Robert Pattinson Is Too Old to Return to 'The Twilight Saga'!

The 25-year-old actor believes he will have aged beyond Edward Cullen's years if Stephenie Meyer ends up writing another book.
Robert Pattinson says he's too old to return for The Twilight Saga
Robert Pattinson says he's too old to return for The Twilight Saga
Last month, we reported that Summit Entertainment's new parent company Lionsgate is eager to make another movie in the The Twilight Saga, if author Stephenie Meyer were to write another book.

Actor Robert Pattinson revealed at the Berlin Film Festival that he will likely be too old to reprise his Edward Cullen role, if another movie should happen.

"I'd be curious what Stephenie would write, but I just think I'd probably be too old. I'm already too old. But yeah, it'd be kind of interesting."

The 25-year-old Robert Pattinson stars in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2, the final installment of the vampire series, which hits theaters nationwide November 16. The entire series has grossed over $2.5 billion worldwide.

Robert Pattinson next appears in Bel Ami, which opens in theaters March 2 and had its world premiere at the Berlin Film Festival.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 was released November 16th, 2012 and stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Peter Facinelli, Elizabeth Reaser, Ashley Greene, Jackson Rathbone, Kellan Lutz. The film is directed by Bill Condon.

Sources: Reuters

1. Nicholaus XX

@dan1 -- Agreed.

@bawnian-dexeus -- You did. No comment..

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Oh, did I forget to mention that a kindergartner read all four books? True Story

F*ck Twilight, books or movies.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

4. Nicholaus XX

@bawnian-dexeus -- Ah, all right.

@corey -- Before it became a phenomenon? Lucky you.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

5. Corey W.

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx I read the books as they released, before the Twilight saga became such a phenomenon. I read the first book never expecting it to be as huge as it is today, and I loved it. Looking at the movies now they make the books seem sh*tty too. Although, I'm still a fan of the book works.

2 years agoby @coreyFlag

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Well, now I don't do those sorts of things, but before between junior and early high school I involved myself with what the other girls liked just to get their attention. Since the majority of them were into books, I read more back then than I do now

7. Nicholaus XX

@bawnian-dexeus -- That's a very, very odd reason. I don't want to sound offensive, nor do I want to come across as a dick, but do you do that with everything that females seem to be infatuated with? I mean, that's kind of equivalent to listening to all of the Justin Bieber songs to see what all of the fuss is about.

Again, I don't mean to offend, but I'm just curious. I can understand that you want to have a valid opinion on the books, and give your critique, but I didn't get that kind of vibe from you post.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx I started reading the books back in 2006 in high school simply because I was curious of this one girl that kept reading them in class. Other girls got into it and were hooked. I wanted to know what they were about, and they told me it was about vampires. Why not? That's how I came across them and continued reading them just to keep up with the women back in school. Know what I mean? We debated and what not. Hell, I even pissed girls off because I insulted some of the characters, even Bella for how she lived her relationships. Hormones and Twilight debates don't go well together. Especially if the person disagreeing with the women is a guy.

The Host is Meyer's better work, hell even better than her saga combined in my opinion. The Twilights books in my opinion are just a dramatic teenage love story, with vamps and shape shifters thrown in the mix. Worthy? Not in the least. Hell, the fourth book made such a build up, I almost threw it out the window for the ending. Seriously, sparkling vampires? I could go on, but that's why In read them in the first place.

9. Monkeyiron 2.0

Please don't write another book........The World needs to heal from these cursed books and movies

2 years agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

10. Nicholaus XX

@SpaceCowboy -- Ah. How much of it did you actually read, then?

@corey -- Why do males even bother to read the Twilight books, and what actually makes them worthy?

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

11. SpaceCowboy

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Don't ask me, man. Ask Corey. I barely gave the first book a shot.

2 years agoby @SpaceCowboyFlag

12. Nicholaus XX

@SpaceCowboy -- Really? Why do I hear the books are so good, then? I'm actually baffled that males even read the books.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

13. Newtron

It's not a question of Robert Pattinson being too old, it's an issue of The Twilight "Saga" (films) being too much, and by too much, I mean pathetic.

2 years agoby @newtronFlag

14. CelluloidDreams

Robert Pattinson Is Too Old to Return to The Twilight Saga!.....ROFL!! REALLY!?!? LOL!!

Robert Pattinson can't even act...give it up dude ..."Twilight" is over...so is your career!

