Next James Bond Movie Not Expected for Another 3 Years

MGM C.E.O Gary Barber announced that they have started developing the screenplay for the 24th installment of the British secret agent saga.
Next James Bond film not expected for another three years
Next James Bond film not expected for another three years
MGM Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Gary Barber took part in a conference call yesterday revealing that the studio is expecting the twenty-fourth installment in the James Bond film franchise is expected to hit theaters within three years. The executive also stated that they have started the search for a new director due to Sam Mendes departing after Skyfall.

Here is what he had to say about the upcoming project.

"We are currently developing the screenplay and working with our partners. We look forward to developing the script soon and signing a director. We are hoping within the next 3 years it will be released, We are very excited about the franchise, we look forward to announcing a director soon."

Skyfall brought in over one billion dollars worldwide. Daniel Craig is expected to return as the super agent, making it his forth appearance in the franchise.

Sources: Reuters

1. T. King (Red Camera Man)

@the-crow2k: Oh, really? 2012 was a fantastic year I've ever had for movies (except for only "The Amazing Spider-Man," "Skyfall," and "Cabin In The Woods"), but I absolutely agree about "Casino Royale" though.

1 year agoby @redcameramanFlag

2. Nick kaji

daniel craig is still young he will have 2 more films done before age 50 , lets not forget roger moore was doing james bond when he was 55 LOL

1 year agoby @Omega007Flag

3. The_Crow2k

@redcameraman Oh, man, I was after a long day that day and I went to see it in 12 am, I believed it'll wake me up .... I was very wrong.
    I usually enjoy very much a good drama and suspense but I feel I didn't got any of that...I really don't understand the praise.
    2012 wasn't "rich" with many good films and I think people have started to settle for mediocrity in the last couple of years for every film that is a bit better than average.
    I agree. Casino Royale was superior in every single way.

1 year agoby @the-crow2kFlag

4. T. King (Red Camera Man)

@the-crow2k: I now feel your pain, man. "Skyfall" didn't turn out as awesome as I thought it'd be either. Never before have I been so bored like that during a movie that I've been really dying to see ever since it first came out, and that my expectations were completely shattered throughout. The movie was so dull and slow as hell that it later became so uninteresting and unengaging to me that I desperately wanted it to end already. But the only good things about the film: Adele's awesome theme song being played during the cool opening sequence, very good acting (especially from Javier Bardem who did provide some funny lines), and decent action sequences (especially at the beginning); other than that though...nothing. But hey, at least there's still "Casino Royale" to drown away all those sorrows from "Skyfall," and I NEVER get bored with that film (I've even seen it 3-4 times).

1 year agoby @redcameramanFlag

5. Nick kaji

daniel craig signed on for 2 more james bond films. YES

1 year agoby @Omega007Flag

6. Nick kaji

@moviemouse hes signed on for 2 more bonds recently

1 year agoby @Omega007Flag

7. Diaigma

Good. Take your time. Give us something good :P

1 year agoby @diaigmaFlag

8. Sean

@c-a-r-t-m-a-n It's fake news?

1 year agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

9. artkid04

its good that they are taking their time with this one

1 year agoby @artkid04Flag

10. A7sus4

Not surprising since one of the worst in the canon just got treated like one of the best (it's a total mystery). Why try for a repeat of that kind of good luck so soon?

1 year agoby @a7sus4Flag

11. Corey W.

@redcameraman They'll need to do a whole lot to make it better than Skyfall...it's gonna be a tough one to top.

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

12. Corey W.

@narrator Agreed.

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

13. The_Crow2k

@redcameraman Sure hope so.

1 year agoby @the-crow2kFlag

A thumbs up just because the development stages are underway

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

There were four years between Quantum and Skyfall. This is not a big deal.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

16. moviemouse

i guess this means this will be Daniel Craig last bond movie, sucks

1 year agoby @moviemouseFlag

17. TheDude1

They said within 3 years so I fully expect the next Bond to be released in November of 2014.

1 year agoby @thedude1Flag

18. renodc

With MGM fresh off of missing bankruptcy by the skin of their teeth, I highly doubt they will wait 3 years to follow up Skyfall especially since it grossed over a BILLION worldwide. From a strictly financial standpoint, they would be stupid not to get another in the theaters within two years.
    If the delay is true, I imagine it has to do with Sam Mendes not returning and them not wanting to make the same mistake they made after Casino fast tracking another film (Quantum of Solace) that was far inferior.

1 year agoby @renodcFlag

Anyways, they better get a move on. Craig won't stay young forever

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

@narrator True. Still need to bring Mr. White to justice

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

21. Xenon

Skyfall was awesome - please make it someone we all know.

1 year agoby @xenon56Flag

22. Zeeman1

They better finish up the Quantum story arc.

1 year agoby @zeeman1Flag

23. justinishulk

oh no.. 3 years? it is like they don't want money...:)

1 year agoby @justinishulkFlag

24. Titon

I can wait 3 years, Skyfall is the best Bond yet!

1 year agoby @TitonFlag

25. Zach Chappelear

Who cares after Skyfail

1 year agoby @Zach-ChappelearFlag

I take it they're not going to finish up Quantum's story arc? While I'm all for keeping variety in the Bond franchise, and Skyfall was a much needed personal deviation from it's predecessors, they can't simply ignore Quantum forever. A secret society that has infiltrated every prominent level of nearly every social infrastructure in the world? I doubt Mi6 would ignore that type of a threat, let alone Bond..

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

27. T. King (Red Camera Man)

I hope it's a lot better than "Skyfall."

1 year agoby @redcameramanFlag

Seems like an appropriate amount of time, especially now that they need to find a director.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

29. JonSpidey07

there's no big rush since all of these stories are seperate minus the 1st two Daniel Craig ones
    I'm confident they can make the next grand adventure

1 year agoby @jonspidey07Flag