'The A-Team' Sequel Won't Happen Says Bradley Cooper

The Fox remake just didn't create 'enough revenue' to warrant a follow-up to Joe Carnahan's action-adventure.
Bradley Cooper says there will be no sequel to The A-Team
Bradley Cooper says there will be no sequel to The A-Team
Fans of last summer's action remake The A-Team will be disappointed to learn that a sequel will not be happening. Bradley Cooper, who played "Face," is promoting his new movie Limitless and said there will not be a follow-up to The A-Team. Here's what he had to say in a recent interview.

"I loved it too. But unfortunately, outside of you, a few of your friends and myself, there just wasn't enough revenue to supply a second instalment of that franchise."

The A-Team took in $177.1 million worldwide from a $110 million production budget, which does not include marketing costs. The profit margin is, apparently, just not high enough to allow for a sequel to be made. A direct-to-video sequel with an all-new cast? Maybe.

The A-Team was released June 11th, 2010 and stars Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Jessica Biel, Quinton Jackson, Sharlto Copley, Patrick Wilson, Gerald McRaney, Henry Czerny. The film is directed by Joe Carnahan.

1. Neil Gosling

im not happy to find out that there is not going to be a Sequel to the a team that suck it was such a dam good film i was looking forward to the sequel as i loved the a team film so huch they have to make the sequle and keep the same cast as the first film full stop

2 years agoby @Neil-GoslingFlag

2. Monkeyiron 2.0

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2 years agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

3. Christopher Biocca

That sucks. They spent $110 mil in making the movie and they got back $177.1 mil worldwide. It seems to me that they got back their $110 mil plus extra. Fox needs to realize that if they make a direct to video sequel, with a different cast, that it's guaranteed to crash and burn. People need to tell Fox to just use the cast they had in the first one and make a sequel. The 2010 A-Team movie was awesome, and a sequel would just as awesome, if not better. I'll admit, when I first heard that Liam Neeson was cast as Hannibal Smith, I had my doubts. But when I saw the movie, and how well he played the part, minus the odd disguises, I think that he played the character fantastically. Sharlto Copely was an excellent Murdock. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson was an awesome B.A. And Bradly Cooper played a really cool Faceman. These guys did this movie really well together. To get anybody else, would destroy a potential sequel

3 years agoby @Christopher-BioccaFlag

4. LuxoIII

What?! Nooo!!!

3 years agoby @brady1138Flag

5. Jimthar

aw this is a damn shame. i really enjoyed this movie was was looking forward to another one. it's a great popcorn action flick and the cast was great, despite what many of the idiots below are saying. and for those who thought the story was sh*t.......exactly what do you think the story should have been?? please enlighten us with all your infinate wisdom and moviemaking expertise. it was a movie based on a tv show about men who do jobs that no one else will do. ok, so how exactly did they falter?

3 years agoby @jimtharFlag

6. Irishweapon

SenTox are you retarded? How else could they have casted that? I expected it to be bad and I was actually surprised

3 years agoby @IrishweaponFlag

7. Upsmann44

Very angry, was hoping for a sequel because all of the actors wanted to do it maybe in the future.

3 years agoby @upsmann44Flag

8. TheMime

Not a good news, this is. Looking forward to a sequel, The Mime has been.

3 years agoby @themimeFlag

9. Gandoff

The A-team was not the best movie out there. But it was a decently good action movie. There was only two things for me that was wrong with the script. One, about the time you find out who all the main bad guys was, you knew it right before it happend. And two, the whole B.A. not wanting to hurt anyone and such. That was the two biggest mistakes in story. As for anything eles, I thought it was pretty good. The end fight was more in line with the TV show, as they set up stuff. But I loved the two "mission" type fighting. The Truck Heist and the Bust out of Jail set up.

3 years agoby @gandoffFlag

10. RojoDiablo

I do think the casting wasn't perfect but besides that it wasn't all that bad, I mean I didn't exactly love it but I think disaster is a bit harsh. I can live without seeing a sequel though but I'm thinking a better reboot in another decade or so could be the better option.

