'Superman' Not Being Scored by Hans Zimmer

The composer revealed that recent quotes were taken out of context, and he hasn't met director Zack Snyder.
Hans Zimmer is not scoring Superman
Hans Zimmer is not scoring Superman
Heat Vision Blog recently caught up with composer Hans Zimmer, who debunked a recent story that he was scoring the new Superman movie. He said that the rumor made its way around the Internet because his longtime publicist, Ronni Chasen, was murdered three weeks ago and couldn't head off the rumors. Here's an excerpt from the article:

"You know, it's like some dirty quote taken out of context. Let's just be absolutely straight here: I have never in my life met Zack Snyder. I think I need to give him a ring. But here's the thing: No Ronni [Chasen]. Suddenly all sorts of stuff starts flowing around with no warning. So that's unequivocally a no. I have never spoken with Zack Snyder."

The news first surfaced last week about Hans Zimmer's involvement in Superman. Now it seems we'll have to wait and see who in fact will be providing the score for director Zack Snyder's Superman.

Man of Steel was released June 14th, 2013 and stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Diane Lane, Russell Crowe, Antje Traue, Harry Lennix, Richard Schiff. The film is directed by Zack Snyder.

Sources: Heat Vision Blog

So much for not doing the score. Guess what? :p

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

2. Zak Lee Ferguson

dont waste your talent on this tripe HANS

3 years agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

3. Cody Ellsmore

should be tyler bates!!!!

3 years agoby @cody-ellsmoreFlag

4. Worth5Bucks

Someone who I'd really like to see score this: Giachinno, his works on the new Star Trek were fantastic! I was shocked he wasn't doubly nominated last year. @Dave I agree that those works were great, but the problem isn't a lack of ability, he's still the best at it, it's a lack of new sound, he's begun to accidentally plagerize himself. His works at this point sound to alike to each other.

3 years agoby @mattbierwagenFlag

5. Daveactor7

@Worth i disagree. His works in Munich and catch me if u can were great and so was memoirs of a geisha. I really hope he comes back though

3 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

Snyder will probably continue with Tyler Bates, who scored every one of his films thus far. He's not a half bad composer IMO.

3 years agoby @narratorFlag

Son of a bitch!

3 years agoby @narratorFlag

8. Diaigma

Good. There are other composers in the world. Zimmer doesn't have to score everything :P

3 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

9. Worth5Bucks

@moviegeek1 well actually if Zimmer was to approach Superman, it would sound very different than batman. Zimmer's good at variety, thats why in almost every genre of film you can find a score that zimmer did.

3 years agoby @mattbierwagenFlag

10. Cripple

Oh man, I hope he does score this.

3 years agoby @crippleFlag

11. Jay.A.Ottley

@Supes
    No problem, I posted it on Movieweb's wall, so I'm guessing they posted it but not in the correct way and without the entire interview...

But i guess that's the beauty of Twitter :)

3 years agoby @jayaottleyFlag

12. nightwatch1203

it will probably be tyler bates seeing how he scored all of synders movies so far. i would love to see hans zimmer score it but i guess tyler bates would be good too.

3 years agoby @nightwatch1203Flag

13. moviegeek

Good. They should mix it up so that Batman and Superman don't seem to be imitative of each other.

3 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

14. K.Guy

darn

3 years agoby @kguyFlag

Thanks, @Ottley.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

16. Jay.A.Ottley

Here is the whole of the interview.....He doesn't state that he won't compose Superman, but confirms his not attached......So its not 100% yet, he may still compose Superman.

As expected with information on the Internet, it travels fast and can get miscontrued. Last week word spread faster than a speeding bullet that Hans Zimmer was going to be doing the music for the new Superman movie, being directed by Zack Snyder. ("Hans Zimmer to replace iconic Superman score," said Entertainment Weekly.)
    Part of the fuel comes from the fact that Christopher Nolan, for whom Zimmer did the music for Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and Inception, is producing the new movie.
    He is expected to reteam with Nolan for The Dark Knight Rises, as the third movie is titled, but as for Superman, Zimmer says the rumours aren't true (at least not yet), and they have been allowed to bounce around the Internet because his long time publicist Ronni Chasen was murdered three weeks ago.
    We'll let Zimmer speak his mind to THR's Kevin Cassidy.
    THR: The internet is buzzing with rumors that you've signed on to Zack Snyder's Superman project. Any truth to that?

Hans Zimmer: You know, it's like some dirty quote taken out of context. Let's just be absolutely straight here: I have never in my life met Zack Snyder. I think I need to give him a ring. But here's the thing: No Ronni [Chasen]. Suddenly all sorts of stuff starts flowing around with no warning.

THR: So if Ronni was still around this probably wouldn't be happening?

Zimmer: No! Absolutely not! You know, I can't even remember ever talking about Superman. It's a little bit, you know, it's a little bit like "guilty by association" isn't it?

THR: Because of Batman?

Zimmer: I met Chris Nolan once and he knows Zack Snyder and therefore I'm doing Superman. You know that's all it is.

THR: It may stem from the fact a lot of people would like to see you take that project. Based on the Batman films.

Zimmer: How can I say it: My heart belongs to Batman. I wouldn't even know how to go and give voice to it. I haven't thought about it.

THR: Not to mention following in the footsteps of John Williams.

Zimmer: Right! John Williams, the greatest living composer -- full stop. And that happens to be one of his greatest themes. So no. And I'm not thinking of rewriting Beethoven's ninth either. It just sounds like a thankless task, you know? So that's unequivocally a no. I have never spoken with Zack Snyder.

3 years agoby @jayaottleyFlag

17. Jay.A.Ottley

This aint the whole of the interview

3 years agoby @jayaottleyFlag

18. Worth5Bucks

John Williams sadly has lost his touch. Unfortunately he hasn't done any fabulous scores in a long time.

3 years agoby @mattbierwagenFlag

@TheDude1 This is true. It could be as simple as Snyder giving him a call and asking, and if Zimmer can fit it into his schedule, then he'd be on for it still. So we'll see.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

20. TheDude1

At least he didn't say he wouldn't be doing the score for sure. All he said was that as of right now he hasn't signed on to score Superman.

3 years agoby @thedude1Flag

21. Daveactor7

If not Hans Zimmer, then John Williams, but Williams is too busy :/ lol

3 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

22. Worth5Bucks

'steam comes from his ears as he no longer cares for superman reboot temporarily'

3 years agoby @mattbierwagenFlag

23. Wichy

Man, that is so sad about Ronni Chasen. It was horrible what was done to her. They woulda made a good team :(

3 years agoby @wichitagalzlFlag

24. Dark enV

Well hopefully he'll still do it, just cause he hasn't met with Snyder yet doesn't mean he won't actually do it.

3 years agoby @dark-envFlag

Aww, that's sad about his publicist. Well, we'll see who they pick now..

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

26. Chris

Zack Snyder what are you waiting for give the guy a call

3 years agoby @unknown21Flag