'Star Trek Into Darkness' Trailer Preview!

Get your first glimpse at the full trailer for J.J. Abrams' sci-fi sequel, which will debut December 17th, 2012.
In anticipation of the December 17th unveiling of the official trailer for J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness, Paramount Pictures has revealed a short trailer preview, which you can see below.

In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star Trek Into Darkness. When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis. With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

Check out international versions of the trailer announcement.

Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer Preview Photo #1
Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer Preview Photo #2
Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer Preview Photo #3
Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer Preview Photo #4
Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer Preview Photo #5
Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer Preview Photo #6
Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer Preview Photo #7
Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer Preview Photo #8
Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer Preview Photo #9

Star Trek Into Darkness was released May 17th, 2013 and stars Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, John Cho, Benedict Cumberbatch, Anton Yelchin. The film is directed by J.J. Abrams.

Sources: Paramount

1. Moviedude21

Should be awesome.

2 years agoby @moviedude21Flag

2. Zak Lee Ferguson

@Dan-White your our go to guy i see ;) hahaahah

2 years agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

3. Zak Lee Ferguson

That had me at C*mberbach!

2 years agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

4. Michael Kolesik

@ejk1 Actually, I'm pretty sure they said the villain was Gary Mitchell from the primary universe in the original series. Is that right, or did they debunk that?

2 years agoby @Michael-KolesikFlag

@ejk1 He doesn't seem too augmented, so that's a start

Great trailer. Hoping C*mberbatch isn't playing Khan, only because it would be following too closely to the same path of the original movie series.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

@narrator Bana was good, no doubt. C*mberbatch (I love saying his name) will be better.

If you do decide to give the other Treks a shot again, watch 2, 4, 6, Generations, First Contact (still my favorite, including the alternate universe Trek). Don't bother with any of the others.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

Lol. Neither am I, @ChiRep-1. Funnily enough, I'm pretty much exactly like Abrams. I grew up with the old cassettes of the original Star Wars trilogy and the prequels were released during my adolescent-teen years, so I've always had an immensely strong draw to SW and it's mythos. The same can't be said for Star Trek, which my uncles always fancied. I never got into it until Abrams came aboard and made a believer out of me. :P

As for the villain played by C*mberbatch, I'm not sure. I really doubt Khan, or even an original character like I believe Bana's "Captain Nero" was. Instead, I believe they;ll go with a character from the tv show, amped up in this alternate timeline. Speaking of Captain Nero, I thought Bana (who improvised his characters delivery and a portion of his lines) was underrated in the role. I mean, he was a kick as villain!

2 years agoby @narratorFlag

9. Justice Kowaleski

Now if only they would of released an Equally epic Man OF Steel Trailer today would of been perfect

2 years agoby @justice-kowaleskiFlag

10. Dan White

The villain is Lt. Cmdr Gary Mitchell. He is an agent of section 31.

2 years agoby @Dan-WhiteFlag

11. Dan White

The "R" in J J Abrams name (in the trailer) stands for ROBIN.

2 years agoby @Dan-WhiteFlag

12. Mwheeler1324

I cant get enough of this trailer preview!!!! This is the best of the best trailer previews since the Iron Man 3 trailer! These needs to be the standard for all trailers period!#@$%?

2 years agoby @mwheeler1324Flag

13. Michael Kolesik

@2movieguys dude, it's not a reboot. They made it very clear in the first movie and the comics that it's another universe. An alternate reality. The black hole from the first movie was a gateway between the primary universe, the star trek that we've grown up with since the '60s, and the abrams universe. Just letting you know.

2 years agoby @Michael-KolesikFlag

14. Sean

@thedude1 I'm looking forward to it!

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

15. Sean

Cool.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

16. Justice Kowaleski

Im curious to how long the actual trailer will be now because that was the Best Trailer Preview ive seen yet, what if that was the trailer and JJ was just like here you go fans. and @Vashnyra I Partially Agree with you about your Dr. Severin Theory, but A part of me still thinks he will end up being a new take on Kahn, but you never know who ever he is though he is gonna be giving the Enterprise one hell of a time trying to stop him.

2 years agoby @justice-kowaleskiFlag

17. Replicant

Looks really good, can't wait!

2 years agoby @felipe-11Flag

18. Ghostman

Hey look, no lens flares! Anyways, can't wait for this movie, and C*mberbatch's narration sent chills down my spine!

2 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

19. Vashnyra

I'm thinking C*mberbatch may be playing an amped-up version of Dr. Sevrin (minus the comical flappy ears). In the classic Trek episode "The Way to Eden", Dr. Sevrin had a condition called "synthococcus novae", which required him to remain in environmentally-controlled areas. This pretty much drove him insane. Although his goal in the episode was to get to the planet Eden (forcibly taking control of the Enterprise to do so), he CLEARLY had enough rage pent up inside to go on an anti-tech rampage against the entire Federation, if he had the means. In the Abrams-verse, perhaps this version of Severin has some additional superhuman abilities. Can't wait to see if Spock will jam with the space hippies again! Just a thought. :-)

2 years agoby @VashnyraFlag

20. Gandoff

Looks kick ass... But still wonder who C*mberbatch's character is and whats behind him... :) hmmmm

2 years agoby @gandoffFlag

21. Gandoff

2 years agoby @gandoffFlag

22. SherlockHolmes2009

F*cking pumped

2 years agoby @SherlockHolmes2009Flag

23. Cripple

C*mberbatch is going to blow some minds here. Can't wait.

2 years agoby @crippleFlag

24. ChiRep_1

@narrator I was never a Trekkie so I apologize if I come off a bit naive, but yes that's exactly why lol. I guess I can already imagine sitting in a theaters during the "big reveal" when Kirk and co. find out this unstoppable force is in fact from their fleet. But you're right, we've seen that plot device all too many times and with special effects like those I'm sure we won't notice =P

I hear they're keeping the villain under wraps, any guesses to who he might be?

2 years agoby @ChiRep-1Flag

Funny, @bawnian-dexeus.

Why's that, @ChiRep-1? Because the villain is apparently a guy from the same organization the hero(es) are from, and that some betrayal happened causing him to want revenge on the entire organization? If that's what you're referring to, then I have to say there are a fair share of movies with that particular plot factor. Lol. I doubt we'll see too many similarities while watching the film in theaters, friend. ;)

2 years agoby @narratorFlag

This looks absolutely bitching. F*ck yeah, Abrams!

2 years agoby @narratorFlag

27. moviegeek

Best trailer preview ever made :P Actually showed something.

2 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

28. CelluloidDreams

OK! Another "reboot" sequel to a reboot...!! I'm open!!

2 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

29. ChiRep_1

A LOT of cgi but I agree it looks amazing, the plot is awfully similar to skyfall though

2 years agoby @ChiRep-1Flag

30. TheDude1

That was epic. Can't wait for the full length trailer a week from Monday.

2 years agoby @thedude1Flag