Second 'The Hunger Games' Trailer

Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson star in Lionsgate's highly-anticipated adaptation of the Suzanne Collins novel.
Lionsgate has released the second trailer for The Hunger Games, which hits theaters nationwide March 23. Click on the video player below for your latest look at director Gary Ross' adaptation of the Suzanne Collins novel.

The Hunger Games was released March 23rd, 2012 and stars Stanley Tucci, Wes Bentley, Jennifer Lawrence, Willow Shields, Liam Hemsworth, Elizabeth Banks, Sandra Ellis Lafferty, Paula Malcomson. The film is directed by Gary Ross.

Sources: Apple

1. Samar Zayed

it says 2nd trailer this is the 1st

3 years agoby @Samar-ZayedFlag

2. moviegeek

@dan1 Yea, but I think her and Peeta have a better, raw relationship than the little hometown crush she has.

3 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

@moviegeek Yeah, I'm already working through Catching Fire. In its defense though, the love thing is merely an act put on, since at the beginning she's warned that she better keep up the charade or else. So it's a little forgivable in my mind.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

4. moviegeek

@dan1. The second book borders on Twilight territory, with the first 10-15 chapters focusing a LOT on the love triangle. But if you can make it through the boredom there, the last half is pulse-pounding.

From the trailer, Lawrence looks a little too healthy? I don't know. She doesn't look like she's struggling for food, etc.

3 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

@moviegeek I'd also add though that I do like Katniss, she has a noble, altruistic, matriarchal flair about her that you can't help but respect. I have faith that Lawrence will capture that, she's a promising young actress (and very easy on the eyes).

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

@moviegeek It can be a little too feminine for my liking at times, but that can't be helped, it's written by a woman about a young woman. But the killing and survival stuff balances it out nicely for either gender to enjoy. I just get a little glossy eyed when the author makes a point of describing how Katniss makes decisions ruled by emotions. But it's certainly entertaining and an interesting world Collins has thought up.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

7. moviegeek

@dan1 Sweet! Addicting to read, isn't it? I'm starting the third one, but I'm taking my time because I hear it makes everyone mad. :P

3 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

@skywise@moviefreak97@corey@moviegeek I'm in the middle of reading the first book. This trailer is spot on with the details.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

Jennifer Lawrence really sales it for me. I cant wait to see this. I was a little curious during all the casting hoopla but now i am downright anxious to see this.

3 years agoby @skywiseFlag

10. Justice Kowaleski

i want to see this movie sooo much. I just hope they can match the over-all intensity of the book because when i read this book the end of every chapter was like a punch in the face for me i was awwwed by this for quite a while. especialy with rues story and the ending

3 years agoby @justice-kowaleskiFlag

11. Nicholaus XX

That was decent, but I'd like a lot more footage to compose my final expectation on it.

3 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

12. mosorwvlad

When i am hungry i don't play no games, i eat god damn it.

3 years agoby @mosorwvladFlag

13. MovieFreak97

@bryanyentz Only in basic premise. It evolves into it's own story.

3 years agoby @moviefreak97Flag

14. Absolute

@bryanyentz nothing wrong with that. lol

Looks good though. Better than I thought based on the first trailer.

3 years agoby @absoluteFlag

15. Bryan Yentz

So... It's an American version of Battle Royale?

3 years agoby @bryanyentzFlag

16. Corey W.

@bawnian-dexeus haha. the book is excellent dude. You'll read it in a day if you let the time take you away.

3 years agoby @coreyFlag

@corey I can comment on that last part. But I hope it is good. Already marked a schedule to read the damn thing

18. Corey W.

@bawnian-dexeus Or it can class as its own, hopefully. I don't wanna see people compare this to Twilight or HP because the movie is its own original story. More original than both Twilight and HP.

3 years agoby @coreyFlag

I can get the whole "The Next Twilight" because it will appeal more to the youth and young adult such as myself and the majority of the female demographic of ages 13 to 40 so I'm not gonna argue with that. However, if all adaptations fall in the same line as Harry Potter (financially and critically), then it should be later taken off the whole "Next Twilight" and in a class of it's own behind HP

20. moviegeek

@corey Yepp! My summer reading.

3 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

21. James17

looks good

3 years agoby @zombie14Flag

22. 07cabrala

Happy with the trailer, a must watch movie for me! The book was epic. I just hope the fight scene will be as good as the book.

3 years agoby @07cabralaFlag

23. Diaigma

It's not the best trailer I've ever seen, but I'm interested. Lawrence still feels like an odd choice. Just not young enough like the books.

3 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

24. Corey W.

The book was amazing. I never knew you read it @moviegeek

3 years agoby @coreyFlag

25. Gina39

this looks interesting i do agree that the violence will most likely be water down and i think they are aiming for a pg13 audiences and that is cool but this looks like they are trying to create a new twilight type of story since breaking dawn will be the last of the twilight saga. btw hi everyone i hope that everyone is doing great and enjoying their selves while they talk about issues and interesting topics on movieweb. :)

3 years agoby @gina39Flag

26. Fat_Jesus

Yeah, I'd rather watch Battle Royale again.

As for the trailer, I thought it was pretty meh... Not surprised. The violence is just gonna be too watered down to thoroughly enjoy on a purely action level. And so what's left? Teen angst? No thanks.

3 years agoby @fat-jesusFlag

27. K.Guy

I must read that book!... After I'm done with Inheritance.

3 years agoby @kguyFlag

28. thedude-abides

@moviefreak97 That's good to know. At least it brings some sensibility to the question of how they're going to stretch the story out over four films. I obviously haven't read the books, nor am I familiar with the material, so I'm glad you cleared that up.

3 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

29. MovieFreak97

You can say anything you want about the trailer if you're new to the material. But what I just saw was The Hunger Games, bona fide. It looks precisely how I pictured it would and I've never been more certain that Jennifer Lawrence is perfectly cast.

Wonderful trailer.

@thedude-abides I'm not going to knock you or try to challenge your opinion in any way because every point you made is perfectly fair. I'm simply going to answer your question regarding the trilogy. The games themselves only take up the first book/movie and it actually ends with a bit of closure. The story stretches out with something else entirely and I won't get into details because you're not the only one who will read this. Anyways, I can't wait to see which of us is right :)

3 years agoby @moviefreak97Flag