Spider-Man Will Team-Up with Other Heroes in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 4' Teases Marc Webb

'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' director reveals his plans for a fourth movie outside the trilogy, which will be like 'The Avengers'.
Director Marc Webb teases more heroes in The Amazing Spider-Man 4
Director Marc Webb teases more heroes in The Amazing Spider-Man 4
Even though The Amazing Spider-Man 2 doesn't hit theaters for another year, fans are already talking about Sony's announcement in June that confirmed The Amazing Spider-Man 3 will be released in 2016 and The Amazing Spider-Man 4 will debut in 2018.

Director Marc Webb revealed last week that the announcement did come as a surprise, but in another interview, he spoke about how the fourth movie could include new heroes fighting alongside Peter Parker.

"Well, I think this was conceived of as a trilogy so there was a defined architecture to the story we were telling and we had sort of a rough outline of what was going to happen. I think [for] the fourth movie, what we've discovered is there are so many ancillary characters, that have enormous, cinematic potential that there may be other ways to exploit those characters, in a way that is exciting and fun and worthwhile. It might not just be a Spider-Man movie."

Perhaps the director is taking a cue from Warner Bros.' massive announcement that Man of Steel 2 will include both Superman and Batman. The filmmaker also teased the possible inclusion of the super villain group The Sinister Six, and if that story line does happen in The Amazing Spider-Man 3 or The Amazing Spider-Man 4, Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man will likely need all the help he can get.

What other superheroes would you like to see come into this Spider-Man franchise?

The Amazing Spider-Man 4 comes to theaters May 4th, 2018.

Sources: Crave Online

1. David R Garcia Jr

I honestly would love to see someone like mysterio because he could really mess with spider-mans head and i think Chameleon would make an awesome side villian lol and Doc Ock done right you know more like a mad scientist that wants the world to burn (Ends of the Earth) that would be a movie i would love to see lol

it would be cool to do something like spider island (but that can be later) but i think it would be awesome because it could hold many characters in the story and stuff lol

And if you think about it spider-man in the avengers would be cool but, i think only if, its something big like secret invasion or civil war because spider-man has been arould for 50 years and just recently joined the avengers in the comics a few years ago so he can stand his own but needs the help for be team ups like the ones i listed

and finally i would love a great symbiotes movies but it would have be done right and venom and carnage would have look terrifying you know and you know it wouldnt end in one film maybe it could lead into the venom spin-off and maybe one day anti-venom but thats way off in the future

9 months agoby @david-r-garcia-jrFlag

2. David R Garcia Jr

@phatalphd

Hey i don't mean this in a rude way but it sounds like you just want Venom and Carnage in a spider-man film and wont like one without them and for me thats understandable but Spider-man as SO MANY villians and in the comics most of the spidey/venom/carnage story lines were around the late 80's-90's but spider-man has been around for 50 years so i guess what im trying to say is dont become closed minded regarding villians and who shows up because Spider-man has millions of stories to tell that dont need the symbiotes to be successful :)

9 months agoby @david-r-garcia-jrFlag

3. CoreyB

@MillerFarrow Kind of happy....:/

9 months agoby @CoreyBFlag

4. cvnt$top

Personally id only want his and Fantastic 4's universe to combine. But this could be a good way to introduce a new franchise.

9 months agoby @cvntstopFlag

5. Xenon

@phatalphd All three studios need to come to an agreement to open up this universe to do it justice.
    I'm not a big fan of Webb however I do feel the same way. Spidey needs to go back to marvel.

9 months agoby @xenon56Flag

6. Josh

I'm not sure who else Sony has to team up Spider-Man with, but one cool thing could be to branch out the Spider-Man universe itself by bringing in the Miles Morales Spider-Man, and do a team-up story like in the recent Spider-Men arc in the comics. Not sure if they would go into alternate universes and stuff; it could presumably be sort of like the ending of The Dark Knight Rises, with the implication being that Peter Parker was the first of many superheroes.

9 months agoby @shuabertFlag

I'll believe it when I see it

9 months agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

8. Zak Lee Ferguson

First edit the second then make the third before going all Jame Cameron Bullsh*t spew on us Marc Webb. Lord think he's caught in his own Webb-of ideas!

9 months agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

9. ChiRep_1

Marc Webb stated that if Spider-man were to crossover it would be the Fantastic Four.. And stop twisting up words AGAIN, nowhere does it say we're seeing more heroes other than Spider-man

9 months agoby @ChiRep-1Flag

10. Ghostman

The only two superhero team-ups spidey has I could think of besides The Avengers would be Fantasic Four and Daredevil, yet one belongs to Fox, and the latter is now property of Marvel.

9 months agoby @ghostmanFlag

11. Ghostman

@phatalphd I'm not saying that I want Carnage or Venom in another Spider-Man movie, it's just that they have done it before. I would rather have it be Sinister Six and adapt villains we haven't seen on the big screen like Kraven the Hunter or Mysterio.