2 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

15. JasonKat

@bawnian-dexeus
    I didnt compare those books w twilight, twilight is not even at their level :P lol

2 years agoby @jasonkatFlag

@jasonkat How dare you! LOL, Twilight doesn't even come close to Lord of the Rings, Potter, or even the Narnia book as best sellers.

17. JasonKat

Twilight may be the biggest money maker of all time or best selling books ever! for younger teens, girls or fans from the past. But the whole thing is just plain bad, wrong, stupid and sends the wrong mesg to younger girls.
    The only vampire movie that actually got it right, was "let the right one in". its 1000x better than twilight, theres blood, love, drama, (scary/thrilling) and a steady story, or/and is a reasonable film.
    The only reason twilight made it this far, was because they throw in these so call.. "hott guys" to boost ratings.
    Watch reboot the whole thing, throw in ugly or weird looking guys, i bet no girl will like it. lol. its nothing but eye candy,
    Same sh*t with megan fox, in jen's body, or transformers,

2 years agoby @jasonkatFlag

18. JasonKat

Im not a big fan of books or comics. or at least not when a book is brought to life on the big screen. Books are meant to be books, Their story is somewat diff than a movie story. Because books tell "the whole thing" in chapters and does not leave details out. or plots, Unlike movies, Theres only so much that can b shown, said or done in that. not to mention timing,
    Twilight...brought from a book onto the big screen is like making a live action film about SpongeBob. 'maybe" a better cartoon but not a real movie.

2 years agoby @jasonkatFlag

19. Tha Phoenix

And the books are very poorly written. Critics acknowledge this, literary mavens such as Stephen King acknowledge this. It is accepted as fact. Meyer can't write for sh*t and skated by on an admittedly good plot. Her characters are underdeveloped and the material is thin at best.

In fact, it's arguable that the screen writers are simply working with the shoddy material they have been given; making the best of a bad job.

*shrugs*

2 years agoby @thaphoenixFlag

20. Tha Phoenix

*laughs*

See, even Edward knows this series ain't sh*t. And having read the books AND watched the movies, I can tell you that he is right.

*raises Martini and exits stage left*

2 years agoby @thaphoenixFlag

21. Corey W.

@SpaceCowboy Have you even read the book :P The scene where Bella finds out that Edward is a vampire in the book is 100 percent different than in then in the movie. She's supposed to find out in a car ride home. Not once does this dialogue play out, "Say it...out loud." "Vampire...".

2 years agoby @coreyFlag

22. Xenon

The books are okay but not great... but the idea and concept has been done before with other films.
    As of Robert returning, ha he's a good actor but not great. Vampire's do age, either look their age or they stay looking young.

I would like it if Angel came back, Buffyverse and base it fifty years in the future.

What Meyor's should do is base any future books far into the future. If it was me, I would have combined all the books together and shoot one film.

2 years agoby @xenon56Flag

23. SpaceCowboy

@corey Haha, whatever man. It's virtually the same between the first book and movie.

2 years agoby @SpaceCowboyFlag

24. Corey W.

@SpaceCowboy Nah, I think Meyer wrote the books quite well. Movies had bad dialogue. Dialogue flowed in the book.

2 years agoby @coreyFlag

25. SpaceCowboy

@corey The same miserable dialog from the books is present in the movies and that was one of the key downfalls to the adaptations. Not just the story itself.

2 years agoby @SpaceCowboyFlag

26. Corey W.

@SpaceCowboy I wouldn't of said they were incredible if I didn't read them. I'm not ashamed to say that the books are good. They are books. They were written to be read. I read them, enjoyed them, but the movies were poorly adapted.

2 years agoby @coreyFlag

Hmm, if she does write another book, I wonder if she will finally add some real werewolves like the ones she mentioned in the final chapters of Breaking Dawn

28. SpaceCowboy

@corey Have you actually read the books? Either way you answer you lose. Keep that in mind ;)

2 years agoby @SpaceCowboyFlag

29. Corey W.

Okay listen, the books are damn good. Very well-written and they actually speculate on the story much better than the movies do. I'm down for another book, hell I'm down for another few books but I don't want them being adapted into movies because we've seen where thats gone.

Pattinson is a smart actor, and a damn good one.

2 years agoby @coreyFlag

30. thedude-abides

Thumbing down for two reasons. 1: The notion of there being another book/film, and 2: Pattinson is the best actor of the sordid bunch. I'd prefer him over a lesser talent, which is what would be cast. Lame all the way around.

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag