NYCC 2011: 'The Amazing Spider-Man' Promo Art

The infamous web-slinger is spotted in these new images from Marc Webb's upcoming Marvel reboot.

1. Connie Raygans

The yellow eyes are really throwing me off. Not really likin it.

3 years agoby @Connie-RaygansFlag

2. Ghostman

@jptheredskull What i wanna know is how the hell does a teenager like PArker have such amazing costume design skills? and where did he find this sort of material from anyways? Hope they explain that in the movie.

3 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

3. J.P.

@ignitedspade It is but this version is supposed to look crappy. They wanted it to look like something a nerdy teenager designed (i.e. like kick-ass).

His suit will change as the series goes on (under Marvel).

3 years agoby @jptheredskullFlag

4. Diaigma

SPIDEY! :D

3 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

5. ZanyZap

They look very classic Spidey--with the bright colors and whatnot.

3 years agoby @zanyzapFlag

6. ignitedspade

I'm still hoping this is the "Mark I" of the spider-man suit. If this is the actual suit suit, I will be really disappointed, because frankly, it looks like sh*t.

3 years agoby @ignitedspadeFlag

7. Silverscreen

@The_Crow2k i get you, but the the first trailer to me felt like the Spider-man elements that were left out of the 1st trilogy or at least done played. I'm looking forward to this version but nothing will be like the spider's first appearance on film Raimi's version will always have that. I wish Marvel could regain the rights to it but for Sony that would be giving up the gold.

3 years agoby @SilverscreenFlag

8. GreekSauce

People are WAY too critical here. Like some have said before me, they are pics of spider-man. They are not completely dissappointing and at the same time, I'm not sh**ting myself with glee. The cast looks good, the director was an interesting pick, I will reserve judgment until I've seen a full length trailer. Then AND ONLY then.....will I probably bash the movie. :)

3 years agoby @greeksauceFlag

9. Silverscreen

@mclovin I've been reading on Movie web for years; just never bothered to comment, i did find entertainment in some of the arguments!

3 years agoby @SilverscreenFlag

10. The_Crow2k

@Silverscreen, you are right...but when the product looks promising.
    To me it doesn't.

3 years agoby @the-crow2kFlag

11. The_Crow2k

Each time i see new pics from this movie i get upset...
    I would gladly eat my hat if this movie turns out to be any good, but it didn't left once, ONCE! an impression on me.
    And...that's kind of upsetting when it comes from your favorite super hero.

3 years agoby @the-crow2kFlag

12. Silverscreen

What people are forgetting is that comics are about interpretation and re-interpretation. Different writers and artists helm spider-man all the time. Thats how all comics stay fresh and interesting. I mean the spider is 50+ yrs old. Even D.C/Warner is revamping their whole line-up cuz they are getting crushed by Marvel/Disney. It's possible they'll lose some of the film goers who will hate it cuz its different but they'll keep true comic fans and those that watch movies cuz they're good.

3 years agoby @SilverscreenFlag

13. TheStonedReviewer

Well i like em' there pictures of spiderman, and thats all i want

3 years agoby @stonedFlag

14. m2

Nope!

3 years agoby @m2Flag

15. Nicholaus XX

@jptheredskull -- Ah, I guess I got too caught up with how people on this website are looking extremely forward to it. I really like the cast, and the director. Can't say much about the premise at this stage..

3 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

16. Seanserv0

It would be one thing if they rebooted this like 10 years from now... but it's absurd that they think a reboot will fix this franchise....

"You know that last one sucked really bad... Lets just start over cause we messed up so bad. Yeah! Then we'll make more money!"

Hollywood, it doesn't work that way....

3 years agoby @seanserv0Flag

17. K.Guy

Eh...

3 years agoby @kguyFlag

18. J.P.

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Sadly, The Amazing Spider-Man isn't really anticpated at all. Most people who fall into gernal audiences as well as many of the devoted fanboys really have no hope for this film and at this stage have given up on it. The only people still anticpating it at this point are those who know better to wait for footage to pass judgement and those who were at comic con and saw the footage. Everyone I know who saw the footage at comic-con said they are very excited to see it but fans who haven't seen footage, not so much. This may all change with a proper trailer but i don't know.

3 years agoby @jptheredskullFlag

19. ChiRep_1

Yeah the first two are pretty amateur but I really like the third, I've really come around to the suit since the first image was revealed.

It's been a while since we had some TAS news so these are sufficient. Can't wait for next summer!

3 years agoby @ChiRep-1Flag

20. Teja

Sucks in all possible ways..

3 years agoby @TejaFlag

21. ROFLitschristian

Why has every photo that's been officially released looked like total sh*t. I mean, everything looks like it was handled in 5 seconds tops! Probably was.

3 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

22. Ghostman

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx I just hope the posters get better.

3 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

I love spidey but i am not really to impresed with this. I still cant wait to see the movie.

3 years agoby @skywiseFlag

24. Sexyman1

also the mask looks like it was made from a spray painted basketball.

3 years agoby @sexyman1Flag

25. Sexyman1

whats with the orange lenses, are they for uv light protection, i dont mind reinventing some things with new ideas but orange spidey eyes.

3 years agoby @sexyman1Flag

26. thrashnasty190

Awesome.

3 years agoby @thrashnasty190Flag

27. ridgl

Hey, the mask still sucks.

3 years agoby @ridglFlag