'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' Blu-ray and DVD Artwork

The release date and special features have not been announced yet for Disney's new high seas adventure starring Johnny Depp.
We have an early look at the Blu-ray and DVD artwork for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, although the release has not been officially announced yet. We do know that the pirate adventure will be released on a five-disc Blu-ray set ($49.99 SRP), which includes the 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital Copy, a two-disc Blu-ray/DVD set ($39.99 SRP), and another two-disc DVD/Blu-ray set ($39.99 SRP), which has DVD packaging instead of Blu-ray packaging. There will also be a Pirates of the Caribbean Four-Pack Collection ($169.99 SRP), which features all four movies on both Blu-ray and DVD in a collectible treasure chest package. Take a look at all this new artwork below.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides five-disc Blu-ray
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides two-disc Blu-ray/DVD
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tidestwo-disc DVD/Blu-ray
Pirates of the Caribbean Four-Pack Collection

We'll keep you posted with any further details on these Blu-ray sets, including a release date and special features details, as soon as we have them.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides was released May 20th, 2011 and stars Johnny Depp, Penélope Cruz, Geoffrey Rush, Ian McShane, Kevin McNally, Sam Claflin, Astrid Berges-Frisbey, Stephen Graham. The film is directed by Rob Marshall.

Sources: The Digital Bits

1. Sean

@ghostman
    Oh, okay.

2. Ghostman

@sean I haven't used formspring in the last 6 mos. sorry :/

3 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

3. Sean

@ghostman
    To find my formspring.me webpage, you could find it on Jerry Bruckheimers formspring.me webpage in link that unfortunately not clickable, that in a post that i wrote 5 comment below here.

4. Sean

@ghostman
    Unfortunately, I couldn't make that link clickable either.

5. Sean

@ghostman
    Yes, i do. You do too ? Here's my webpage on there http://www.formspring.me/themoviefanatic .

6. Ghostman

@sean you have a formspring? haha so do i, don't use it often though :(

3 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

7. Sean

@ghostman
    Sorry, that i could not make the link clickable. Just highlight the link and then choose which search engine to use from there to go to it.

8. Sean

@ghostman
    Yeah, there will be a total of 5 Deleted and Extended scenes. I just recently found that out from Jerry Bruckheimer on his formsping.me webpage, here in this website link here -> http://www.formspring.me/JBruckheimer .

9. Ghostman

@sean cool! I hope they have more deleted/extended scenes for this rather than the last two, because frankly Pirates 2 and 3 only had like 4.5 hours of bonus features, whereas the first Pirates had over nearly 10 hours of features!

3 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

10. Sean

@internetwin@combatmadness360@ghostman
    I just found out from Jerry Bruckheimer's formspring.me webpage, that Pirates 4's Deleted and Extended scenes will be on all editions of Pirates 4 on Blu Ray, meaning the 2-Disc Blu Ray pack, the 5-Disc Blu Ray pack and the 15-Disc Blu Ray pack, not just on the 5-Disc Blu Ray pack and 15-Blu Ray pack.

11. Sean

I have found out from the official source meaning http://www.disneydvd.disney.go.com/ , that Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides is coming to DVD and a 2 Disc 2D Blu ray pack and a 5 disc 2D/3D Blu Ray pack on October 18th 2011 Tuesday.

12. Sean

@Salem6777
    Usually, when a movie like this makes as much money, in the box office world wide as this one did, it is huge success. If anything, it is getting very close to the amount of money that Pirates 2 made, which is over $ 1 Billion dollars in the world wide box office and that is no fail.

13. Salem6777

and oh yea i love the first 3 movies but this movie was a huge fail...

3 years agoby @Salem6777Flag

14. Salem6777

i call it! i knew these pics would be artwork for the DVD/Blu-ray cases

3 years agoby @Salem6777Flag

15. Sean

@ghostman
    I'm going to buy the 3D Blu Ray for Pirates 4 instead of the 2 Disc 2D blu Ray version of Pirates 4, so that in the future when they have 3D HDTV's with a higher resolution number then 1080P, i'll already have Pirates 4 on 3D Blu Ray and i wont have to buy it again because of me buying the 2D Blu Ray before, which i will be avoiding that by not getting the 2D Blu Ray version because of the possible 1440P or 2160P 3D HDTV's in the future, as well a 1440P or 2160P blu ray players and 1440P or 2160P HDMI Cables that support 3D in those future HD screen resolutions.

16. Sean

@ghostman
    Yes, i could see that it is a hard plastic chest, rather then a cardboard box set, because it looks like it is made out of a hard smooth plastic material, i can kinda see what it looks like it's made out of, just from looking at the image of it.

17. Ghostman

@themoviefanatic It's a cool set, becuz it is actually hard plastic chest, rather than a stupid cardboard box set

3 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

18. Sean

@ejk1
    I blame everyone that bothers to acknowledge you saying that.

3 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

@dan1 I blame everyone that bothers to acknowledge the little doofus.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

20. Sean

@ghostman
    I'm going to also get the 2-Disc DVD/Blu-Ray edition for Pirates 4 as well. I think that large set with the Dead Man's Chest treasure chest is cool too, but i already have the 7 disc set. I wish that, that bonus disc with the never before seen footage in the 15 disc set could be sold seperately, but i know that will unfortunately never actually happen .

21. Ghostman

@themoviefanatic can't wait for your review! I am going to buy the 2-disc DVD/blu-ray edition, so it can match w/the other three 2-disc editions :) that box set is pretty narly though

3 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

22. Sean

@dan1
    No, i'm not trolling. I'm here commenting on articles about movies, like you and everyone else here. I was going to write my review for the movie, after i recently saw it but i have not gotten around to it yet. As soon as i have a chance to, i will write my review for it.

3 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

@themoviefanatic So where's your review for the movie? You do more than enough pimping for the movie's DVD, where's your support with a review detailing what you did or didn't like about the movie? You were oddly quiet when this movie was released, but now that details are emerging about the DVD, you're back to trolling.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

24. Sean

@2movieguys
    Yes, in 3 months on September 20th, it will be out on DVD and Blu Ray.

25. CelluloidDreams

WOW!!! This is quick...GLad I didn't waste my movie dollar and see it in theaters!!!

I guess in 2-3 months "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" will be available for rental!!!

3 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

26. Sean

@nautical05
    It's likely already in a $3 movie theater.

27. Sean

@dan1
    I was that one who told Brian, the one who wrote this article about the Pirates 4 blu ray cover art.

28. Nautical

Ill wait to watch this in the $3 movie theater.

3 years agoby @nautical05Flag

@dan1 Okay, do that if you must, but the likelihood of him finding the article was high anyways.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag