Spider-Man's New Costume Revealed in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'!

The classic red and blue Spider-Man suit gets retrofitted with bigger eyes in Marc Webb's Marvel sequel.
Back in November, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 director Marc Webb teased that the new Spider-Man costume will feature "bigger eyes" and "gnarly web shooters." While we got a glimpse at one of the eyes earlier this month, today we have our first look at the full Spider-Man mask, although, sadly, we do not see the new web shooters quite yet. Check out the larger eyes with which Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker will be surveying the New York City streets in this upcoming Marvel sequel for Sony.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Costume

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was released May 2nd, 2014 and stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Felicity Jones, Paul Giamatti, Sally Field. The film is directed by Marc Webb.

Sources: Ed Douglas

@comicbookfan - This suit has your approval?! :D

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

@ejk1 I definitely can see what you mean, and I thank you. I don't believe I've ever looked at being "judgmental" that way before. It's something I'll definitely keep in mind in the future.

Don't get me wrong, btw. I agree with practically all your points against TASM2, I was merely looking for clarification on your earlier posts. As you pointed out, they have pigeonholed this series once again by casting such old actors, but that's simply the fault of the first films casting, right? So why would they address that in a sequel when we should have accepted it by now? It's not like they can recast the leads or anything. Woodley, however, should be addressed, as seen in the newly released images.

I'll tell you what. I'll go out and rent 50 Shades of Grey and get back to you. While it may not have had me in mind when it was written, most horror films weren't meant for me either and I can still judge their technical merits and appreciate them if they're good or not in whatever it is they sought out to accomplish.

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

3. Antonio Bryant

I'm so Glad They got rid of the yellow eyes. Loving the new look

1 year agoby @antonio-bryantFlag

4. CBF

That's Spidey from the comics. Perfect. Looks like Mark Bagley-inspired.

1 year agoby @comicbookfanFlag

5. ChiRep_1

Revealing the costume this early could only mean that we'll be seeing Spidey in costume on set sooner rather than later, given that they'll be shooting in New York for the next three weeks. Just like the first film, it's a smart move to show us an official pic before the sh*tty camera-phone set photos surface and take over.

The costume is, for lack of a better word, perfect. Making Raimi comparisons are just naive and hypocritical.

1 year agoby @ChiRep-1Flag

6. Ghostman

@monkeyiron2-0 That's because this is the first official photo released.

Here's your look at his new web-shooters:

1 year agoby @ghostmanFlag

7. greyhame

The costume first costume was one of the only things I liked about the first film, but I think I like this a bit better. This new one seems to stay true to the Ultimate comics and it's nice to see white eyes again. The spider on the suit looks almost exactly like the ones from Rami's trilogy, that's probably another reason why I like it, because of nostalgia.

1 year agoby @greyhame27Flag

@narrator I'm not saying will suck per se; my gripe is that they are trying to do too much because they want a trilogy, which is dumb because there is enough material to make a six or seven film series. I have no issue with Electro being used, nor Jaime Foxx being cast in that role, as long as he isn't the focal point the way Mr. Freeze was in B & R. The casting decisions I lament are the leads, which basically pigeon hole the series into a trilogy, unless they make a decent time jump soon, and Woodley as MJ. She just doesn't have that "jackpot" vibe. I don't know. Perhaps between all of that, and the weak sauce that was ASM, I'm a little too down on the project as a whole. My comments on this sequel are definitely influenced by my tepidness towards ASM, but unlike your position on Thor from 2009, there is something to go on here. If I had found ASM more to my liking, we wouldn't be having this discussion about ASM2; we'd be on the same page. But the first one just didn't do it for me, so any news about this one makes me proceed with caution, and come down hard where I see a poor decision. As far as being judgmental, I'm sorry, dude, but I have to laugh at that for one simple reason: as I pointed out to someone a few months ago, no one is ever called out for being judgmental if they praise something. No one was called judgmental for saying "(Fill in title of film here) is going to be great/awesome/epic," even before the film is in production. So if the wind doesn't blow that way on judgment, it shouldn't blow the other way because someone dared say something negative. Like I've said about MOS, I'll be happy to be wrong, but until I see something that will change my mind, I'm going to keep my opinions. Not to myself, of course :)

In regards to the second part of your post, while it is true that one can just feel something will be bad, one should also wait for vital information about the project before they make predictions of doom or greatness. I only said what I said about MOS after I read that Goyer left before rewrites, and that Jonathan Nolan passed on doing them, leaving them in Kirk Johnstad's hands. In regards to 50 Shades, what info are you basing your position on at this point. You haven't read the material, which wasn't made with you or me in mind to begin with, and there has been no casting decisions or director attached as of yet (at least as far as I know). It's too early to crush something, especially when the material is foreign to you.

