Rosie Huntington-Whitley Talks 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon'

Optimus Prime receives $115 parking ticket while visiting the New York Toy Fair.
Optimus Prime gets $115 parking ticket outside of the New York Toy Fair
Optimus Prime gets $115 parking ticket outside of the New York Toy Fair
When Rosie Huntington-Whiteley replaced fan favorite Megan Fox in the upcoming summer sequel Transformers: Dark of the Moon, the young actress stayed fairly quiet in the press. Today, she has come forward with her first interview since filming. And she revealed some new details about her role the upcoming blockbuster.

Though pressed, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley could offer very little on her character's background.

"She's English and is working for the British embassy... I can't tell you more! That's all I can say for now!""

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley then went onto talk about the casting process on the movie.

"I went to the casting unaware they were looking for a new female lead. We were told it was for a 'nemesis' role and I left thinking I was awful. The next day I was offered the lead! I met with Shia LaBeouf that evening and within three weeks I was on set shooting my first scenes...

In other Transformers: Dark of the Moon news, Optimus Prime himself visited the American International Toy Fair in New York and received a $115 parking ticket.

The screen-used tractor-trailer version of Optimus Prime was parked on 41st Street near 8th Avenue in front of Times Square after being dropped off on a flatbed in two pieces from Los Angeles. New York City drivers had a hard time making it around the 9 ft vehicle, which was charged with blocking traffic.

Apparently, the truck is only drivable on a movie set, and not street legal. Although Hasbro, who had the truck and trailer shipped in for the Toy Fair, had all of the appropriate street permits, Optimus Prime still received a ticket. There is no word if Hasbro will pay the ticket at this time.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon was released June 29th, 2011 and stars Shia LaBeouf, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Julie White, Kevin Dunn, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Alan Tudyk, John Malkovich. The film is directed by Michael Bay.

That is one awesome looking truck!

3 years agoby @skywiseFlag

2. Photoman

This movie will be the perfect autobots vs decipticons epicness !!!

The super bowl spot is jawdroppingly amazing !!!!

3 years agoby @photomanFlag

3. Barkx

Well, I won't get into the Bay-Hating or the debate on the re-casting of Megan Fox, all I want to say is...

HOW FREAKIN' COOL IS THE TRAILER?!?

THIS is what I'm psyched about! And if nothing else, I'm at least THANKFUL to Bay for bringing Optimus Prime to the big screen... It is Optimus & the Autobots in their struggle against the Decepticons that I am going to see at the cinema, THEY are the drawcard... not La Beouf or whoever his eye-candy love interest is...

3 years agoby @barkxFlag

4. mosorwvlad

She can talk, that's a + in my book. I saw some pictures with Megan of Fox on the set of this new transformers movie. Is she making a cameo on this movie ? I think she will be in this movie explaining to Sam why she's breaking up with him.

3 years agoby @mosorwvladFlag

5. Daveactor7

@dan1 im hoping for Battle LA while I know ima just watch Sucker Punch for sheer fun. I just can't wait to see Super 8.

3 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

@ejk1 Sucker Punch and Battle: LA, man. Get this year going for sure.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

7. Gandoff

I say FIGHT THE TICKET!!!! Lmao... Have all your permits, and still get a ticket... Thats priceless.

3 years agoby @gandoffFlag

It just seems like Bay didn't try to look for an established actress, or even an actress, period. All he did, on paper, was make a lateral move. We will see if that move was a forward or backward lateral in about four or five months.

On a completely unrelated note, I've been seeing commercials for Sucker Punch all night, and I'm lovin' it.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

@bawnian-dexeus It doesn't, because @narzion makes it his mission in every single transformers article to hate on those that like it, and not shut up about his hatred. @ejk1 and I haven't hated on anyone here, we just don't like the casting decision.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

@dan1, I wonder if that applies to narzion

11. HighCaliberINC

...@supes -I got you man. I wasn't being literal

3 years agoby @highcaliberincFlag

lol I'm not stressed out at all. Why do people always assume someone is stressed out because they don't like something? It's possible to not like the casting decision and have a cool head about it.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

13. HighCaliberINC

I don't understand how it's possible to complain about something that was made public information from the outset. I'm pretty sure Bay said from the beginning he didn't want a "name" for this role and was going for a relative unknown. ..and is it really a surprise that he would pick beauty over talent (which remains to be seen) Remember, this isn't a Cohen Brothers movie...you guys can relieve much stress by remember who you are dealing with.

*That truck is wicked! Would have loved to see it today in the city.

3 years agoby @highcaliberincFlag

Ok. I got you, dude.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

15. CUPID

@ejk1 I was just kidding with that part,but really we dont know anything about her so let just all wait an see.

3 years agoby @cupidFlag

@cupid I wasn't aware that Whitley was in any other film. Please enlighten me to what they are.

@narrator True, but he could have at least offered money to someone. If Whitley isn't good, it will hurt the whole movie.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

17. Daveactor7

@narrator no you-you disagreed with me??? No-NOOOO lol
    anyways yeah i see ur point on that :P Hm. I wonder is shes still recuperating from all the nice looking explosions in Inception :P

3 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

@ejk1, while he could have very easily gone after any of the great choices below, I have a feeling no one really auditioned for Transformers, which led him to choose Huntington who did audition and showed interest in the film.

I'd also like to point out that, other than one maxim add, and a 3 or four second cut of her staring blankly at the screen, we haven't see anything from her. So while we are all probably right in saying she's a blonde Megan Fox, it's possible she can act decently. Not likely, but possible none-the-less.

@daveactor7, no offense, but I don't think Page is all that fantastic (she's good, not great), nor would her stereotyped character fit in this sort of world. She always plays the character who is slightly witty, sarcastic, and knows what she wants to do; pretty much a liberal. That wouldn't fit into Mr. Bayslopsion's way of thinking in the film, most likely.

Also I love the fact that Optimus got a ticket. Freakin' awesome.

3 years agoby @narratorFlag

19. Daveactor7

@dan1 agreed. Why not have cast Ellen Page or someone else

3 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

Not hating, being realistic. He had plenty of options, and he went with someone who won't add anything of value to the movie other then looking good.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

21. Daveactor7

lol @the parking ticket

3 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

22. CUPID

Am a very big fan of her's I love all her movies an i think her acting will amazing as usually so dont judge her for being beautiful Bay knows what he's doing an am sure you all will be very surprise when this movie comes out so stop all the hating.

3 years agoby @cupidFlag

Kristin Kreuk, Kristen Bell, Gemma Arterton, Rachel Bilson. All would have been more than acceptable. If you wanted a beautiful actress without much experience, how about Laura Vandervoort or Serinda Swan? My point being that he had a multitude of options, and chose poorly.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

And really, he has no excuse, as there are MANY good looking, good actresses out in the world.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

I'll give credit to Bay for totally replacing the character of Mikayla(spelling may not be correct), but he loses credit for not casting an actual actress.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

"We were told it was for a 'nemesis' role and I left thinking I was awful. The next day I was offered the lead!"

You probably WERE awful, Ms. Whitely, it's just that Bay is a superficial guy who needed a new girl to just look hot in his new movie :P

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

27. Bane5000

Even the greatest of Auto-Bots isnt immune to traffic laws :]

3 years agoby @bane5000Flag