'Starbuck' Adds Cobie Smulders

Vince Vaughn and Chris Pratt star in this comedy about a man who learns he has fathered 533 children through sperm donation.
Cobie Smulders takes the female lead in Starbuck
Cobie Smulders takes the female lead in Starbuck
Cobie Smulders (Marvel's The Avengers, How I Met Your Mother) is in negotiations for the female lead in DreamWorks Pictures' Starbuck.

Vince Vaughn stars in this remake of the French-Canadian comedy, portraying a middle-aged man who learns that he has fathered 533 children through sperm donations. When hundreds of these kids request to meet their father, the man must decide whether or not he will reveal his identity. Cobie Smulders will play his pregnant girlfriend. Parks and Recreation star Chris Pratt is playing the man's attorney.

Ken Stott, who made the original Starbuck, will direct from his own screenplay. André Rouleau is producing, with shooting scheduled to begin later this year.

Delivery Man was released November 22nd, 2013 and stars Vince Vaughn, Chris Pratt, Cobie Smulders, Andrzej Blumenfeld, Simon Delaney, Bobby Moynihan, Dave Patten, Adam Chanler-Berat. The film is directed by Ken Scott.

Sources: Variety

1. THE JOKER

@bawnian-dexeus Yeah, obviously if they start to take a horrible approach you will definitely get yourself a partner to hate all over it

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

@mcleve02 I think it will depend on the popularity of the agency. Assuming they use cameos and such. I'll wait and see

3. THE JOKER

@bawnian-dexeus Really? I think it really depends on how they do it and the approach they take... Also whether or not any other characters make any appearances... I think if they did all the events from the first Iron Man film up to the Avengers films completely through the eyes of SHIELD, it could be cool... But maybe I am alone haha

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

@mcleve02 That's one comic book adaptation I'm not thrilled about

5. THE JOKER

@bawnian-dexeus I am curious to see her when they make a Shield movie!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

@mcleve02 Oh well................carry on

7. THE JOKER

@bawnian-dexeus I think you misinterpreted what I said haha... I know she has the potential to expand her abilities... but I feel like she isn't going to expand much further by attaching herself to another life drama comedy... because she has been doing that type of thing for the last 8 years with HIMYM...

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

@mcleve02 Meh, I don't know. Granted, I've been entertained by HIMYM, but that's about as far as her talents have gone in that platform. As for the big screen, she can now expand. One secondary character role in a blockbuster doesn't scream "too much talent". But that's just me.

9. THE JOKER

Honey... you have too much talent for this kind of film...

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag