Sylvester Stallone Plans to Kill Off 'Rambo' in Final Sequel!

The action star talks about his plans for the final Rambo sequel and his relationship with Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Sylvester Stallone plans to kill Rambo in final sequel
Sylvester Stallone plans to kill Rambo in final sequel
We still have no idea when Sylvester Stallone will bring his John Rambo back to theaters in Rambo: Last Stand, but it seems the actor-writer-director has a definitive plan in place for this sequel, dropping the bombshell that he plans to kill off his iconic character.

First, he offered a few details about the plot of Rambo 5.

I'm dying to do another Rambo. He's in Arizona on the border. It will involve him going into Mexico. I don't think Rambo likes Mexicans."

When asked if this would be the final Rambo, with the iconic character dying off at the end, Sylvester Stallone had one word.

"Yeah."

The actor then went onto discuss why he desperately wants to return to the character one last time.

"Rocky is me after coffee. Rambo has reverted into kind of like an id: primitive, reactive and instinctual, almost like an animal. I love this character because he hasn't quite been fleshed out. He's like an errant knight, looking to die in a glorious fashion. He has no desire to go into old age or have a family. In the book, Rambo gets killed. I thought it was not the proper message. There had been close to 200,000 suicides by returning Vietnam vets. I said, "Why don't we take him right to the edge without annihilating him?" Quentin Tarantino said, "You're a coward, you should have killed him!" I said, "Quentin, you're a lunatic. I want to do some sequels, brother."

He also spoke about his once adversarial relationship with The Tomb co-star Arnold Schwarzenegger.

"That went on for a long time. We couldn't stand to be in the same room. But I like a good adversary. It makes you lose sleep and want to get up in the morning and go to the gym. We started in the business almost the same day. We were at the Golden Globes and he had won for best newcomer; I lost for best actor but we had won best picture, and I took this bouquet of flowers and threw it on him like, "It's on, pal!" From that day on it was a very competitive thing. Then you move on, have families, and you realize that this fellow's very similar to you. Now we get along great. When he started to run for governor. He started inviting me to events. I said no, then my wife says, "Come on, he's extending the olive branch," and next thing I know is I'm on the campaign trail, then we just hit it off. He did some great things, like, to be in Expendables when he was governor, for free."

Finally, when asked who would win in a cage match between Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sly revealed he would have the upper hand.

"I do. Sorry Arnold, but it's true! You can bench more than me, but I'd out-cage you."

To read more from Sylvester Stallone, where he reveals candid moments between both himself, Quentin Tarantino, and Richard Gere: Click Here!

1. Monkeyiron 2.0

Makes sens seeing that the only way to finish a epic character is too kill him and make him or her die as a hero

2 years agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

2. StephieBaybee

I wasnt too keen on the last rambo at first, i took the fact he was an old man into account before enjoying the film but i love sly lol i always have loved his work, it grew on me n im sure if he did do another rambo then i'll love that too (regardless of his age) lol x

2 years agoby @steph-xFlag

3. SherlockHolmes2009

finally another Rambo

2 years agoby @SherlockHolmes2009Flag

4. RyanMoran

NICE FINALLY

2 years agoby @RyanMoranMitaFlag

5. Vanboy

@dan, I totally agree. Well said!

2 years agoby @vanboyFlag

6. Vanboy

If he kills Rambo off, I'll do the same thing I did with Rob Zombie's Halloween movies. They don't exist. I've never seen them and have no desire to. I saw Alien 3 and that 4th joke so bad it's not worth mentioning the title, BUT in my view, because they were so utterly bad, Aliens was the last sequel and Ripley, Hicks, Newt, and Bishop are back on Earth living happy lives together. Bishop is the butler of course and makes some mean cornbread.

2 years agoby @vanboyFlag

Far as I'm concerned, the character of Rambo is finished. "Rambo" ended everything on a nice note, no need to f*ck that up. But f*ck it up they/Stallone shall, I'm sure.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

8. Brian

@micetro9345 Yeah. AGREED.

2 years agoby @brianFlag

9. Harout Harmanian

They drew first BLOOD!!!! I wonder who they will replace him with....

2 years agoby @micetro9345Flag

10. Stivdion

@jayaottley I need the script to django unchained pls. how do i get it?

2 years agoby @stivdionFlag

11. Jay.A.Ottley

@ejk1@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx

Ok ladies, let chillax and have a cappuccino.

Whilei understand both sides of the argument, EJK your stating that Orange is not to blame because he has spoiled nothing and well tht the news is sourced from another cite in which the person that cite and sourced the news is to blame. Orange in general is just doing his job and posting movie news, not brilliantly but nonetheless posting news.... In which your point is valid and correct.

Now to summarise the discussion earlier on, what we were defining within this article is not nessceraily the content of the article but the title.
    Yes we all knew this was going to happen, evidently but we don't it glamorised and advertised in a gleaming MW article title. Orange could do the common courtesy and respect to, not just the regulars of the site but to all others that come on MW to try his best not to spoil flicks, because in general he is actually a good writer,i just reckon his well lost a tad passion.

