'Tangled' Character Profile Featuring Rapunzel

Disney's classic character gets a new twist in this upcoming animated movie.
We've been provided with a brand new character profile video for the upcoming animated movie Tangled, which will arrive in theaters nationwide on November 24. Check it out below!

Rapunzel may have lived her entire life locked inside a hidden tower, but Rapunzel is no damsel in distress. The girl with the 70 feet of golden hair is an energetic, inquisitive teenager who fills her days with art, books, and imagination. Rapunzel is full of curiosity about the outside world, and she can't help but feel that her true destiny lies outside of the lonely tower walls. Rapunzel has always obeyed Mother Gothel by staying hidden away and keeping her magical hair a secret... but with her 18th birthday just a day away, she is fed up with her sheltered life and ready for adventure. When a charming thief seeks refuge in her tower, Rapunzel defies Gothel and seizes the opportunity to answer the call of the kingdom. With the unwilling Flynn Rider along for the journey, Rapunzel leaves the tower for the first time, and begins a hilarious, hair-raising journey that will untangle many secrets along the way.

Tangled was released November 24th, 2010 and stars Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi, Donna Murphy, Ronny Pearlman, M.C. Gainey, Jeffrey Tambor, Brad Garrett, Paul F. Tompkins. The film is directed by Nathan Greno, Byron Howard.

1. Diaigma

It's about time that Disney's not relying on a crutch (Pixar) anymore. From the technical aspects, the music, the plot, and overall specs I've seen and heard on this, it may just be Disney's best in almost 20 years. What's left is to actually see the final product, which I'm surprisingly excited for :P

4 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

2. Rufio

would have more faith in it if it were a pixar/disney flick, but it looks ok all-in-all. i'll probably being seeing it.

4 years agoby @rufioFlag

3. Diaigma

Just noticed the tab ad for this post:
    "Disney's classic character gets a new twist in this upcoming animated movie."
    Disney's classic character? Rapunzel itself is not a Disney creation, guys. Come on :P

4 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

4. Diaigma

That might need further explanation. Elsewhere, though. No need to flood this post :P

4 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

I wouldn't mind him, @Diaigma.

4 years agoby @dan1Flag

6. Diaigma

Who exactly are you talking to, @Spongebob_Boxofficepants?

4 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

7. Spongebob_Boxofficepants

men, certain animated, musical and family films makes you like this but other films in the mentioned genre dislikes it
    why do you hate other films in that genre while you love Disney in that genre!

4 years agoby @spongebob-boxofficepantsFlag

8. DoubleR0522

THIS LOOKS GOOD AFTER ALL

4 years agoby @doubler0522Flag

9. Diaigma

Normally I'd agree with you, @Moviemaniac66 - but Alan Menkin is doing the musical aspect for this. You know. Little Mermaid, B and the B, Aladdin . . . the movies that basically got Disney out of their financial woes. And with Mandy Moore? Come on! I'm not worried in the least . . . in fact, I have the specs down on the plot of this story and I'm 100% okay with it. It's the kind of retelling of Rapunzel that I would do. That's saying a lot :P

4 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

@moviemaniac66 As long as its funny and entertaining, that doesn't bother me. But yeah, it is a bit misleading.

4 years agoby @dan1Flag

11. MovieManiac

Disney is not telling people that this movie is actually a musical. I like Disney's old movie musicals, so i know that i will enjoy this movie, but i think that people are going to be pissed off because this movie isn't advertising the musical aspect of the film.

4 years agoby @moviemaniac66Flag

12. Diaigma

You know what, @supes1 . . . I agree with you :)
    It's about time Disney returned to their fairytale "roots" :P

4 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

13. Ahraman

@TheREALsupes,
    Yeh How To Train Your Dragon was great and I think this will definitely do as well, if not better. The trailers so far have been fantastic. I don't think there will be anything surprising about its success. Very much looking forward to this one.

4 years agoby @ahramanFlag

I'm beginning to think this may be like How To Train Your Dragon, and be a surprise hit. We shall see.

4 years agoby @dan1Flag