Simon Pegg Says 'Star Trek 2' Shoots This Fall

Although nothing has been set in stone, the 'Paul' star reveals he is keeping his fall schedule open to shoot the sci-fi sequel.
Simon Pegg says Star Trek 2 will likely shoot this fall
Simon Pegg says Star Trek 2 will likely shoot this fall
This past Thursday, I was one of the lucky press members to have dinner with Simon Pegg and director Greg Mottola to discuss the Blu-ray and DVD release of their fantastic comedy Paul, which will hit the shelves on August 9. Most of our dinner conversation will be saved until we get closer to the release date, although Simon Pegg did speak about a number of other projects as well. While a specific production start date is not known Simon Pegg said that Star Trek 2 will start shooting sometime this fall.

"You do have to manage your time, but they can't tell you exactly, because they don't know. You just sort of say, 'OK, I'm going to keep the fall free.' With a bit of luck, that will be for a reason."

We reported back in May that director J.J. Abrams is turning his full attention over to Star Trek 2 once he finished work on Super 8, which was released last weekend. A November start date for Star Trek 2 has been rumored, although the script has not been completed yet.

A few weeks ago, we also reported that Star Trek 2 may miss its proposed June 29, 2012 release date, which seems likely if production won't start until the fall.

We'll be sure to keep you posted with any further Star Trek 2 news as soon as we have more information.

Star Trek Into Darkness was released May 17th, 2013 and stars Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, John Cho, Benedict Cumberbatch, Anton Yelchin. The film is directed by J.J. Abrams.

Sources: Brian Gallagher

cant wait for this.

3 years agoby @skywiseFlag

2. Nicholaus XX

Didn't like the first-one, most likely won't like this one.

3 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

@daveactor7 Prob wont take that long, but totally, dude. I see this holiday 2012.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

4. Daveactor7

I dont care if this comes out 2014, it better be great. The screenwriters did Transformers 1 and 2 and i dont trust em much, but Star Trek was well planned and executed. Take it sloww

3 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

5. K-Man

Yup, agreed, my friend, agreed.

3 years agoby @k-manFlag

@k-man I am fairly confident we'll be reading soon enough about the release date being pushed back several months. Which I'm perfectly cool with.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

7. Salem6777

hell yea! cant wait

3 years agoby @Salem6777Flag

8. T.Clark

I watched the first again recently and I was reminded how great of a movie it is. Looking forward to this one.

3 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

9. K-Man

If I was a betting man I would say there is no way this is keeping it's June 29th 2012 release date.......instead, I'd bet it's moving to holiday 2012. Most likely November or early December to keep it's distance from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

I'm actually really hoping they announce that soon because I would hate to think they are rushing this. A part of the reason the first one was so good was because they had a lot of time to work on it.....it would be tragic if they rushed this just to make a deadline.

Either way, I'm not *that* worried because I trust J.J. Abrams. He knows what he is doing.

3 years agoby @k-manFlag

10. Ruforeel

If "Ant-Man" is still in the works, I'd like to see Pegg get the lead on it.

3 years agoby @R-U-ForeelFlag