Anyways, that's how I look at and differentiate between projects like ASM2, MOS and 50 Shades. ASM provides me support to base my opinion on ASM2, news about MOS allows me to make my determinations, and since I have not read the novels, nor know of anything going on with the film in terms of casting, directing, etc., I have no opinion of 50 Shades until further notice. Of course, as news comes along on each project, I reserve the right to alter my outlook. I hope that clears things up for anyone that reads this post.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

9. Monkeyiron 2.0

@ghostman@supermanvenom thanx I thought was because of the quality of the photo

1 year agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

@ejk1 I can understand casting being an issue and I'm equally irked that Webb is not addressing it. He's in touch with the fanbase, after all. While no one else outside of this site (that I've personally spoken to about the film) has shown any anger or disappointment about any of the casting decisions outside of Electro (for obvious reasons), there is a possibility he hasn't seen any substantial complaints about casting? I believe my main concern is Woodley and Giamatti, as to whether or not he's even in the film and to what degree, as well as Garfield's age. Thankfully, the latter issue has been addressed as we know he's graduating and a time skip is in order eventually. However, I don't see why they'd address plot issues when nothing substantial has been revealed about the film's story. We see bits and pieces and figure the plot must suck because Parker is still in high school and we're jumping to Electro, but that's hardly anything conclusive. I say revealing the new suit is a little premature, but hardly out of place.

In regards to the whole 50 Shades of Grey thing from earlier, I never got to respond, but you're definitely right. I haven't read the material, and thus I can't adequately judge it without being a hypocrite when it comes to people dissing projects I like that they haven't read/seen/experienced. That being said, there are certain instances when you can just tell something will be bad, no? Is that not the feeling you perhaps have with this project, supported by facts you've seen? I mean, sure, you want it to succeed as any Spidey fan would, but your comments regarding this sequel have consistently come across as unappreciative or disappointed, similar to me and Thor in '09. Is that not almost encroaching on being judgmental, something I was often called when it came to Thor?

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

11. Ghostman

@monkeyiron2-0 Fake you say? I don't think so:

1 year agoby @ghostmanFlag

12. Cheetoboy

I wonder how Electro's costume will look.

1 year agoby @cheetoboyFlag

13. supermanvenom

@monkeyiron2-0 http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=74754

1 year agoby @supermanvenomFlag

14. supermanvenom

@monkeyiron2-0 I don't think so. If you go over to Comic Book Movies.com it shows new set pics. Looks the same to me, kinda not the best pics.

1 year agoby @supermanvenomFlag

15. Monkeyiron 2.0

You guys do know that this is fan made right

1 year agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

16. Replicant

I love the eyes, but I really hope they're not using the Raimi suit... The new suit was so much better, even if it wasn't exactly like the original...

1 year agoby @felipe-11Flag

17. MovieManiac

Looks exactly like the Raimi costume.

1 year agoby @moviemaniac66Flag

18. supermanvenom

Looks sweet.

1 year agoby @supermanvenomFlag

19. Xenon

Those big yellow eyes

Aunt May- Peter looks worried

I swear the first spiderman film is so much better than the latest one but it's enjoyable as well.

1 year agoby @xenon56Flag

Nothing that new

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

21. ROFLitschristian

The eyes are better than ever. I know it sounds lame, but they really match with the new attitude they're giving Spidey this time around. However, the rest of the costume is too similar to Raimi's. The spider looks exactly the same, and making the black lines pop out was a huge mistake. They could have done better I think.

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

All of the issues with casting and plot, and what do they do? Try to salve everything over with a flashy new costume. Oh yeah.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

23. Corey W.

F*cking awesome!

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

24. Corey W.

F*cking awesome!

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

25. TheObserver

YES AT LAST !!!THE EYES MY FRIENDS THE EYEESSSSS!!!

1 year agoby @TheObserverFlag

26. The_Crow2k

First thing I liked about this project.

1 year agoby @the-crow2kFlag