3 years agoby @rojodiabloFlag

11. SenTox

Wow! What a f*cking shocker. /rolls eyes

Anyone who is surprised by this should have their head examined. This movie was an absolute disaster and shouldn't even be classified as the A-Team.

The casting was horrible, the story was horrible nothing was of any interest. Every single thing about the movie was f*cking ugly.

Destroying the A-Team van from the start was stupid. Having BA not hurt anyone was incredibly retarded and the list goes on and on.

Thank the f*ck there is no sequel and this will be forgotten and remade a decade from now.

3 years agoby @sentoxFlag

12. Monkeyiron 2.0

3 years agoby @Monkey-ironFlag

13. Furankisan

I was hoping at least it would do good overseas for them to go ahead with the sequel. These guys made a great team. Shame too now that Liam is considered an "Action Star" some headless suit might have given this a chance. I remember seeing this as a kid and as a 70's/80's tv show made to big screen this was one of the better ones. damned again...

3 years agoby @furankisanFlag

14. thedude-abides

Some movies the trailers may as well be warning signs for. They come with an implied subtext that reads along the lines of a caution label. Needless to say, those movies I go nowhere near. The first A-Team was one of those movies.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is that the studio is shying away from a sequel because of money, and not because of the fact that the first inevitably sucked, despite my having seen it. My opinion. Please no derogatory laced hate replies :(

3 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

15. The Kwisatz Haderach

that sucks, really enjoyed the first one, good cast, good story

3 years agoby @the-kwisatz-haderachFlag

16. RocknRolla

I'm disappointed as well. I thougth the cast was perfect, there was good chemistry, & there was the perfect balance between action/comedy. Def one of the best movies in a summer full of dull movies. I even enjoyed this movie more than The Expendables & I had higher expectations for The Expendables.(Not saying I didn't like The Expendables mind you, I just like The A-Team movie better)

3 years agoby @rocknrollaFlag

17. Cripple

And Jon Hamm would have been the bad guy!!! How awesome would that have been?!

3 years agoby @crippleFlag

18. Cripple

This movie kicked ass, this news makes me sad.

3 years agoby @crippleFlag

19. Christopher George

Movie politics!!!! They made enough to make a second one,I loved the tv show as a kid and loved the movie,hopefully they will decide to make a second one,very well made movie the cast was perfect!! Plus if you check out the opening credits you will notice Ridley Scott and Tony Scott helped produce it mybe one or both of them will direct a sequel.....just mybe could be a long shot.

3 years agoby @Christopher-GeorgeFlag

This is disappointing, especially since the next installment would have been true A-Team material. By that I mean they would've been the good guy mercenaries they were on the TV show.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

The first one was highly forgettable...a few days after watching i could hardly remeber what went on so it was mediocre at best. This news does not surprise me. I hope this trend in remakes and reboots continues to decline and those so called "artists" get busy and start creating some original movies.

3 years agoby @skywiseFlag

22. fanboy

Well this is disappointing, for I enjoyed the 1st one

3 years agoby @fanboyFlag

23. Corey W.

I think one was good enough. I liked it, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't want another.

3 years agoby @coreyFlag

@thedarkknight23 Copley has 'Elysium' in the pipeline as we speak. Don't worry, he has a bright future in SciFi movies, at the least :P

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

25. The Dark Knight

Murdock was great though, lets hope Sharlto Copley gets more roles

3 years agoby @thedarkknight23Flag

To be fair, friends and family of mine that were fans of the original show really liked the movie, told me it embodied the show's spirit just fine. I never did like the show myself, though, and thought maybe the movie would change my mind. It didn't, but I've seen worse. So I let them enjoy their movie without giving them sh*t :P

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

27. m2

that sucks

3 years agoby @m2Flag

28. justincase

too bad. definitely enjoyed the first outing.

3 years agoby @justincaseFlag