2 years agoby @jayaottleyFlag

12. Jay.A.Ottley

@narrator well i just lol'd at that :D

2 years agoby @jayaottleyFlag

...

*looks at the last few comments*

....

soooo..

...who didn't see this coming?

2 years agoby @narratorFlag

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Good, you do that.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

15. Nicholaus XX

@ejk1 -- Nice job completely discarding my aforementioned posts. You really like hearing me repeat myself like a broken record, don't you? I love it how you can respond and it's all fine, even if I don't provide a solid enough foundation to reap a reply(which you obviously couldn't grasp looking at my short post), but if I even think about replying to your rants, I'm just being predictable, snobby, and a prick.

It's still a spoiler, regardless if he wanted it known or not. Picture Steven Spielberg or Christoper Nolan saying some like that, only about Batman and Indiana Jones.

Ah, so we're going to pull the "age" card? Wow! Man, who man. As much as I want to respond to that like a true "snotty little prick" - and boy, do I want to, I'll refrain yet again from doing such a thing.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Orange did NOT spoil anything, because 1) nothing exists, and 2) Stallone said it himself in an article that he knew was going public. Even if (or in your case, when) the film gets made, Stallone could 1) change his mind, or 2) go through with his plan that HE wanted known anyways. That's how you're wrong. You should feel foolish for your earlier comments about Orange, in which you disparaged him even though one can't spoil something that has already been made public record. You don't, and that's fine. It's probably because you're not smart enough to know better. Perhaps it's your age. Or perhaps you just like being a snotty little prick all the time. Don't know. Don't care. You can feel free to respond; we both know you will. And you'll try to turn it around with some lame BS like, "in what way am I being a snotty little prick? What do you mean by that...blah, blah," I don't give a damn. I've got more important things to do than waste my time with some arrogant little high schooler. And now I'm done.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

17. MovieManiac

I freaking love Stallone. Wouldn't mind another Rambo.

2 years agoby @moviemaniac66Flag

18. ROFLitschristian

And after his death, we'll get another sequel...

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

19. Joshua Hollaway

Will he take an arrow to the knee? =)

2 years agoby @Joshua-HollawayFlag

20. Nicholaus XX

@ejk1 -- I'm wrong? We'll find out when( and in your case "if") the movie gets made. No sh*t, Sherlock?

I'd like to know how such a matter could make me feel foolish, but I'll refrain from seeking the details. Like I said in my previous post, it's not necessarily this exact matter that gets me agitated - it's his articles that contain spoilers in the headline as a whole.

Eh, I've seen less worthy news.

@thedude-abides -- Yeah, most likely.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx No, you're wrong. orange spilled nothing here. Stallone was asked a question he didn't have to answer, yet he still gave one. Additionally, Orange wasn't the guy that asked the question; Maclean's did. you can read the whole article here:

Finally, not to make you et al feel too foolish, but how the hell can you spoil something that isn't even in production? The film may not even be made, let alone have this ending Stallone spoke of. I get that Orange has made some mistakes with spoilers in the past; hell, I was one of the first to call him on them. But this isn't a spoiler. It's barely even newsworthy.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

22. Summit10

nice one Sly :)

2 years agoby @summit10Flag

23. K.Guy

Nice conclusion, but why did you have to spoil it?

2 years agoby @kguyFlag

24. Glacia

...If the actor doesn't die first...

2 years agoby @glaciaFlag

25. bipolarmassive

Okay, 1st off, Stallone sounds like a Bigoted Staunch Republican! if indeed, it is the Mexicans that eventually kill off Rambo, good for them! I'm all for it! 2nd, why does Stallone feel the need to kill off everyone under the sun? Does he have a death complex? Next, he'll be talking about doing yet another Rocky movie only to kill him off too! IDIOT!!!

2 years agoby @addictionnonfatelFlag

26. Jay.A.Ottley

@thedude-abides sure dude, drop me an email and its one that well Terrance is keeping under-wraps...

P.S you may flip the f out when you see the title

2 years agoby @jayaottleyFlag

27. thedude-abides

@jayaottley If you don't mind, could you email me the Terrence Malick one? Is it Knight of Cups or Lawless? Or is it the untitled one with Ben Affleck and Rachel McAdams?

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx No idea, but considering its Christmas day release date, I'd say we should be getting a teaser within the next few months.

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

28. Jay.A.Ottley

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx It is pretty cool, we have things like the unlimited card and orange wednesdays.

@ghostman Yeah i mean bring in a new actor maybe Milo Ventimiglia or Henry Cavill and maybe Rourke as his dad and throw Christopher Waltz in as a general and some other peeps and you got a hit

2 years agoby @jayaottleyFlag

29. Nicholaus XX

@moviemouse -- Never mind my previous statement, I took your post as a double-entendre.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag