'Resident Evil 6' Starts Shooting This Fall

Paul W.S. Anderson will likely move right from 'Pompeii', currently shooting in Toronto, to the final installment of the franchise.
Resident Evil 6 set to start shooting this fall
Resident Evil 6 set to start shooting this fall
Director Paul W.S. Anderson revealed in a recent profile that Resident Evil 6 will begin production this fall. The director is currently shooting Pompeii in Toronto, which means he will likely move directly from that project into Resident Evil 6.

A specific start date was not released, but we reported in March that Sony Pictures has issued a September 13, 2014 release date. Franchise star Milla Jovovich will return as Alice, although no other cast members have been confirmed. The last installment, Resident Evil: Retribution, featured the return of several cast members from previous Resident Evil movies, such as Sienna Guillory, Michelle Rodriguez, and Boris Kodjoe.

Paul W.S. Anderson is likely writing the screenplay, since he has worked on every script since the franchise began in 2002 with Resident Evil.

Back in December, the filmmaker exclusively revealed to us that he wants Resident Evil 6 to be the franchise finale, although no story details have been revealed.

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter comes to theaters in 2015 and stars Milla Jovovich. The film is directed by Paul W.S. Anderson.

Sources: The Star

1. Sorenmason

I had visited a page on facebook (Resident Evil 6:Afterbirth/Armageddon) that has a very awesome storyline for the RE 6. The part 1 is already posted and the part 2 will be released before the month of July ends, according to it. The storyline is amazing. I hope Paul W.S. Anderson read this and implement some of it. Don't miss it. Visit the page.

1 year agoby @sorenmasonFlag

2. Writer220

@mr-k script yes, link no. Just put in his name and script title, it worked for me.

1 year agoby @writer220Flag

3. Mr.K

@writer220 Do you have the link to the script?

1 year agoby @mr-kFlag

4. Sean

@escapist These Resident Evil movies are really just good enough for buying the Blu-ray, and skipping out on watching them in movie theaters.

1 year agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

5. Sean

@monkeyiron2-0 Oh, I see. I think Resident Evil 6 will be the last Resident Evil movie.

1 year agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

6. Escapist

I'm sorry but who the hell has been watching these movies? The zombies?!

1 year agoby @escapistFlag

7. Writer220

@artkid04 I have his script version, it's so much better than Paul's, it has the heart and soul of Resident Evil.

1 year agoby @writer220Flag

8. renodc

Further validating my last comment, RE: Afterlife and Retribution combined international sales are about 70-90 million more than JJ Abrams 2 Star Trek films made internationally.

1 year agoby @renodcFlag

9. renodc

Resident Evil is an example of a crappy franchise that has maintained it's legs through the robust international box office. Domestically the series has been a commercial failure, but the international box office has kept it afloat, especially the last 3 films. Afterlife and Retribution got 75%+ of their take from international. Retribution's domestic take fell 20 million below it's budgetary cost but the international sales saved it bringing in nearly 200 mil, which shoots to he!! my concept that international moviegoers have better taste in film than Americans. Apparently, they like $hit too.

1 year agoby @renodcFlag

10. Sean

@dan1 Hopefully, not.

1 year agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

11. Sean

@monkeyiron2-0 You mean that this is the last Resident Evil movie? Or that they really are going to be filming this fall?

1 year agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

12. Hideki Ryuga

Hum!

1 year agoby @h-ryugaFlag

13. Writer220

@h-ryuga nothing is final about this guy.
    Kidnapping is no good - talking to her would be good, hell I did that with that Terminator lady a few years ago. I don't get nervous around actors or anyone else. I'm hesitant around reporters.

1 year agoby @writer220Flag

14. Diaigma

*facepalm* ...

1 year agoby @diaigmaFlag

15. artkid04

@writer220 del toro would be an interesting choice!!! at times i do wish what the first film would have been like if George A Romero directed it

1 year agoby @artkid04Flag

It'll be sh*t just like the rest.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

17. Hideki Ryuga

@Mutant
    kidnap Milla

1 year agoby @h-ryugaFlag

18. Writer220

@h-ryuga there is one way, petition.

@artkid04 I was just throwing a name in, it doesn't have to be him lets say Del Toro since he's known for as monsters and could easily direct a zombie film.

1 year agoby @writer220Flag

19. Replicant

Please, make it be the last one, I beg you...

1 year agoby @felipe-11Flag

20. Hideki Ryuga

Any ideas of how to force them to stop?
    anyway, am still impressed how they did not involve aliens

1 year agoby @h-ryugaFlag

21. Sean

@monkeyiron2-0@thehost91@QuintsSharkShop@skywise@escapist
    This is probably going to be the last Resident Evil movie. I don't think there is going to be anymore Resident Evil movies after Resident Evil 6.

1 year agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

22. K.Guy

I guess everybody didn't read "The final installment"

1 year agoby @kguyFlag

23. artkid04

@writer220 Christopher Nolan i don't think would really do a franchise like this, mainly cause you can't really base it in reality without taking out some of the crazy monsters, for me, I'd want him to do an adaptation of The last of Us, now that would be a master film

1 year agoby @artkid04Flag

24. Emmy has a Gun

this series would have been better if it didn't retcon itself every movie. And honestly I think the biggest mistake was making Alice some superhuman with super powers in the 2nd movie.
    I liked the first film, but every film after felt like a different unrelated movie.

1 year agoby @emmyhasagunFlag

25. Writer220

If it were me I would have it as a TV series, strange murders in the city. S.T.A.R.S investigates it and have it as a drama for the first half of the season.
    Establish Umbrella right away, key figures and have all the characters from the games.
    the first season would explore not only Raccoon City but also the Mansion. the last episode would explode as the rest of the city are infected, leaving small groups of people to fend for themselves.

1 year agoby @writer220Flag

26. Writer220

I enjoy them for the gain of salt that they are, mindless dribble.
    If this was touched by Nolan it would be grounded in reality and no one would be enhanced, that's option one.

Option two: The Walking Dead approach

This series needs to be taken away from Paul, he used to be good.
    Event Horizen

1 year agoby @writer220Flag

27. Escapist

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 year agoby @escapistFlag

If I could double thumb this down I would.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag