P

3 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

15. J.P.

@2movieguys Diagma has read it.

3 years agoby @jptheredskullFlag

16. CelluloidDreams

Just because it is directed by Steven Spielberg, and Peter Jackson's company Weta Digital will provide the animation and special effects ....does not mean it will be "EPIC" or even "AWSOME" .....

I have talked to several people between the ages of 25 - 65 ...and not one person ever heard of "Tintin" ....everyone thinks I'm talking about Rin Tin Tin from the 1920s and 1930s!!

I was born and raised in Germany .....came to America when I was 10 and I honestly don't recall hearing, or even reading "TinTin" ... from more research, The series is one of the most popular European comics of the 20th century ..... I would like to know with whom!??!

Has anybody on here actually read "The Adventures of Tintin" ..!??!?

3 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

17. K-Man

That wasn't nearly as cool as I thought it would be......not in the least. With Spielberg directing and Jackson producing, I was expecting something waaaaayyyyyyy more epic than this trailer.
    Perhaps they are just holding back because we still have 7 months to go before it's release and they dont want to give away too much of the good stuff this early on.....but still, this was kind of lame.

Nevertheless, I'm still looking forward to the finished result because I'm sure it will be good. They just need a better trailer next time.

3 years agoby @k-manFlag

18. K.Guy

*still gagged*.

3 years agoby @kguyFlag

19. CUPID

I dont know anything about Tintin and am not amazed at anything (yet) except that its directed by Spielberg, but it does look good .

3 years agoby @cupidFlag

20. darksektor1971

OH MY!....NEVER EXPECTED SOMETHING LIKE THIS....OMG!...I ALWAYS WANDERED HOW TIN WAS GOING TO LOOK A LIKE....AMAIZING!

3 years agoby @darksektor1971Flag

21. fanboy

Being looking forward to this for ages! Looks amazing and can't wait for a full length trailer.

3 years agoby @fanboyFlag

22. Diaigma

@movieweb - this trailer is slightly better.

3 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

23. Major Tom

@shuabert To reference you from another article:
    Sh*t just got real.

3 years agoby @movie-nutFlag

24. Daveactor7

Most anticipated for me is Super 8, but this looks great havent seen a work directed by Spielberg in a while

3 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

25. phatalphd

WAY better then what I was anticipating.

3 years agoby @phatalphdFlag

26. moviegeek

this will be crazy good. I can't wait for the full trailer that will most likely come with Transformers :D

3 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

27. jhonnymoe

@ J_A_OTTLEY...didn'y jizzed..but definately got a wood after watching this...can't wait for a full fledged trailer...i m very eager to listen & look what they done with Capt'n Haddock..he is gonna be the trump card charecter.loved the little glimpse of the Thompson boys. :)

3 years agoby @jhonnymoeFlag

28. CelluloidDreams

Looks OK!!! ...Nothing to jump up and down and shout about!! Again "Tintin" is based on a series of kiddie books age 9-12 .... I could take it or leave it!

3 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

29. J.P.

@jayaottley I sure every jizzed there pants. It's gonna be a great christmas.

3 years agoby @jptheredskullFlag

30. Diaigma

@jayaottley - me! :P

@jptheredskull, @narrator, @bawnian-dexeus - didn't faint, sorry, but I am highly impressed. While the trailer didn't exactly reveal a whole lot, I recognized every single scene as coming from the source material. This might very well be the most eye-friendly 3D feature I know of, since the CGI is seamlessly textured with the characters. They even look like the comics! If you're going to do performance capture, this is the way to go, not the CG copy of real actors like zemeckis did.

In short, this remains my most anticipated watch of 2011! :)

3 years agoby @diaigmaFlag