Sylvester Stallone Talks 'The Expendables 2'

The writer/director/star talks about his plans for a sequel to his box office hit.
Sylvester Stallone talks The Expendables 2
Sylvester Stallone talks The Expendables 2
With The Expendables ruling over the weekend box office, Sylvester Stallone is already gearing up for a sequel, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Sylvester Stallone says about the sequel:

"It's plotted out in my mind's eye. I believe this group has to continue to evolve; it just can't become the same people. So how do you get new people introduced into the group, and how do you have some of the other people leaving? Those are the challenges."

Check out the entire article here.

The Expendables was released August 13th, 2010 and stars Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Eric Roberts, Randy Couture, Steve Austin, David Zayas. The film is directed by Sylvester Stallone.

1. Hightower Erbuberkerix

movourous and maginifent

2 years agoby @Hightower-ErbuberkerixFlag

2. CaptMal

Firstly, thanks Sly for The Expendables. About time! All originals stars are awesome, if you take someone out, please leave Dolph as I understand peoples views on him, but I think the dude has character; remember he is HeMan and the Punisher. Also more Rourke please, plus of course Willis as the baddy would be sweet and what a groovy return for Arnie to be back in it. JCVD, I think would be great, but not in a show off role, he does well with serious action. otherwise, maybe add Carl Weathers, Michael Jai White, Kurt Russel, Ray Stephensen would rock & maybe Quinton Jackson. But, please oh please oh please leave Charisma in it and give her more of an actual acting role and put her in tougher action roles where she wears leather; she is very hot!!!! Also maybe add Jovovich or Summer Glau or Famke or all three; maybe a chick Expendable group.

3 years agoby @CaptMalFlag

3. MrP

If you read this or if someone who knows him reads this Mr T is an absolute must. And its not like he doesn't still know him any more. Mr T stated on a UK programme that when he was struck by Cancer he was deserted by everyone except.......Sly.

4 years agoby @mrpFlag

4. MrP

I forgot Mary Elizabeth Mastrontonionionionoh

4 years agoby @mrpFlag

5. MrP

Possibles wimmin folk
    Sigourney Weaver
    Catherine Mary Stewart
    Linda Hamilton
    Angela Bassett
    Kirsty Alley
    Marge doubleburger with cheese (CSI Vagas)
    Famke Jansen
    Jamie Leigh Curtis

4 years agoby @mrpFlag

6. MrP

Possibles Michael Jai White
    Mel Gibson
    Brian Thompson
    Olivier Grunner
    Jackie Chan
    Sonny Landham if hes still breathing
    Lou Ferrigno
    Bo Svensen
    Billy Blanks
    Clint Walker

4 years agoby @mrpFlag

7. MrP

LMFAO who had a hit on the head and listed Connor McCloud as a real person?

4 years agoby @mrpFlag

I want Mila Jovovich to be an Expendable

9. Superman81

Why does every Scott Pilgrim fan come on to an Expendables movie page and try to compare? Give it up!! Scott Pilgrim was never going to be #1, its #5 and if it didn't do good enough the first time why would they make a sequel?

4 years agoby @superman81Flag

10. Monkeyiron

I wish there's was a sequel for Scott Pilgrim,Oh and good luck for the expandables

4 years agoby @monkeyironFlag

Oh sh*t!!!! Sigourney Weaver would be epic :D

12. Superman81

I don't see how SP can be upset it didn't win the weekend. Stallone is a proven actor and has the creds to back it up. Michael Cera cant carry a movie by himself. He is a co star at best. And I actually like SP but The Expendables appeals to more people. As far a sequel to the Expendables 2, I say bring Willis back, Arnold if he is able to act. Also maybe get rid of Dolph and Terry Crews and add Vin Diesel and the Rock. Maybe JCVD and Segal will stop being bitches and actually show up this time. Hell even maybe add Michael Clark Duncan. Also a female would be nice, Jolie is a proven female action actress and would fit in nice. I say keep the main 3 of Sly, Li, and Statham. Just replace Crews, Couture, and Dolph.

4 years agoby @superman81Flag

13. Diaigma

I wonder why the first hasn't announced its budget yet . . .

4 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

14. DoubleR0522

Awesome News !!!

4 years agoby @doubler0522Flag

15. Hiddenstranger66

Honestly best case scenario, Schwarzenegger dives out of the politics and pulls the film industry out of the fire by returning to what he does best, by taking part the sequel if there is one. If Rocky's battered self can do it, I'm damn sure Arnie can!

4 years agoby @hiddenstranger66Flag

16. Summit10

Missions can be delegated, another member to shine, another to lay low in the lime light. At least Stallone can talk to other actors for the sequel.

4 years agoby @summit10Flag

Michael Cerra? Really? Your comparing a guy who's done movies about a wimpy virgin trying to get laid, to Stallone? A man that screams action in every film? Pilgrim is for nerds man, I watched it and it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either....I'm just saying

18. Buriblazing

Stallone is the man!

4 years agoby @buriblazingFlag

19. Messenger

All I ask is he makes a more consistent story where the motivations are deeper with stronger dialog. Other than that I enjoyed the movie through and through. I really can't wait to see a sequel.

4 years agoby @messengerFlag

20. Cartman

Expendables is targeted for Action Fans and Scott Pilgram for Nerds,...

4 years agoby @c-a-r-t-m-a-nFlag

21. Ravenous86

Can't wait!

4 years agoby @ravenous86Flag

22. Ryan Moran

that movie was awesome

4 years agoby @nightwing18Flag

23. kingbrady

they do need females for a next one, and Daveactor stallone has no control if Arnold is in any action...thats up to himself if he feels like acting again for a more serious role......Willis can return as Mr. Church...perhaps bring in Karl Urban, why not more WWE The Rock lol who ever

4 years agoby @kingbradyFlag

24. Rufio

surprise surprise. who didn't see a sequel coming from a mile away?

4 years agoby @rufioFlag

25. Daveactor7

Well if he does, then he better show schwarzeneggar in some action

4 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

26. the MovieGhost

Totally up for it. Bring it on!

4 years agoby @the-movieghostFlag

27. justinishulk

BRING IT ON MAN!!!

4 years agoby @justinishulkFlag

28. Andrew Kosarko

Michael Cera kicked more ass in his movie... which is weird. Expendables was alright, but Scott Pilgram was waaaaaaaaay better.

4 years agoby @andrew-kosarkoFlag

29. Cartman

Bring it on Stallone,.. I enjoyed every sec of the movie - Ppl went crazy at the very start when Lundgren, blasts a terrorist in 2 half and sends his bisected body 15 feet behind!!!!!

4 years agoby @c-a-r-t-m-a-nFlag

30. ed_wood

I totally agree with all of you, I'll watch any movie Stallone makes. The Expendables was great and I can't wait for part two.

4 years agoby @ed-woodFlag