9 months agoby @ghostmanFlag

12. phatalphd

@ghostman so you don't want Carnage or Venom in a spiderman movie, that what you're saying?

and I think you just validated my point, they just pumping these out without any regard to the fans. That's what I was getting at. I'd bet my life that most ppl would rather see spiderman movie with carnage in it then one with lets say the ff4

9 months agoby @phatalphdFlag

13. FlabbiestPig

-.- didn't mean to post that 3 times haha

9 months agoby @FlabbiestPigFlag

14. FlabbiestPig

@Replicant Sony went to Joss when he was making the Avengers to put the oscorp tower in the Avengers which would've meant Spiderman would be in the MCU but they didn't do it because the tower wasn't developed at Sony and the Avengers was pretty much put together with no time to go back and put the tower in.

9 months agoby @FlabbiestPigFlag

15. FlabbiestPig

9 months agoby @FlabbiestPigFlag

16. FlabbiestPig

9 months agoby @FlabbiestPigFlag

17. Replicant

That's a pretty misleading title... "ancillary characters" can mean absolutely anything, it doesn't necessarily mean heroes.

Plus Sony only has Spider-man rights and studios will NEVER agree to share licences for the common good of audiences, even if it meant more money. They're just too greedy; if they can't have the whole cake, they'd rather just have a piece of it.

9 months agoby @felipe-11Flag

18. Tevooo

I mean they can maybe grab the rights to some 2nd or 3rd string heroes and bring them to the light like they did Steel or Static Shock

9 months agoby @TevoooFlag

19. WalterWhite

@FlabbiestPig That would be a dream come true.Sadly I don't see them doing it any time soon.

@TheObserver Yeah those r the only allies I can think of right now.My mind is drawing blank.I'm sure Lizard will make a comeback in future installments though & help Peter out in some way or another.

9 months agoby @WalterWhiteFlag

20. Ghostman

@phatalphd Good to know that you're speaking for the ENTIRE Spider-Man Fanbase because I'm sure like a million other people have the same opinion as you do.

Spider-Man is Spider-Man, all the Sony Studios really care about is money; as long as there are more Spider-Man films coming out once every two years, people will see them no matter who the villain is.

9 months agoby @ghostmanFlag

21. Ryan222

I just got casted as an extra in Marc Webb's Spider-man 9. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

9 months agoby @ryan222Flag

22. phatalphd

this whole franchise is about one thing, take the characters you love and f*ck em over. Let's not even talk about Spiderman 3's music scene, the horrible venom, or the insane emphasis on peters love life. (like anyone cares) I think what ALL spiderman fans really want is CARNAGE and VENOM...period. You put those two (good incarnations) in a movie and ppl won't need some frivilous team up with characters they don't really wanna see. And now we got Jamie fox as Electro. F*ck am I the only one annoyed with this whole franchise?

9 months agoby @phatalphdFlag

23. phatalphd

@TheObserver oh yeah they might be, I was confusing fox and sony.

9 months agoby @phatalphdFlag

24. TheObserver

@phatalphd F4 and X-men are both Fox's property aren't they ??

9 months agoby @TheObserverFlag

25. TheObserver

@WalterWhite As a matter of fact that is exactly what I meant loll and to be honest you gave me some really good choices that I never thought of but.... I dunno they don't seem....wow enough lolll ( I know i'm being picky) =D

9 months agoby @TheObserverFlag

26. phatalphd

@TheObserver No! All they have is F4, X-Men and Spiderman...so I can do without any of these team ups

9 months agoby @phatalphdFlag

27. phatalphd

So he'll team up with only the characters that Sony has rights to? ummm who cares. This spiderman train is going down the drain if you ask me. F*cking studio hasn't even seen how 2 will be received and they're already talking about Spiderman 4? Counting your chicks before their hatched? or is Spiderman 2 just bad and they already trying to find a cooler way to make it exciting?

9 months agoby @phatalphdFlag

28. WalterWhite

@TheObserver Well then he has nobody.Also I thought u meant as in who he can team up with in sequels 2 The Amazing Spider-Man.No hard feelings. =)

9 months agoby @WalterWhiteFlag

29. TheObserver

@WalterWhite I don't mean to disrespect any characters or fanboys out there, but when I said significant I mean Iconic as in someone that you can build a fanchise on, except for Venom I don't see that potential in any of the names you mentionned and while we're at it, they tried for a Venom spin off it never got off the ground...

9 months agoby @TheObserverFlag

30. FlabbiestPig

Yeah true but it would be cool to see them all on the big screen together along with the Xmen and Fantastic Four. Just have them all in a 3 part movie like the Lord of the rings to put them all against Thanos or Galactus. Hell I would kill to see Venom and Carnage done right on the big screen just destroying each other and Spiderman of course haha

9 months agoby @FlabbiestPigFlag